Game Day Round 18 - WB v WCE - 28/7 @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, and its a bloody hard job it is is too..if the players can't be bothered. Woosha doesn't break walls and cry at pressers, but I'm sure he's as frustrated as anyone at the players lack of effort this year. But the mentality is always blame the coach..blame the coach sack the coach..I hope we are better than that and can lay blame where it should go this year..the players themselves.

I would generally agree with this sentiment but in our case you're way off the mark.

I understand your loyalty to Woosh, but he's not the man to take this club forward. If you can't see that then you lack an understanding of football.

There's always something you can do. Whether it is to get to know the player and find out why they are playing the way they are. Yes, he'd be at his wits end, but hell, he's getting paid a princely sum, so you'd expect some stress and pressure with that, surely? If it was that easy there'd be every one of us supporters putting our hands up to do the job.
Some of the blame must surely rest with the coach and coaching staff, which the head coach largely selects, I believe.
Holy Crap..if Woosh hasn't ridden out the pressure and the storms and shown he can lead the team through the darkest days them who has! Look at the Essendon debacle and the way thats being handled..it wasn't too long ago it was us in the news every week and in crisis. We held it together and recovered well and quickly. Why? Coz of one man who held it together and showed his leadership in the worst of times.
I'm not saying that Woosha is maybe not getting tired too and maybe his time is coming to an end. What I'm saying is he's only one man and he can only do so much if the players arn't into it. Whats the saying 'You cant help someone who doesn't want to help themselves'

I'm actually quite relieved our year is officially over. Puts us out of our misery.

yep.

Basically this. I can turn up to games now hoping for effort like in 2010.

I hope for the sake of the club that Worsfold doesnt re-sign with another 2-3 year contract. If he does it would be very selfish, and epitomize our club at the moment.

Yes, and its a bloody hard job it is is too..if the players can't be bothered.

Thats why he's one of the highest payed people at the club. If players do not want to toe the line, then they need a reality check in the WAFL or face a trade. Simple as that. All the evidence this year has pointed to the contrary. You also don't develop a winning culture by making terrible tactical decisions i.e. playing players out of form or in the wrong positions. Woosh has pretty much failed in all the key areas the coach is responsible for.

I would generally agree with this sentiment but in our case you're way off the mark.

I understand your loyalty to Woosh, but he's not the man to take this club forward. If you can't see that then you lack an understanding of football.
I haven't once said he's the man to push us forward have I? What I'm saying is I blame the players, for whatever reason they arn't into it this year and as much as I love Woosh, he's not a magician.

Anyway, I've celebrated three Premierships, I'm patient enough to wait for the fourth without screaming for blood. Whatever changes come I'll accept them.

Yes, and its a bloody hard job it is is too..if the players can't be bothered. Woosha doesn't break walls and cry at pressers, but I'm sure he's as frustrated as anyone at the players lack of effort this year. But the mentality is always blame the coach..blame the coach sack the coach..I hope we are better than that and can lay blame where it should go this year..the players themselves.

don`t take it so hard woosha`s frustration ended a few games ago when he realised wce wouldn`t be playing finals ..

This result didn't bother me. Our team is a mess. Has been all season and got even worse today. Injuries have killed us and to say you can't blame them is wrong. It is the reason. Sure our depth isn't fantastic and senior players have been off but so many guys had no base.
Naitanui
Shuey
Selwood
Wellingham
Waters
Kerr
Hurn
Lecras off a recon and broken arm
Nicoski
Embley
All extended time out. Some of those guys are now done but its time to sit back get ready for next season and hope for a 2011 run of luck.
Wilson carter lycett hutch all shown signs with more time they can play.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Still not close to contenders.

Not sure why you'd include players that are totally cooked injury and career wise.

I haven't once said he's the man to push us forward have I? What I'm saying is I blame the players, for whatever reason they arn't into it this year and as much as I love Woosh, he's not a magician.

Anyway, I've celebrated three Premierships, I'm patient enough to wait for the fourth without screaming for blood. Whatever changes come I'll accept them.

Fair post

But I should ignore that because the players "feel and think and make their own decisions" ... **** me, enjoy the arts degree.

Mate, not all of us arts c**ts think like that. :D

I thought today's performance was embarrassing, though not without effort and some exceptions.

I admire your support of the coach Wooshette but unfortunately Freo have shown what a good coach can do when the club has good structures, are well drilled and play to a game plan. They have had plenty of injuries this year and their second tier players have just stepped in and done the job. Our team keeps playing guys that are way past it, out of form or carrying injuries and it has cost us. .

I don`t give Lyon the credit for this team,it was set up by Harvey the Saints team that Lyon left would have still been the same struggling team this year if he had stayed ..

This is key point at the moment. There is a core group of 12-15 players that are good, but the club needs to analyse our weaknesses closely and start finding some players, whether that's through the draft, trade or free agency. Some might already be on the list, but they need to start getting opportunities to see what they can do.

It might mean hard decisions need to be made, but the list currently has too many players that are average or on their last legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blaming the players and saying they don't have the effort is a cop out. They can become disheartened and lack confidence but only after being beaten consistently and habitually after some seriously good efforts.

Tell me our games against Essendon, Fremantle and Sydney lacked effort.

We have injuries and some poor players for depth. The list problems, injury problems, game plan problems all belong in part to the coach. After a long time at the club we're in a pretty average shape, not in dire straights but we certainly aren't league leaders when it comes to football departments.

Not sure why you'd include players that are totally cooked injury and career wise.

Nope we arent but we would be a hell of a lot better.

Included them as they were up and about the past couple of seasons and people woukd have expected them to provide something. Plus the injury wise was kind of the whole point of the post

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I don`t give Lyon the credit for this team,it was set up by Harvey the Saints team that Lyon left would have still been the same struggling team this year if he had stayed ..

Its more the structures he put in place at Freo that allowed the no name first year players to come in and get the job done. I do agree that Harvey wasnt as bad as people made out, nor that Lyon probably would of struggled at St Kilda this year, but thats because he got too friendly with long term players like Woosh has at West Coast, but he did take that team to a GF or two, so he has some credit in the bank.

Blaming the players and saying they don't have the effort is a cop out. They can become disheartened and lack confidence but only after being beaten consistently and habitually after some seriously good efforts.

Tell me our games against Essendon, Fremantle and Sydney lacked effort.

We have injuries and some poor players for depth. The list problems, injury problems, game plan problems all belong in part to the coach. After a long time at the club we're in a pretty average shape, not in dire straights but we certainly aren't league leaders when it comes to football departments.
LOL. we're not Melbourne or Richmond! Thats just three games you've mentioned as having effort from us this year. You tell me that effort doesn't win games? Its ALL about effort, under any circumstances!
The coaches, the staff..everyone has to put in 100% effort if you want to make it to a Grand final..but most of all the players have to put in all their effort and all their heart every single week or no matter what you do it won't make an iota of difference. You can't manufacture the desire to win.

LOL. we're not Melbourne or Richmond! Thats just three games you've mentioned as having effort from us this year. You tell me that effort doesn't win games? Its ALL about effort, under any circumstances!
The coaches, the staff..everyone has to put in 100% effort if you want to make it to a Grand final..but most of all the players have to put in all their effort and all their heart every single week or no matter what you do it won't make an iota of difference. You can't manufacture the desire to win.

At the elite level it takes more than effort to win consistently. Coaches strategic moves especially during game day are what can make the difference between a win or a loss. This is where Worsfold is behind other coaches. We have all heard about him going on about effort but what about the coach being innovative and helping not only the team but also the players be better by implementing some strategies.

Just got home. Holy shit were we poor but the Dogs also have some turd's of player who got away with a lot. No chance of them actually handpassing either when a throw works just as well.

Geez some players looked so lazy and we front running at the times or just sitting of the contest in hope. :mad:

What you don't think he would have? You don't think he would be at his wits ends wondering what else he could do or say to get them up every week? He's only one man and he can't play for them..at the end of the day they have to want it and want it bad. Anyone who plays sport knows that if your hearts not in it, noone or nothing can make you get out there and play like you love it and desire it every week..it's got to come from within.

Worsfold has done all he can with this list, it's clear the players have tuned him out and it's time to bring someone else in to cut the dead loose and start over again, any additional years he gets from here will be a waste of players careers and benefits no one

Damn them.
It was very obvious as I was 3 seats back from the goals, and we showed no smart around the contest the Bullies moved the ball quickly, we had no answers or will to follow, WE are FLAT TRACK bullies
never chased them going the other way, I cant see how aprofessional team can be so badly coached
they simply don't listen to Woosha anymore.

Dale4captain comes on to throw you lot a bone and you shove it back in his face, you miserable bastards.
I thought West Coast showed a lot of good today, you look to have a real player in Lycett and Wilson showed some signs too. A few others looked cooked like Priddis and Cox but history suggests they'll bounce back.
Blaming the umpires is a pretty piss-poor excuse though, and ironic considering the unfair advantage you get at Subiaco. The Bulldogs were absolutely reamed in the first half because the umpires were continually sucked in by the head ducking and diving that seems so inherent in West Coast's game. Scott Selwood is the main perpetrator - that free inside attacking 50 was a disgrace, he threw his head back while being tackled around the waist.
By the way, thanks for Koby Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 18 - WB v WCE - 28/7 @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back