Autopsy Round 17 vs Port Adelaide Power @ Oval of Adelaide - 08/07/23 - 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda wanted more changes but if the noise is true and the players are pissed.

Please respond lads, show us what Dew means to you!

You've already let the fans down last week, don't let yourselves down this week.

Good to see Touk back! Humphrey named in the guts but hasn't played their since his nom

Great to see Touk in, also happy to see Atkins get his spot back, was one of the only bright spots after he came on. Not sure how Ace has retained his spot
2 Changes to the worst performance in the Clubs history. Easily the worst when you factor the talent now on the list.
Should have been at least 5 and Ace keeps his spot. Surely this is a joke.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy for the guys who put in the poor performance put on the front line again to respond. They are (or should be) under just as much pressure as the coach. Surprised not to see lemmens anywhere, maybe easing him back in to avoid repeat of the hammy.

All I want to see this week is any evidence that Dew has identified where things have been going wrong, and at least an attempt to fix it.

Our ball movement last week (and against Carlton) was genuinely worse than what we produced at our lowest in 2018.

Absolutely 0 run from the backline. Not a single handball receive to a runner running past to open the game up that I remember. And not a single player on the ground was even trying to run into space to give an option because everyone in the stadium knew we were kicking it to Witts and Casboult anytime we got the ball. It was genuinely u/12's stuff. Just so incredibly stagnant.

I just want to at least see an acceptance that this wasn't good enough. It doesn't have to come off everytime, but I want to see the players attempt to run and take the game on, instead of rolling over and just accepting we're no chance so we play the percentage long kick out every single time.

Port are going to cut us up when they get the ball anyway. May as well be because we were at least trying to attack instead of whatever the hell they were doing last week.

2 Changes to the worst performance in the Clubs history. Easily the worst when you factor the talent now on the list.

Agree 100%.

Massive opportunity missed to send a couple of coasting big names back to kick the dew off in the early game and shake up the joint.

Perhaps we can ease Touk back in via the forward pocket to have someone who can chase and pressure, and move the Bear back into the middle so he can add to the… 3 centre bounces he has attended since the bye. :p

He is 18 years old and as a first year player would have had a modified pre-season already that was then interrupted by his infected foot.
A few centre bounces here and there.
A few minutes in the midfield here and there.
That is enough in year one.
Might even be time for a spell soon.

He might look like a brick outhouse but so did Swallow in his first few years and we smashed him up pretty good. JOM played every game in his first year with a lot of midfield minutes. Not sure that worked for him either.

0*ZjYSm_q36J4KChdn

Do we expect Touk to play forward or will he rotate through the midfield?

I doubt he'll be match fit, so they'll try and limit his workload as best they can.

Might spend more time forward, or on the bench. Wouldn't be surprised if the plan is to sub him off as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose this one badly as seems to be the narrative in this thread then surely even the most naive of supporters will have to concede Dew is done. An almost full list, 6 years to drill the ( non existent game plan) teams we used to laugh at roaring past us on the ladder, still getting belted.

Personally I hope I’m wrong and the team stands up for Dew and this represents the turning of the corner but I think this is at least the 4th time in recent years I have driven the false hope boat to fantasy island

If we lose this one badly as seems to be the narrative in this thread then surely even the most naive of supporters will have to concede Dew is done. An almost full list, 6 years to drill the ( non existent game plan) teams we used to laugh at roaring past us on the ladder, still getting belted.

Personally I hope I’m wrong and the team stands up for Dew and this represents the turning of the corner but I think this is at least the 4th time in recent years I have driven the false hope boat to fantasy island
Playing Port in Adelaide, I'm expecting a huge loss here.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not clear at this stage if the rain is going to hit in Adelaide tonight. Google suggests a 20% chance around the time of the first bounce but looks like the chances increase later into the night.

Not clear at this stage if the rain is going to hit in Adelaide tonight. Google suggests a 20% chance around the time of the first bounce but looks like the chances increase later into the night.
Hayes to make hay when the SUNs don't shine

Lack of basics.

Fiorini handball to an open Ainsworth ineffectual, poor entry.
Ellis completely outbodied by Boak in a one on one, quick entry for them.

No good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 17 vs Port Adelaide Power @ Oval of Adelaide - 08/07/23 - 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back