Game Day Round 2, 2023: Swans v Hawks, SCG 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There’s no connection and their players seem to not know where each other should run or where they are going to run. Lack of confidence and lack of system.
The video of Sam addressing the players earlier int the year and discussing relationships is telling. He asked Punky how many games he played with Gunner and I think Punky said about 180. We have a whole bunch of new players (and not necessarily just the new draftees) having to learn how their team mates move, what foot they kick on, running patterns etc. so it's no wonder that we look like a rabble compared to a well drilled team like the Swans. We will be doing this for a few years until we build a system of players who have played together a while. I notice that Jack Gunston's team mates are also having to learn his patterns and they are an experienced team. It's not going to be painless but we have to just keep putting games into the guys and perfect a game plan.

Having said that, Impey is costing us and CJ seems to have lost his electricity..

Watching Logan McDonald in the seniors and DGB at Box Hill makes me wonder whether winning those late games in the season that these two guys were drafted were really worth it.

So who is there? I named 3… and asked what other options there are?! Dont quote the results, give me names.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Literally anyone who is on the list - that's why it's a playing list. I gave names last week and was told we wouldn't make wholesale changes - I suppose we still shouldn't because we have no other players good enough to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was super critical of Clarkos ultra defensive gamestyle his last 5 years at the club but I have a sinking feeling that he actually knew how stinky our list actually was and played accordingly 😬

I'm also worried that some here think it's a fait accompli that if we bottom out / get lots of draft picks we will rocket back up the ladder again in a few years time. Plenty of teams have tried that tactic and f....d it up big time.

In fact I don't think any other teams apart from us are currently attempting the old bottom out strategy?

Stop posting crap, please.

No players at Box Hill have been bashing the door down, least of all the ones you keep mentioning.
Bashing the door down? We have 21 points with 9 minutes to play. Scrimshaw shouldn’t be in the reserves DGB should be playing. No one’s been knocking the door down he says. That’s good teams approach. You play like this you make changes. If you think otherwise you’re a moron. They said we won’t be gifting players a game, well that’s rubbish because this is literally gifting players a game.

The is the 3rd time today bj has been indignant about a decision our way.

I can't hate him, he wears his bias on his sleeve so blatantly that it's quite funny

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I was super critical of Clarkos ultra defensive gamestyle his last 5 years at the club but I have a sinking feeling that he actually knew how stinky our list actually was and played accordingly 😬

I'm also worried that some here think it's a fait accompli that if we bottom out / get lots of draft picks we will rocket back up the ladder again in a few years time. Plenty of teams have tried that tactic and f....d it up big time.

In fact I don't think any other teams apart from us are currently attempting the old bottom out strategy?

North cut deeper than us. Looks like it's starting to pay off some dividends.

Brisbane ditto.

Literally anyone who is on the list - that's why it's a playing list. I gave names last week and was told we wouldn't make wholesale changes - I suppose we still shouldn't because we have no other players good enough to play.

Well for a start the post I originally quoted said we need to bring in some more experience. So maybe you’ve responded without even taking on context…

Sure we could try any of the kids you’ve been unwilling to name. No drama.

That wasn’t really what I was responding to though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back