Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we do well during those challenging rounds, the team will be full of confidence come finals.

In the end, if we're good enough we'll beat the best sides. If not, I hope we go down hooking.
Beat them in the run home then clip their ears again in the finals - perfect đź‘Ť

Inner eastern suburbs are basically just leafy - although there are a few hilly things around Scotch College (good for 1st XVIII training).

The really hilly bits are in the outer eastern suburbs - think Cliff from Clematis

And..... who plays croquet now?

Warrandyte resident 🙋‍♂️.

One can call the outer East "hilly" much the same way one can refer to Antarctica as "chilly".

So, I'm basically looking for some coaching changes.

1. Time to give youth sustained run, given we're done for the year. McInnis has to come in for the next 6 weeks. I'd also like to see some of the other under-25 players. Time to phase out over 30s gently and slowly.

2. Time to make changes in position. Daicos to half-back, Moore forward, some new players into the midfield -- time to learn what we have.

3. Depressing that Ginnivan has performed better than Shultz this year, with a 5-year age difference. So we basically gave away pick 7 for a net loss.
go and check the pressure difference as the other "stats" are pretty even, but shcultz is only 150% v better on pressure

Does that make Warrandyte residents "chilly hillbillies"?

In a world full of Tyrells, we're the few remaining Starks.

1. Time to give youth sustained run, given we're done for the year. McInnis has to come in for the next 6 weeks. I'd also like to see some of the other under-25 players. Time to phase out over 30s gently and slowly.

2. Time to make changes in position. Daicos to half-back, Moore forward, some new players into the midfield -- time to learn what we have.

3. Depressing that Ginnivan has performed better than Shultz this year, with a 5-year age difference. So we basically gave away pick 7 for a net loss.
How has Ginnivan performed better?

If McStay and Cox play, I reckon freddy misses out

It's unfair on McStay to throw him in this week and hope he performs at a senior level. Just my 2c.

In hindsight we gave up too much for Schultz but comparing him to Ginnivan is doing him a disservice.

They're not similar players. Ginni just can't do what Schultz can in terms of defensive pressure or covering ground.

Whenever people start romanticising Ginni, I will just remind them of the Grand Final, plus he would have had even less opportunity to do well in Collingwood's forward line this year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In hindsight we gave up too much for Schultz but comparing him to Ginnivan is doing him a disservice.

They're not similar players. Ginni just can't do what Schultz can in terms of defensive pressure or covering ground.

Whenever people start romanticising Ginni, I will just remind them of the Grand Final, plus he would have had even less opportunity to do well in Collingwood's forward line this year.
Funny thing jathanas - I do exactly the same thing, Ginni's GF performance was so poor and I'm sure that Shultz in the same situation as Ginni would have performed much better.

Funny thing jathanas - I do exactly the same thing, Ginni's GF performance was so poor and I'm sure that Shultz in the same situation as Ginni would have performed much better.
Agree - and the romantics forget he was a shadow of his 2022 season in 2023.
Schultz is by far a more complete player.

If we’re rolling the dice then McStay plays.
Probably Cox foo.
If nothing else to allow us to get structure and play a territory based game as opposed to the way we have been playing based on our personnel issues

People need to temper their expectations on Cox. He was in poor form prior to injury.

Kreuger has actually had more impact up forward than Cox in 2024. Cox at 211cm 110kg will naturally have the edge in the ruck.

We need Cox to get the ball to win/breakeven in the midfield so we can actually get the ball forward.

Freddie kicked some very cheapie goals against Essendon which inflated his impact.

People need to temper their expectations on Cox. He was in poor form prior to injury.

Kreuger has actually had more impact up forward than Cox in 2024. Cox at 211cm 110kg will naturally have the edge in the ruck.

Winning Ruck contests and getting first use far outweighs any advantage of Kreuger playing fwd IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back