Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win under difficult circumstances. That a different Eagles that have been playing recently. Honestly, in terns of finals preparation what a better game than a training run walk over.

Top 4 baby!

They have been a very respectable team before the previous couple weeks with some dismal effort. They have a much healthier list this year so not surprised they managed to be so competitive.

Glad we survived that. Hopefully we can get on the first plane out of there and don’t have to travel back to Perth for the rest of the year.

Take the W but it feels like one of the more unconvincing 6 win streaks in AFL history.

Sometimes you just have to keep grinding but I’m wondering when we are going to start playing a more reassuring and consistent style of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the W but it feels like one of the more unconvincing 6 win streaks in AFL history.

Sometimes you just have to keep grinding but I’m wondering when we are going to start playing a more reassuring and consistent style of footy.

Has a team apart from Sydney put together a stronger 6 weeks?

Thought the Eagles came in playing their grand final, it’s a long trip and we ultimately came out alive. I’ll take it.

Will need to improve against Sydney obviously but nothing wrong with an ugly win to keep the streak going.

Strange game really. Never thought we’d lose, given we seemed to always have just enough whenever we needed another goal or two to keep them at bay, but like we’ve been saying most weeks we need to improve for next weeks game that’s for sure.

In terms of players, I think even I’ve taken Lachie for granted over the years but far out watching him play like that today, he’s actually unreal. He’s won 2 Brownlows but I’d argue his last 6 weeks has been the best of his career.

Thought O, Dunks and Hugh were good, although they went a bit quieter in the last quarter, but thankfully Kai stepped up. Fletcher was good in the last too, and thought Cam had a pretty good day today also.

Massive game next week. If we can win that one then I think my hopes for this season may change.

Yeah I was kinda feeling the same way in the last quarter, but then reminded myself Collingwood had 2 years of unconvincing wins and managed to snare a flag out of them. I’ll take it if we can do similar.

The dead cat didn't quite bounce high enough and while they tried hard** I never felt worried. Good job getting the points.

Actually I might have to check myself on the umpiring since we haven't been visited by a bunch of neutrals telling us how bad it is when normally we would when truly being reamed...

**with a little help from their friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Back