Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 7+

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like McKenna will get his wish to play forward which I’m not keen on. For mine if he’s not gonna play HBF he should be trialled as a mid because he’s so damaging ball in hand.

Looks like McKenna will get his wish to play forward which I’m not keen on. For mine if he’s not gonna play HBF he should be trialled as a mid because he’s so damaging ball in hand.

Nah. Forward is his go.

Applys pressure and the risk part of his high risk/reward style is mitigated alittle.

Forward primarily with bursts through the midfield.

The 2016 Grand Final was one of the only Grand Finals in recent memory where the umpires played a large role in the result. The AFL have had it out for the Swans since 2014 when we signed Buddy from under GWS's noses.

I wouldn’t take much notice. It seems our games are consistently close and often marred by contentious umpiring decisions that have gone both ways.

The 2016 Grand Final was one of the only Grand Finals in recent memory where the umpires played a large role in the result. The AFL have had it out for the Swans since 2014 when we signed Buddy from under GWS's noses.

boyds kicked the goal

If Redman isn't fit, I'd bring Mckenna in (provided he is) to play off half-back, Ham to replace Fanta as fwd/wing and Moz to come in for Walla.

I wouldn’t take much notice. It seems our games are consistently close and often marred by contentious umpiring decisions that have gone both ways.

I still remember that game years ago at the SCG where Essendon kicked the winning goal in the dying seconds but on replay the Essendon player clearly ran with the ball over the boundary line. That annoyed me at the time :p

I still remember that game years ago at the SCG where Essendon kicked the winning goal in the dying seconds but on replay the Essendon player clearly ran with the ball over the boundary line. That annoyed me at the time :p

Dempsey playing on, Goodes missing after siren, Rampe climbing the goal post, missed Stanton in the back the list goes on

Any chance of Hibberd being selected to play that role this week? Kicked 3 goals playing High half forward /mid in the Intra the other day...

Any chance of Hibberd being selected to play that role this week? Kicked 3 goals playing High half forward /mid in the Intra the other day...

Not really the same role.

I expect if Hibberd gets picked it’ll either be as an inside mid or in a similar role to Langford. Given Heppell looks fit I’d say Hibberd is unlikely to be selected.

Pretty much ruined hanneberys career with an illegal slide into his knee and he didnt even get a free kick.

Dempsey playing on, Goodes missing after siren, Rampe climbing the goal post, missed Stanton in the back the list goes on

And if you go back further the HUGE behind. The odd thing is despite Sydney and Essendon having quite a lot of very close games and controversies over the years I don't actually feel much of a rivalry with Essendon. I would much rather the Swans crush West Coast or Hawthorn. I am sure you guys feel similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if you go back further the HUGE behind. The odd thing is despite Sydney and Essendon having quite a lot of very close games and controversies over the years I don't actually feel much of a rivalry with Essendon. I would much rather the Swans crush West Coast or Hawthorn. I am sure you guys feel similar.
Not me. I hate Sydney.

It would probably burn a bit more for you if you'd happened to get the shit end of the stick more often than you have of late but you're right, there is no 'rivalry'.

Yean we were hopeful but we came up a Little short of crushing West Coast

Who are you tipping Sunday?

Yean we were hopeful but we came up a Little short of crushing West Coast

Who are you tipping Sunday?

Super tough one. I like to think Sydney but I suspect that prediction is mostly because I want Sydney to win. I am worried as while our game against Adelaide was much better than 2019 in terms of the way the Swans played, with seemingly a lot more attack, there was still the case where in the 4th quarter Sydney were terrible and almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think it comes down to Papley and Heeney as those are the two capable of kicking bags of goals. Blakey and McCartin can kick 1 or 2 goals a game, but neither will likely kick more than that at this point in their careers.

Super tough one. I like to think Sydney but I suspect that prediction is mostly because I want Sydney to win. I am worried as while our game against Adelaide was much better than 2019 in terms of the way the Swans played, with seemingly a lot more attack, there was still the case where in the 4th quarter Sydney were terrible and almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think it comes down to Papley and Heeney as those are the two capable of kicking bags of goals. Blakey and McCartin can kick 1 or 2 goals a game, but neither will likely kick more than that at this point in their careers.

It’s a real 50-50 game for me. Impossible to gauge how good sides are with even less of a form guide than a normal start of season.

It’s a real 50-50 game for me. Impossible to gauge how good sides are with even less of a form guide than a normal start of season.

One thing that really helps the Swans compared to 2019 is Naismith. We had the worst midfield in 2019, even allowing Gold Coast and Carlton to bully us, but having Naismith helps a huge amount as it finally means we can break even with the taps. In 2019 we lost in the ruck every week, and it made it hard for the midfield to get on the front foot when they were trying to play knowing the oppositions ruck was going to get his hand on the ball first.

I still don't rate our midfield much, but having Naismith helps a lot.

I think we should be moderate favourites going into the game. We have a slight edge over Sydney defensively but your forward line still looks well balanced on paper (we should also have an edge in the middle but we aren't known to ever really doninate anyone there)

Are you expecting any of your 2019 draft pics to debut?

I think we should be slight favourites going into the game. We have a slight edge over Sydney defensively but your forward line still looks well balanced on paper (we should also have an edge in the middle but we aren't known to ever really doninate anyone there)

Are you expecting any of your 2019 draft pics to debut?

To answer the last question I highly doubt it. I want Gould in the team but I would be surprised if Longmire plays either Gould or Stephens with no real exposed form.

Don't forget BJ's buggered kickout soon to be followed by Gazza Rohan grabbing Gleeson and throwing him to one side to mark and kick the winning goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back