Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon midfield just as vital. It is the reason that the ball is always going into defence much more than the opposition.
Absolutely. It is the midfield that is catastrophic.
When we have Pendles and Sidey attending the centre bounces, we know that our midfield future looks worse than grim.

The problem starts from the top. If the captain is the worst player every week it is not good role modelling.
Darcy Moore being way out of form obviously isnt helpful. But his lack of form can to a certain extent be explained by the total lack of pressure upfield from our catastrophically inferior midfield, which has enabled opposition teams to lay siege to our defence.

Darcy Moore being way out of form obviously isnt helpful. But his lack of form can to a certain extent be explained by the total lack of pressure upfield from our catastrophically inferior midfield, which has enabled opposition teams to lay siege to our defence.
Nah, dont buy it.
Darcy has been terrible all year and even last year was struggling.
Nathan Murphy retiring has killed the captains career.
Murphy made Moore look good.

We desper
Nah, dont buy it.
Darcy has been terrible all year and even last year was struggling.
Nathan Murphy retiring has killed the captains career.
Murphy made Moore look good.
Not sure you can make such a claim without considering the impact of having an AFL level midfield vs having a VFL level midfield.
The absence of a genuine, capable inside mid has in my mind been absolutely devastating to our game plan and structure. That, and the loss of Cox.

Maybe it's me but besides Moore ,Q is having a shocking year, he was so reliable the last two years and as for Noble no comment
Not sure about that, apart from the falling over, getting beaten one on one, fumbly hands, bad decision making, hacking the ball forwatd without looking and looking shell shocked, reckon Q's been pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pissed down all week and morning in Melbourne. Cold day ground won't dry.
Going in way too tall.
Mcstay and kreuger I'd take out and put macrae and bytel in.
Way to win in the wet is win it in tight kick to.space to let speedy players run on. Hill Elliot and jfn important today.
Also insane bringing mcstay in anyway after 40 mins and 7 months. Way different 40 mins at vfl to running a full game out at afl. Pray I'm wrong but I've seen this end in disaster plenty of times
Was entirely foreseeable.
Hawthorn went totally away from their game plan and preferred systwm and adapted to what was a wet day with very unusual melbourne conditions this week. Happens once a year. Collingwood refused to and paid the price

We were beaten by a better team and the Hawks if they make it could actually win the Premiership this year, they actually remind of the 1993 Essendon side.

Our bottom 7-8 players Noble, Markov, Long, Sullivan, Richards, Kreuger, McInness, Lipinski were all poor which is a worry and you can add in Hoskin-Elliott.

Not sure whether McCrae is partly to blame for this.

Going forward need to get games into McInness, Dean, Jiath, Parker and maybe DeMattia/Allan/Eyre.

The Schulz trade (and this is not a criticism of him as a player) potentially costs us a much needed top 6 pick and now a degraded 2nd rd pick.

Only positive was Mcstay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back