Game Day Round 18 - WB v WCE - 28/7 @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Why, coz I'm not blaming the coach for the players not giving it their all this year? This aint swimming or an individual sport..this is a big team that all have to work together and put thier own effort into it every week, to say Woosha can't oach is just kneejerk idiotic.

I'm not saying he can't coach, I'm saying the club needs to move forward. Woosh is done. Time to move on.

Another vanilla game from our midfield General, Priddis.

I didn't mind him being shut down to 1 disposal in the 3rd quarter. Meant Ploddus couldn't turn the ball over and sell his team mates into trouble.

More and more astute football followers are finally realising that this man is a fraud.

How'd we go in the 3rd qtr. Oh thats right. the qtr we lost the game in. Most astute football followers know losing isn't ever the fault of one player.
Everyone knows Priddis ain't a worlbeater. How about you give it a rest.

Well since a coach can't influence our players.... might as well sack him? Why else if he there for? Is clueless on matchday.
I didn't say a coach doesn't influence them at all, don't go over the top..I said when the players are so insipid, tired, drained..whatever the guys are this year the coach only has limits to what he can actually do week after week to get them up. Theres a hell of alot of players with a hell of alot of different personalities and problems etc to deal with every week..he's only one man..they have to take the responsibility onto themselves too!
Blaming Woosha is a pissweak copout.

Why, coz I'm not blaming the coach for the players not giving it their all this year? This aint swimming or an individual sport..this is a big team that all have to work together and put thier own effort into it every week, to say Woosha can't oach is just kneejerk idiotic.
hes coaching is poor, never makes any gameday moves, should of brought hams and darling in the midfield for something different, hes too static and set in his ways

I'm not saying he can't coach, I'm saying the club needs to move forward. Woosh is done. Time to move on.
If he's done ok he's done. I reckon he's got the balls to know when he's done. I'll support him if he stays and support him if he goes..he deserves at least that.
I don't blame him for this year though.

The kick in that case from Brown? was a result of Priddis going backwards all the time by hand when we need penetration forward.
Nah twas a midfielder. Dinked it over the top, don't know which one, wasn't brown or a defender, had gone forward of them. Point is we **** around with it too much instead of going toward the 50.

I expect you are young, so I should be nice.

But if you really believe 2 uncompetitive finals efforts in 6 years is highly successful you're an idiot ...

And that's me being nice
Don't patronise me just because I'm not jumping on the 'Lets lynch Woosha this is his fault' mentality

You know..EVERY team has a down year every now and then..when the players just dont seem to have the right mindset and theres nothing you can do abut that except hope it doesnt last too long. We're not the first team to have a bad year and it we wont be the last. Good thing is, we generally dont stay down for long, we have a good ability to rebuild and get back on track without wallowing out of the 8 for 2 long. We are so successful that a year like this just seems unbelivable to most people and they get angry and vengeful but in reality, we are gonna have a bad year every now and then. This is it.
Wooshette we had that in 2010, 2011 was how we can really play, then last year and this year especially something is definitely lacking. It's not a case of a bunch of inexperienced players going round, its a case of wrong personnel in the middle. I don't know whether it is the coach to blame, but the club is not the one that was proud to pull on the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to have a vent, and I know there's a few of you, please head to the Autopsy thread to do that. We'll give you a bit more license to really go off this week, OK?

Thanks

Pathetic.. I can't even start to describe the shame... Seriously wtf? Another lose to an insignificant club, another shamble caused by being out coached by an inexperienced coach. Seriously Woosha **** you.

I didn't say a coach doesn't influence them at all, don't go over the top..I said when the players are so insipid, tired, drained..whatever the guys are this year the coach only has limits to what he can actually do week after week to get them up. Theres a hell of alot of players with a hell of alot of different personalities and problems etc to deal with every week..he's only one man..they have to take the responsibility onto themselves too!
Blaming Woosha is a pissweak copout.
Ross Lyon says hi

Wooshette we had that in 2010, 2011 was how we can really play, then last year and this year especially something is definitely lacking. It's not a case of a bunch of inexperienced players going round, its a case of wrong personnel in the middle. I don't know whether it is the coach to blame, but the club is not the one that was proud to pull on the wings.
I agree with all that..what disgusts me is the way people are so quick to blame Woosha for everything. The players have to cop the blame this year. I've said exactly that several times, this isnt a bunch of inexperienced young players who should need the coach to wipe their bums and give them lollies as rewards every week to get them up. They should be playing full on for themselves and their colours..and because thats why they get paid for.

28 touches by stevens in his 15th game.,

meanwhile swift casually plays at claremont and studies medicine.

ebert playing finals.

**** this is ****en sad
Thank Worsfold for loving Priddis, Adam Selwood etc **** he has no ****ing idea with players

If he's done ok he's done. I reckon he's got the balls to know when he's done. I'll support him if he stays and support him if he goes..he deserves at least that.
I don't blame him for this year though.

I think you're taking it all the wrong way. People want see change and the club needs change and people are frustrated. human nature. We all respect Woosh, I mean ffs the guy IS the west coast eagles. But every team needs to evolve, and people can see it won't under the current coaching panel.

This club needs to go back to its roots, a new fresh era. This great club needs to weed out the has beens, the have nots, find the passion and pride of putting on the west coast guernsey, not the ****ing vomit guernseys they have to wear and move forward.

That's what frustrates people, because it probably won't happen.

I agree with all that..what disgusts me is the way people are so quick to blame Woosha for everything. The players have to cop the blame this year. I've said exactly that several times, this isnt a bunch of inexperienced young players who should need the coach to wipe their bums and give them lollies as rewards every week to get them up. They should be playing full on for themselves and their colours..and because thats why they get paid for.
If Woosha stays, as Toshowyouwhy said in the RDP podcast we did, it would not be the worst thing. I'd build on that by saying it may be some different assistants, or a match committee shakeup needs to happen. Our strategy for this year hasn't worked, too small, too slow, too unskilled.
No point flogging senior players now, get some game into our depth so if we are injured next year then we have some experienced players that can fill spots.
Vale 2013.

This club ******* pisses me off, they say they're getting record profits yet every year the membership package gets cheaper (metal case to plastic pencil case). Then we get stuck wearing 2 of the worst jumpers in the league when we have one of the best designs in the league.

Also would have been nice if we gave more chances to Stevens instead of Swift (who showed nothing every chance he got).

Love this club but **** it pisses me off...

Edit: I think the jumper changes you talked about would have been perfect to bring in with that new breed slogan a few years ago.
I think we should draft a letter to the club and get folks to send it. I'm sure some people on the FGDB who aren't eagles supporters would love to help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 18 - WB v WCE - 28/7 @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back