Trades Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker is worth more, has a BE of 113 and most likely tagged by Miller this week if JPK doesn't get up. De Goey BE of 90, worth less and won't be tagged and can score well. I'd stay with De Goey

Danger 120K less and should score higher and keep his mid role now that Menzel is back in the side. Both can go massive, but Gaff a slight chance of a Dunkley tag

I'd be going De Goey / Danger, then De Goey next week to Macrae
Do you really think Parker could be tagged? He could barely touch the ball for 3.5 quarters last week, doesn’t deserve to be tagged! You’ve scared me now though haha. I’m hoping the swans will just put this game to bed really early so Parker can just have plenty of opportunities up fwd. I really have to keep him this week, it would destory me if he went 120+ when traded out

would love to see an unlimited number of trades version... each week you get to choose all the pigs you can without money or injury restrictions.

I was thinking the opposite. A set and forget version. Would rely on luck a lot with injuries but would be somewhat interesting I reckon.

would love to see an unlimited number of trades version... each week you get to choose all the pigs you can without money or injury restrictions.

I was thinking the opposite. A set and forget version. Would rely on luck a lot with injuries but would be somewhat interesting I reckon.

Both options would be fun......

both have merits... as it currently stands if you strike out on your initial squad you're pretty much done for the season, with unlimited trades you can just load up and go again.

I was actually thinking something a little bit different to those two. Was thinking that you could have the same rules, but up until Round 3 you could have unlimited trades. Essentially allowing time to see who the best of the best is and who is down from last season. Would set people up a lot better for the year and not rely so much on luck. In those first 2 weeks you don't really do much anyway, given that rookies are just appreciating in value, so it would make sense to give you a longer time to 'perfect' your team from the start. Would basically be in line with the draft league option that allows you to start games in Round 3 instead of 1.

I was actually thinking something a little bit different to those two. Was thinking that you could have the same rules, but up until Round 3 you could have unlimited trades. Essentially allowing time to see who the best of the best is and who is down from last season. Would set people up a lot better for the year and not rely so much on luck. In those first 2 weeks you don't really do much anyway, given that rookies are just appreciating in value, so it would make sense to give you a longer time to 'perfect' your team from the start. Would basically be in line with the draft league option that allows you to start games in Round 3 instead of 1.

There is an English Premier League fantasy game where you get one wildcard, for unlimited trades for one week. Do you use it early (when prices are low - particularly for rookies), or hold for a week of carnage ??

There is an English Premier League fantasy game where you get one wildcard, for unlimited trades for one week. Do you use it early (when prices are low - particularly for rookies), or hold for a week of carnage ??

I'd go using it early, because no matter how bad the carnage is, it can't be as bad as 10+ spuds pumping out putrid scores that can ruin your fantasy season from the start

Do you really think Parker could be tagged? He could barely touch the ball for 3.5 quarters last week, doesn’t deserve to be tagged! You’ve scared me now though haha. I’m hoping the swans will just put this game to bed really early so Parker can just have plenty of opportunities up fwd. I really have to keep him this week, it would destory me if he went 120+ when traded out
Only think he would be if JPK doesn't play, but according to the Swans it looks like he should. If that's the case, you should be fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go using it early, because no matter how bad the carnage is, it can't be as bad as 10+ spuds pumping out putrid scores that can ruin your fantasy season from the start

Agreed, although in the EPL, the mid season trade period can influence thinking.

But use early can catch premium options before the price rise, as this is governed by demand, not performance.

So if you have the 180k midfielder pumping out Macrae/Mitchell scores - and everyone trades him in - the price rise is pretty steep...

Hibberd out with a quad, could be a few weeks for any that have held. Joel Smith looking like a likely replacement which is handy

Smith as an in would be handy...

I've entered that grey area where I'm not sure I'm even 'improving' my side anymore.

Rocky/Wingard/Gibbs on the chopping block.

Danger the target this week. Macrae next week.

Thinking:
McInerney -> Abbott for cash
Gibbs -> Danger

Next week:
Rocky-> Macrae
Wingard -> Hoff or Billings 0-> Menegola. Starting to look a bit too sideways for my liking.

I'm only planning to move Gibbs on first due to BE's as $$ will be very tight doing this over the next fortnight. I'll have $1000 spare if everything goes as planned!

I've entered that grey area where I'm not sure I'm even 'improving' my side anymore.

Rocky/Wingard/Gibbs on the chopping block.

Danger the target this week. Macrae next week.

Thinking:
McInerney -> Abbott for cash
Gibbs -> Danger

Next week:
Rocky-> Macrae
Wingard -> Hoff or Billings 0-> Menegola. Starting to look a bit too sideways for my liking.

I'm only planning to move Gibbs on first due to BE's as $$ will be very tight doing this over the next fortnight. I'll have $1000 spare if everything goes as planned!

Mmm that's all pretty sideways. Wingard is fine and is averaging over 95, so not sure I'd be moving him on just yet. Likewise with Gibbs. He's had a few down games but he'll probably bounce back this week against an easy side. McInerney to Abbott is solid, but I'd be looking at a maxed rook like a Doedee or Andrew Brayshaw (if you have them) instead of getting rid of a premo. Billings is in good form and Rocky has been fine too. If I was pushed though, I'd be fine with Rocky to Macrae given that it could be a 30-40 point increase

Risky option but genuinely thinking to bring in Billings. Know it will probably bite me on the bum, but looking back I had thought he would have a good back end of the season, and that is coming to fruition.

Can't afford Hurn unless I dump Rocky which I'm not keen to do, so then looking at the others in the 500-590k range, I'm not super convinced of anyone, with the main candidates being Shuey, Billings, Franklin, T.McDonald. Got 5 games under the roof, Richo wants to keep his job, I think Billings will go well.

If I do stick that out it would be:
Sicily -> Billings
Walters or De Goey -> Heeney

Mmm that's all pretty sideways. Wingard is fine and is averaging over 95, so not sure I'd be moving him on just yet. Likewise with Gibbs. He's had a few down games but he'll probably bounce back this week against an easy side. McInerney to Abbott is solid, but I'd be looking at a maxed rook like a Doedee or Andrew Brayshaw (if you have them) instead of getting rid of a premo. Billings is in good form and Rocky has been fine too. If I was pushed though, I'd be fine with Rocky to Macrae given that it could be a 30-40 point increase

I quite literally have no other options. I don't get how to post images but my team is:

DEF: Laid, Lloyd, Yeo, Brayshaw, Whitfield, Simpson (Smith/Riordan)
MID: Titch, Jelly, Conig, Beams, Gibbs, Heppell, Zerrett, Zorko (Giro/Clarke)
RUCK: Grundy/Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
FWD: Smith, McLean, Heeney, Billings, Rocky, Wingard (Ahern/Kerr)

I could be making my team worse each week at this point.

Who makes way for Macrae? I would guess Gibbs on form but maybe Zorko?

Gray out will pose question marks over Rocky/Wingard. Who moves forward and pumps out a sub 60? I'm guessing Rocky.

Would love another week of information to decide.

McInerney -> Abbott is about the only thing I'm sure of at this point.
Trade 2 has to be getting Danger in, but for who and where!?

I quite literally have no other options. I don't get how to post images but my team is:

DEF: Laid, Lloyd, Yeo, Brayshaw, Whitfield, Simpson (Smith/Riordan)
MID: Titch, Jelly, Conig, Beams, Gibbs, Heppell, Zerrett, Zorko (Giro/Clarke)
RUCK: Grundy/Gawn (McInerney, Cameron)
FWD: Smith, McLean, Heeney, Billings, Rocky, Wingard (Ahern/Kerr)

I could be making my team worse each week at this point.

Who makes way for Macrae? I would guess Gibbs on form but maybe Zorko?

Gray out will pose question marks over Rocky/Wingard. Who moves forward and pumps out a sub 60? I'm guessing Rocky.

Would love another week of information to decide.

McInerney -> Abbott is about the only thing I'm sure of at this point.
Trade 2 has to be getting Danger in, but for who and where!?

Oh you have a full team of premos, that's completely different then!

I'd go Rocky to Danger then and either Gibbs, Jelly or Zork to Macrae based on how they go this week (Jelly has been down the last couple of weeks and isn't going as well as I'd hoped).

Rocky is definitely a consideration to go for me too, given that he could be playing forward a lot from here on out. With that said, Gray may only be out for a week, so it might be a bit reactionary. With who you have though, it would be either Billings or Rocky for mine.

Sorry about that. If I'd known you had a team full of premos, I would have most likely given different advice haha

Oh you have a full team of premos, that's completely different then!

I'd go Rocky to Danger then and either Gibbs, Jelly or Zork to Macrae based on how they go this week (Jelly has been down the last couple of weeks and isn't going as well as I'd hoped).

Rocky is definitely a consideration to go for me too, given that he could be playing forward a lot from here on out. With that said, Gray may only be out for a week, so it might be a bit reactionary. With who you have though, it would be either Billings or Rocky for mine.

Sorry about that. If I'd known you had a team full of premos, I would have most likely given different advice haha

No worries at all, thanks a lot for your advice. It puts my mind at ease as your comments are all identical to where my thoughts are at.

Dropping gibbs and keeping rocky right now does seem a bit rash so I'll reverse it and give Gibbs the extra week. He deserves it more than Rocky. Plus a week is a long time in DT. Injuries can always change my best laid plans next week and Id certainly rather Gibbs along for the ride over Rocky.

I was thinking similar on Jelly but im a bit more emotionally invested with him as Ive only had him for a month. Seems like a waste to change my mind that soon. But on numbers he's on the ropes with gibbs and zorko.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back