• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their forward line probably lines up as:

Hayward - Blakey - Gray
McCartin - Heeney - Papley

So I'd put Ambrose on Heeney, Hurley on Blakey, Ridley on Hayward, Francis on McCartin, Saad on Papley and Redman on Gray as the primary match ups. If Hooker plays back we put him on McCartin.

Ambrose on Blakey for me, Blakey caused some problems last time we played at the G. Don’t think Heeney will play deep forward
I'd be shocked if he didn't after his performance there against Adelaide and the improvement of Florent on the ball.

Extra 2 on the bench could be helpful. Means 2 rucks are viable and another midfielder.

7 def/9 mid/6 for/2 ruck

Their forward line probably lines up as:

Hayward - Blakey - Gray
McCartin - Heeney - Papley

So I'd put Ambrose on Heeney, Hurley on Blakey, Ridley on Hayward, Francis on McCartin, Saad on Papley and Redman on Gray as the primary match ups. If Hooker plays back we put him on McCartin.

Would be very tempted to play Hooker back as he could really dominate in the air.

They'd be confident about pumping the ball in long and not conceding marks against that defence otherwise.

Sydney's up and coming forward line looks very good. If they have nailed their midfield picks from the last draft they will soon be well on the way back into the 8 for a sustained tilt.

Would be very tempted to play Hooker back as he could really dominate in the air.

They'd be confident about pumping the ball in long and not conceding marks against that defence otherwise.
Francis, Ridley and Gleeson?

Bellchambers will be happy with this although I always felt we had an advantage in the Mckernan vs opposition second ruck that we lose now.
Half the teams played 2 genuine rucks anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way. Brisbane, Freo, Hawthorn, Richmond sometimes, St Kilda and the Eagles. 5.5 isn’t anywhere near half the comp

I also like what Mckernan gives us in the ruck with his follow up.
Richmond do. Port do. Freo do. That's 8.

Can Townsend apply a forward tag on Alir? Don't let him dictate in the air? Cause you know our mids love a long bomb.

Not sure Townsend has the height to do that, Aliir is a hypermobile KPD / Ruck that is ~ 3 inches taller with a fantastic vertical leap. Townsend is good in a wrestle against a mid-sized defender.

Better off coming in low and forcing a seagull like Lloyd to try to defend instead of racking up loose possessions playing off the taller guys intercepting.

Not sure Townsend has the height to do that, Aliir is a hypermobile KPD / Ruck that is ~ 3 inches taller with a fantastic vertical leap. Townsend is good in a wrestle against a mid-sized defender.

Better off coming in low and forcing a seagull like Lloyd to try to defend instead of racking up loose possessions playing off the taller guys intercepting.

Perhaps, Just need someone to take Alir's run to the ball away from him, just think Townsend would relish being that annoying bloke. Whoever is on Alir needs to be aware where he is as he can win the game from the back half, super player.

Perhaps, Just need someone to take Alir's run to the ball away from him, just think Townsend would relish being that annoying bloke. Whoever is on Alir needs to be aware where he is as he can win the game from the back half, super player.

You're right though, unless we actively play someone on Aliir we will definitely kick high and long to him all evening long, so better off to try Townsend on him and see what happens at least!

Sydney's up and coming forward line looks very good. If they have nailed their midfield picks from the last draft they will soon be well on the way back into the 8 for a sustained tilt.

It may be true but I think you listen to your swans friends way too much.

It may be true but I think you listen to your swans friends way too much.
I don't really have Swans friends (that know anything about their workings) i have some Essendon supporting friends who may know a bit.

Anyone can have a look at their modern record though, plus.their recruiting structure and see for themselves the level of investment.
Ross Monaghan overseeing everything as well as future drafts, Kinnear Beatson on List strategy. Dalyrmple brought accross after putting a premiership list together at the dogs to run the recruitment. At the same time they got in data analyst (Keane) from GWS (he may be gone now due to cut backs - as many are). Thats a fair amount of modern success in recruiting there.

I'd add in Harley who's a very canny footballers CEO plus an Academy producing talent.

The Swans seem to know where to invest to stay competitive. I've said it before on here - they are every chance to leapfrog us into contention (again).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back