Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Cox and Howe are in, Schultz and Leggy out, give Reef a full game.

Time to get creative, i'd start Naicos on half back, move him around a bit, he's gonna get tagged and i'm sick of watching him getting held in the midfield. Would love to see Crisp in the midfield more, he plays his best in there.

Play Moore forward sooner, not 1 min to go in the 4th, see if he can get his mojo back.

If Pendles arm still isn't 100%, maybe make him the sub, can come on and make an instant impact.

Rotate players through the midfield, Naicos, Crisp, Long, DeGoey, Lippa, Pendles, Jaicos, even Reef, give him a taste.

Get creative Pies.
Pendles arm obviously isn’t 100%

They are just playing him for the fairytale 400th in front of 90,000 at the G

McStay surely has to come in after dusting off the cobwebs last week.

No one expects him to dominate but one hopes he can at least make the Hawthorn defence more accountable.

The difference in risk of injury between him playing AFL or 3/4 of a game at VFL level looks minimal.

If our season wasn't on the line last week then surely it is now.

Pull the trigger.

McStay surely has to come in after dusting off the cobwebs last week.

No one expects him to dominate but one hopes he can at least make the Hawthorn defence more accountable.

The difference in risk of injury between him playing AFL or 3/4 of a game at VFL level looks minimal.

If our season wasn't on the line last week then surely it is now.

Pull the trigger.
Four old rivals, a Grand Final replay and a Swans team ready to be taken down a notch in front of their Fans. Yum

The last two years suggests this Collingwood outfit likely has something left up its sleeve. Let the run begin👍🙏😀

Edit: replied to the wrong post 🥴

This may surprise people, but I think we might just win this.

Well it's the last roll of the dice, otherwise our season is actually done if we lose.
Surely we will change things up a bit in this match and not go in with the same setup and ideas expecting to get a different result. Fly needs to try a few things in this match.
Moore is drained of all confidence as a defender. With Howe back this Saturday, play Moore forward. Give him the freedom of not having to defend an opponent, and let him attack the ball in the air, as a forward.
If your going to diminish Crisps time in the midfield, play him off HB, and not as a HF like last Friday night. This move was a complete failure. He can run off HB, and play that attacking footy he is known for.
Let Jaicos attend more centre bounces. He wins it more than not when he is in there. I hate how they don't put him in at centre bounce regularly.
Can our players actually play a man on man defensive game, and not have our players defending grass!! Get rid of the zone...
If we go in with the same old, l will spew up!!!!

The media is giving us no chance to make the 8. Yes we're in a form slump, but we've got to beat Hawthorn, Carlton, Brisbane and Melbourne... what do those teams have in common? We've beaten them all this year! It's hardly mission impossible.

Plus the bottom four Richmond.
Four old rivals, a Grand Final replay and a Swans team ready to be taken down a notch in front of their Fans. Yum

The last two years suggests this Collingwood outfit likely has something left up its sleeve. Let the run begin👍🙏😀

Ok so now I’ve seen the injury report.
Ins: Cox, Howe and McStay (it’s not the time to ease people back, it’s literally now or start planning September holidays so Dan in.)

Out: Shultz and a top 10 draft pick 😞
Reef: no place with the 3 talls coming in
Oleg: not even close to his 23 form.

Lucky to still get a game HH he’s young and still working on his game but will be a solid player.
Lippa: plays a good game when it looks like he should be dropped.

Bobby Bobby Bobby, doesn’t deserve a game on form but he’s one of those enigmatic players. I’d give him time on ball especially in the centre ball ups where we got smashed. Maybe too small of frame against Day etc but need to get Bobby going somehow.

The good thing about playing the Dawks is there’s no real tall threats up forward for them so Moore might be let loose. If Chol kicks a bag then I’m totally going to lose my 💩 and ffs let’s not let Sicily get a million interceptions this time.

Pies by 24.

Yes I’m surprised too I have faith today, it might not last long and I have been on some powerful pain meds so it could be them talking but pies to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and even Fly's wife asked him why he didn't do it.

There was no answer publicly, but I reckon it was so we could keep tactics ala Frampton on Andrews, up our sleeve.
No it wasn’t. Frampton only played forward because McStay was injured. If McStay wasn’t injured, no Harris Andrews tag would be in place.

My only concern with playing Cox, Freddie & McStay is that we’ll need our forwards to bring that pressure. Something we haven’t been able to do for a few weeks now.

I think with having the 3 KPFs playing we can rotate them effectively to ensure we have aerial support in the forward line.

Hawks definitely have one of the shortest backlines in the league too. Scrimshaw & Frost at 194cms is their tallest defenders. We absolutely need to expose their lack of height.

We really really need to get the 4 points this Saturday

But we really really really need to put those smug Hawthorn supporters in their box

(I'm aware these outcomes are connected(

And the MCC Members is not a nice place to be when we play a cocky Hawthorn. It’s like a convention of current and former school captains from private schools in Boroondara.☹️

And the MCC Members is not a nice place to be when we play a cocky Hawthorn. It’s like a convention of current and former school captains from private schools in Boroondara.☹️
When Hawthorn win - esp a GF :( - their cocky supporters hang out of and mingle/ jostle in pubs and whine bars along Burwood Rd - it's beyond insufferable

My only concern with playing Cox, Freddie & McStay is that we’ll need our forwards to bring that pressure. Something we haven’t been able to do for a few weeks now.

I think with having the 3 KPFs playing we can rotate them effectively to ensure we have aerial support in the forward line.

Hawks definitely have one of the shortest backlines in the league too. Scrimshaw & Frost at 194cms is their tallest defenders. We absolutely need to expose their lack of height.
They have an exceptional system including their tall wingman and guys like Sicily Weddle and Scrimshaw which allows them to be one of the best interception defenses in the league. Bomb it long to them at your peril. Need to run it to half forward and then get in behind them. Like teams do to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back