Review Round 19, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely happened yesterday at a centre bounce, the Swans players where waving their hands around that we only had 5 in the 50 meter arc, the umpires had a quick look and must have noted we only had 17 on and bounced the ball.
I noticed that too and wondered whether that's a zone violation but I assume if you're running with less players in a zone, you're handicapping yourself already so you can't be penalised.

So Could you hold 5 players off on the bench and then have them all sprint to the backline in a close game?
I think you get in trouble for not having one in the goal square but interesting idea to have 2 or 3 charge off the bench

I noticed that too and wondered whether that's a zone violation but I assume if you're running with less players in a zone, you're handicapping yourself already so you can't be penalised.
Thinking of the GC game, you'd be forcing teams to potentially send a seriously injured player back on to stand in the goal square if you can't start fewer players than required.

I remember GWS playing 17 for at least a quarter against Carlton a few years back, and even 16 for some time while an extra injury was getting triaged - requiring minimums in that scenario would've meant someone with a hamstring or ankle injury would have had to have come back on to field, and that smells massively like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Cornes and others calling for Hipwood's head over the "tunnel".

I've watched it several times and tried to get a read on the incident but it happens so quickly i can't really work out if it's "intentional" or an accident?.

Opinions?

EDIT: Just saw another angle on the Main Board and it looks pretty ugly.

Think Hippy might be doing some time for that.
Hippy is not a natural footballer and this incident proved it.

Was surprised it wasn't a free kick against but wondered if it was play on because it wasn't a marking contest.

The field umpire was 3 metres away and just put his arm up in a "whatever" type reaction

Brisbane v Sydney
9 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
7 Cameron Rayner (BL)
7 Errol Gulden (SYD)
5 Oscar McInerney (BL)
2 Dayne Zorko (BL)

Brisbane v Sydney
9 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
7 Cameron Rayner (BL)
7 Errol Gulden (SYD)
5 Oscar McInerney (BL)
2 Dayne Zorko (BL)

Clug - 5 and 4

Cam - 2 and 5 ?

Gulden 4 and 3 ?

Big O - 3 and 2

Zork - 1 and 1

Pretty sure that is the only possible combination of votes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Back