Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to win 4 games plus get percentage boost to have a chance to play finals. This week is a must win against a side we always struggle against. We MUST not allow team to get so many uncontested Marks and Possessions otherwise we will not win. Bringing McStay and Cox in will help with giving us a marking option going forward but if we can find a way to get the ball in there more it wont matter who is there.

Out Shultz, Reef, Frampton
In Cox, Mcstay, Howe
Sub Markov or HH

If they don't bring McStay in then Frampton stays in and Howe forward. ( would love to try Moore forward if he isnt going well down back )

Yes mate. He said it last night on Talking Footy. I don't think he's going to miss this week, just that it's an ongoing issue

The guy has been playing restricted.

I hope the posters taking potshots at his perceived lack of effort, some of which were also suggesting the club trades him, feel fkng stupid. They won't though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel McStay might need another 'mamaged' run before coming back in. I am also a no on Cox coming straight back in.

Sullivan might get a call up. Long might play the McCreery role this week.

Howe back. Schultz out, Leggy out,

Reefe out, not going to make it for mine, nor is McRae.
Reef McInnes - jury still out for me, encouraged by some of his run through the centre and physicality in last week's VFL game
Craig McRae - he's played in three winning premierships and won a flag in his 2nd year as an AFL Senior Coach - reckon he's made it
Fin Macrae - jury still out for me, not encouraged by him inability to tidy up his disposal by foot - misses too many kicks for an AFL level mid-fielder. For me, one thing that sets the elite from the ordinary is that the elite do the basics extremely well.

Reef McInnes - jury still out for me, encouraged by some of his run through the centre and physicality in last week's VFL game
Craig McRae - he's played in three winning premierships and won a flag in his 2nd year as an AFL Senior Coach - reckon he's made it
Fin Macrae - jury still out for me, not encouraged by him inability to tidy up his disposal by foot - misses too many kicks for an AFL level mid-fielder. For me, one thing that sets the elite from the ordinary is that the elite do the basics extremely well.

I don't see Fin shining as a mid at senior level for the Pies either. Hope he proves us both wrong.

It's even better than my hopium scenario from the start of the year!

My long shot/hopium McStay scenario:

- Ready to return to normal/full training in May (which is essentially 6 months from when he did the injury given he did it at the start of December)

• Spends June conditioning for a return to play
  • Spends July playing VFL
  • Comes back to AFL in August

Gives him a full month lead-in for finals

Wouldn't mind seeing McStay, Krueger and Cox up forward. Krueger is pretty quick and can apply good pressure for a bigger forward.

INS: McStay, Howe, Cox
OUTS: Schultz (inj), Markov, Long/McInnes

B - Quaynor Frampton Howe
HB - Maynard Moore Noble
C - J.Daicos N.Daicos Sidebottom
HF - DeGoey Krueger WHE
F - Elliott McStay Hill
R - Cameron Crisp Pendlebury
INT - Cox Lipinski Richards McInnes/Long
SUB - Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.