Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 7+

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget BJ's buggered kickout soon to be followed by Gazza Rohan grabbing Gleeson and throwing him to one side to mark and kick the winning goal.

Clearest holding the man free kick I've ever seen. I've never seen that motion not paid. Gets paid against Tom Hawkins pretty regularly.

Went into round one with no tall forwards, though that's less of an issue for round 2, so now we are down on small forward options if Snelling isn't fit - In 2019 we tended to receive injuries to similar styles of players - The only area unaffected in the last two years is the midfield.

This is quickly evolving into another game like round 1 where we hope to just get over the line so we can get some more players back. As usual our forward line is loaded with injuries. No wonder we can never develop any type of synergy with the delivery into our forward 50, we are always missing multiple players in that section of the ground.

Its especially frustrating since there hasn't been any real games in the last 3 months for them to get injured in. Its just been slow recoveries and injuries at training.

I guess my only positive is that Ham should get a game now - even if it is as a forward. I really reckon the club should look seriously at a bloke like Zaka as a small forward too. Unlike defense we could actually use some leadership down there.

The frustration is the injuries are predominantly in the one area of the field.

Sack Crow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The frustration is the injuries are predominantly in the one area of the field.

Sack Crow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably says a lot about the kind of players we've got up there.

Fantasia, McKernan, Daniher & Stewart are pretty much known injury-prone players these days.

Mosquito has also had a few problems, I guess young lightly built speedy types are fairly high risk in general.

Tipungwuti has been reasonably durable at least.

B: Francis - Hurley - Saad
HB: Ridley - Hooker - Redman
C: Langford - McGrath - Parish
HF: Smith - McKernan - Zaharakis
F: Townsend - Stringer - Laverde
R: Bellchambers - Shiel - Merrett
I: Guelfi - McKenna - Cutler - Hibberd

I've left out Fantasia, Heppell, Tippa and Snelling with injury.

Same old logjam in the backline re BZT, Ambrose and Gleeson.

Tippa is injured?

Not quite sure where he fits, but Ambrose on Heeney makes way too much sense. Can just follow him around all afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially drop Hibberd off the bench, though without Heppell that leaves us without a bigger midfielder. Similar to R1 I suppose. They seem to like Guelfi in, and McKenna / Cutler don't make sense to drop.

They're all fairly versatile which is what I think plays in Guelfi's favour in particular. I've always been really interested in Ambrose's ability to play on the ball which would be a huge asset for the side as you could throw him anywhere. He can definitely run with any player in the league, I just wonder if he could offer anything at all offensively.

Think it's pretty much confirmed Heppell will play.

Especially with Tippa and Snelling out, Smith and possibly Parish will play forward you'd think.

I've always been really interested in Ambrose's ability to play on the ball which would be a huge asset for the side as you could throw him anywhere. He can definitely run with any player in the league, I just wonder if he could offer anything at all offensively.

I don't believe he does; he's a strong defensive player but doesn't have the ability by hand or foot to open up play.

Whether he'd read the play well enough to be anything more than a stopper through the middle is questionable, he works as a defender because it's an accountable role where the play comes to him and he can follow a KPF around for the afternoon. A hard tag on a Fyfe works for similar reasons, but I think Clarke offered more in that role as he's a more natural midfielder who can read the play well enough to sag off and get involved.

Ambrose worked on Fyfe because Fyfe is so big and strong overhead without being super quick, he'd probably be OK on Cripps, but would struggle on a Martin or Dangerfield type is my guess.

If we can get a Clarke or Hibberd type to play as that defensive midfielder who can read the play to be involved in offensive chains, whilst limiting the oppositions best mid, or opening space for your Shiel or Merrett type's, then that would be ideal.

I hope not, we need to tread very carefully with that foot, no pun intended.

Which pretty much guarantees he'll play, I guess.
Hopefully things have changed with the fitness department this year and he's only be cleared if he's actually right to play... Very optimistic thinking I know

Not necessarily my preferred 22 but this is what I think they will go with. (Daniher, Fantasia and Tippa injured)
B: Francis - Hooker - Saad
HB: Redman - Hurley - Ridley
C: Heppell - McGrath - Cutler
HF: Smith - Stringer - Snelling
F: Laverde - McKernan - Townsend
I/C: Parish - Langford - Ambrose - McKenna

Looks like Naismith in doubt and no Knoll. Leaves Sinclair and Allir I guess.

I’d go taller up forward and stretch them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back