Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those pie fans who have not watched Hawks live this year , it will be an eye opener to see the size athleticism and quality of the likes of Day, CJ, Weddle, and co
Will highlight the big rebuild ahead of us

For those pie fans who have not watched Hawks live this year , it will be an eye opener to see the size athleticism and quality of the likes of Day, CJ, Weddle, and co
Will highlight the big rebuild ahead of us
Weddle and Day at 191cm and CJ at 185cm - none are an imposing size that will pose issues.

My only concern with playing Cox, Freddie & McStay is that we’ll need our forwards to bring that pressure. Something we haven’t been able to do for a few weeks now.

I think with having the 3 KPFs playing we can rotate them effectively to ensure we have aerial support in the forward line.

Hawks definitely have one of the shortest backlines in the league too. Scrimshaw & Frost at 194cms is their tallest defenders. We absolutely need to expose their lack of height.
I wouldn't play all three. It's two of the three.
So for me, it's Cox and McStay or Cox and Freddie if they want to give McStay another ressie game.

In addition to the two genuine talls (which would also be Cameron at times if Cox does more CB rucking), Elliott and WHE play tall.

I reckon this week, we can potentially have the best team on the park than we've been able to have for several weeks.

I wouldn't play all three. It's two of the three.
So for me, it's Cox and McStay or Cox and Freddie if they want to give McStay another ressie game.

In addition to the two genuine talls (which would also be Cameron at times if Cox does more CB rucking), Elliott and WHE play tall.

I reckon this week, we can potentially have the best team on the park than we've been able to have for several weeks.
If McStay and Cox play, I reckon freddy misses out

Mathematically it wouldn't be season over for the loser, but it's most likely season over. Agree it's an elimination final. Draw a line through the loser I think. NEED this win now.

I back us to do ok even from bottom half of the 8 but have to qualify and running out of runway now with so many tough games ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, I'm basically looking for some coaching changes.

1. Time to give youth sustained run, given we're done for the year. McInnis has to come in for the next 6 weeks. I'd also like to see some of the other under-25 players. Time to phase out over 30s gently and slowly.

2. Time to make changes in position. Daicos to half-back, Moore forward, some new players into the midfield -- time to learn what we have.

3. Depressing that Ginnivan has performed better than Shultz this year, with a 5-year age difference. So we basically gave away pick 7 for a net loss.

So, I'm basically looking for some coaching changes.

1. Time to give youth sustained run, given we're done for the year. McInnis has to come in for the next 6 weeks. I'd also like to see some of the other under-25 players. Time to phase out over 30s gently and slowly.

2. Time to make changes in position. Daicos to half-back, Moore forward, some new players into the midfield -- time to learn what we have.

3. Depressing that Ginnivan has performed better than Shultz this year, with a 5-year age difference. So we basically gave away pick 7 for a net loss.
Ginnivan has been better than Shultz this year …. Ok then….

If someone matched moleskins with boat shoes they would get thrown in front of the 69 Tram on Glenferrie.

Moleskins and RMs(that have never seen a farm)
Chinos and boat shoes(that have never seen a boat)

Knew I’d get the combination wrong.

Mathematically it wouldn't be season over for the loser, but it's most likely season over. Agree it's an elimination final. Draw a line through the loser I think. NEED this win now.

I back us to do ok even from bottom half of the 8 but have to qualify and running out of runway now with so many tough games ahead.

We have a horrible run home

Still have to play 3 of the top 4 teams, plus Melbourne.

You almost couldn't get a tougher fixture if you tried.

I hear lawn bowls and croquet is popular in the hilly leafy inner eastern suburbs.
Inner eastern suburbs are basically just leafy - although there are a few hilly things around Scotch College (good for 1st XVIII training).

The really hilly bits are in the outer eastern suburbs - think Cliff from Clematis

And..... who plays croquet now?

We have a horrible run home

Still have to play 3 of the top 4 teams, plus Melbourne.

You almost couldn't get a tougher fixture if you tried.

Should we do well during those challenging rounds, the team will be full of confidence come finals.

In the end, if we're good enough we'll beat the best sides. If not, I hope we go down hooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back