Trades Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't decide between Whitefield vs Hurn(+$82k) for my d6

Rest of my defence is Laird, Lloyd, Yeo, Brayshaw and Simpson

There is an English Premier League fantasy game where you get one wildcard, for unlimited trades for one week. Do you use it early (when prices are low - particularly for rookies), or hold for a week of carnage ??
Losing points for additional trades like in Premier League Fantasy would be an interesting idea also

First trade Sicily > Laird.

I'm After some advice on my second trade. Obviously Macrae/Danger/Grundy are on the radar but Macrae/Grundy still have some price to drop. 158k in the bank and pretty keen to cash in Gowers before he loses too much cash Screenshot_20180719-074410_Chrome.jpg

I'm After some advice on my second trade. Obviously Macrae/Danger/Grundy are on the radar but Macrae/Grundy still have some price to drop. 158k in the bank and pretty keen to cash in Gowers before he loses too much cashView attachment 529379

Nice team! And nice predicted score this week :)

Obviously D6 is an issue so I would consider Gowers downgrade this week, which gives you cash to upgrade AP or Lynch to a premium defender.
You have decent coverage so could be any 170k DPP rookie, or someone who is named this week. Would give you ~400k for an upgrade next week.

Obviously D6 is an issue so I would consider Gowers downgrade this week, which gives you cash to upgrade AP or Lynch to a premium defender.
You have decent coverage so could be any 170k DPP rookie, or someone who is named this week. Would give you ~400k for an upgrade next week.
I'm pretty sure that predicted score is a bit out of whack, but yes good plan to just pocket some cash! Also gives me the option if O'Riordan hits a 80-90 again to just keep him on field and double upgrade next week. I also like that it will give me an extra week of evidence of who to trade out of Wingard/Rocky to Danger. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that predicted score is a bit out of whack, but yes good plan to just pocket some cash! Also gives me the option if O'Riordan hits a 80-90 again to just keep him on field and double upgrade next week. I also like that it will give me an extra week of evidence of who to trade out of Wingard/Rocky to Danger. Thanks!

Good plan. Similar thoughts for me, especially with Gray potentially out. My leaning is that it will be Rocky that suffers, but maybe not, and maybe only one week anyway.

If Abbott is named I'll trade Gowers to him via Big O DPP

Sicily being out has thrown a small spanner at my team. I was planning on being able to complete my team next week, utilising a double down this week, but that will now have to wait.

Danger will come straight in for Sicily on the back of his 151.

Phillips and Curnow will be on the chopping block next couple of weeks if they don’t start showing some better form, which is what got them selected for the Lawbreakers after the byes. Their selections have ultimately cost me 250 pts, as I had intended on selecting Gaff and Cripps instead.

Im hoping that Danger can back up his recent form, and help me on my way to back up last rounds score of 2385.

Was look at some interesting stats for the premos I’ve traded in this year. 10/14 premos I’ve traded in this year have posted scores of 100+ with 5 of those being 120+ and 3 150+ all on debut. I am hoping that Danger can continue this trend.

Traded in players have combined for a post traded in avg:

Def: 104 avg – pass

Mid: 101 avg – fail (with Curnow 86 avg, and Phillips 96 avg, my biggest trade failures) not good enough when Mid uber premos are expected to avg 110+. Frustrating, considering had I of stuck to my guns and selected Gaff and Cripps instead, my Mid avg would be sitting around 110.

Fwds: 94 avg – half pass (Hoff with a 104 avg, but McLeans 92 avg on the back of 152 on debut isn’t good enough)

I'm After some advice on my second trade. Obviously Macrae/Danger/Grundy are on the radar but Macrae/Grundy still have some price to drop. 158k in the bank and pretty keen to cash in Gowers before he loses too much cashView attachment 529379
Haha that predicted score thing is counting the bench players too. Mine does that sometimes when it screws up. Had a predicted score of 2650 once

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one talked me out of Billings!
But I think I'll wait off the Richmond game, then consider him for the last 5 against GWS + four under the roof.

Luke Ryan is my latest experiment. Going along at just over 50% so far I would say:
Zorko, Gus Brayshaw big ticks
Wingard tick
de Goey, Burton cross

Rationale:
  • Well priced, under his true value (average 82, price 527k)
  • Hasn't missed a game as yet.
  • His four lowest scores (58, 47, 35, 51) all came in big losses to the Dockers, particularly on the road (GWS, Richmond, Brisbane, Melbourne). Only 2 away games from here on, against Essendon and Geelong - unlikely to get flogged in either.
  • 6 scores above 100, including 5 of the last 9. Mostly when playing at home - has 4 games in Perth left.
    • in particularly related to increased tackling. 10 tackles in first 7 games, 28 in the last 9 games.
    • 5+ marks in every game except for aforementioned Melbourne and BL games.

Teams pending, but thinking:

Sicily -> Luke Ryan
Walters -> Heeney

Which leaves me looking like (post-trades):
57k in the bank
Cia0Ahp.jpg

No one talked me out of Billings!
But I think I'll wait off the Richmond game, then consider him for the last 5 against GWS + four under the roof.

Luke Ryan is my latest experiment. Going along at just over 50% so far I would say:
Zorko, Gus Brayshaw big ticks
Wingard tick
de Goey, Burton cross

Rationale:
  • Well priced, under his true value (average 82, price 527k)
  • Hasn't missed a game as yet.
  • His four lowest scores (58, 47, 35, 51) all came in big losses to the Dockers, particularly on the road (GWS, Richmond, Brisbane, Melbourne). Only 2 away games from here on, against Essendon and Geelong - unlikely to get flogged in either.
  • 6 scores above 100, including 5 of the last 9. Mostly when playing at home - has 4 games in Perth left.
    • in particularly related to increased tackling. 10 tackles in first 7 games, 28 in the last 9 games.
    • 5+ marks in every game except for aforementioned Melbourne and BL games.

Teams pending, but thinking:

Sicily -> Luke Ryan
Walters -> Heeney

Which leaves me looking like (post-trades):
57k in the bank
Cia0Ahp.jpg
Billings is more balls than I have. Definitely some merit to it though.

Luke Ryan on the other hand... I am doing the exact same trade as you next week.
Sicily -> Ryan

4/6 at Optus. Can't see him going at under 90 even if he does stink it up in Geelong. He is dirt cheap and also one of my favourite players. I thoroughly approve :thumbsu:

Im gong Sloane, you cant stop me. Its genius. (Somebody stop me)
Why? You the big dog. Go Sloaney!

Thanks to Sicily JPK and Nic Nat, still going to be fielding two rookies. Out of the bunch who are the two to go for, Spargo, Ahern, Sier (if named...) and Giro. Don't plan on fielding L. Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back