Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Giving one of my "unique" picks in Doughty the flick before his price plummets for Beau Waters.
Unsure on Luke Ball at the moment. Considering McKenzie/Howlett or going the other way & getting Kornes. Or maybe just stick fat?

I'm scoring pretty high atm (overall ranking: 622) but made 2 trades anyway and now i'm thinking i pulled the trigger a little early.

These are the trades i made

J Hunt - A Silvagni

J Ziebell - J Brown

Atm i figured i'd make a little cash from silvagni and it frees up enough to upgrade ziebell to Brown but now i think i jumped the gun... Thoughts?

I don't think they're terrible trades. If you have good bench cover and you don't run into trade trouble later in the season then it's probably a good decision. No risk no reward.

Atm i figured i'd make a little cash from silvagni and it frees up enough to upgrade ziebell to Brown but now i think i jumped the gun... Thoughts?

You certainly jumped the gun in your timing of the trades. It's really better to make the trades once the teams are announced.

Tippett to Ballantyne or Hall to Ballantyne? Im thinking Tippett because he is turning me off with his disgraceful performances along with his disgraceful team. Even when he is in the ruck, you can only expect +1s from him and up forward that hack midfield cant get the ball to him, talk about a breakout year -_-

Tippett to Ballantyne or Hall to Ballantyne? Im thinking Tippett because he is turning me off with his disgraceful performances along with his disgraceful team. Even when he is in the ruck, you can only expect +1s from him and up forward that hack midfield cant get the ball to him, talk about a breakout year -_-

It's hard to tell. I would most likely agree with you get trid of Tippett. although at the moment Hall is being double teamed, I was initially going to trade Tippett, but now I think I will just tough it out...fingers crossed.

Also what are your guys thoughts of Gray? Will he be back this week, I've read he is going to have a fitness test but don''t like the sound of it. If his not named should I go Gray to Ballantyne? Thoughts???

Cheers

Thanks mate :) a little weight off the shoulders. The only bench trouble i have is with Rockliffe and Lobbe... Though Rockliffe is likely to get a game this week with 40 possies and 5 goals in the reserves and brennan out... Lobbe will get a game eventually and i will keep him for a cash cow later in the season :)

Duncan or Peterson... Duncan or Peterson... Duncan or Peterson... You get my drift.

At the moment leaning towards Peterson because I think the Hawks longer injury list should help him retain his spot for at least the next 2 weeks. After that though, guys like Burgoyne, Sewell and Young will be back from injury and Shiels and Osbourne will be back from suspension. Ideally, I want him to play at least another 4 games so I can get the maximum benefit from his low BE.

On the other hand Duncan seems to be playing great football for a first year player and in a strong cats side will never get much attention. Playing on the half forward flank he can also be a link man which is great for DT. His spot will be fine for this week with Mooney, Motlop and Scarlett all out, but Mooney and Scarlett will be back in the following week along with Rooke I assume. Varcoe and Stokes are still about 5 weeks away though so maybe he will be able to scrape through and remain in the team until then?

Love to hear someone elses opinion on these two and their job security!

Duncan or Peterson... Duncan or Peterson... Duncan or Peterson... You get my drift.

At the moment leaning towards Peterson because I think the Hawks longer injury list should help him retain his spot for at least the next 2 weeks. After that though, guys like Burgoyne, Sewell and Young will be back from injury and Shiels and Osbourne will be back from suspension. Ideally, I want him to play at least another 4 games so I can get the maximum benefit from his low BE.

On the other hand Duncan seems to be playing great football for a first year player and in a strong cats side will never get much attention. Playing on the half forward flank he can also be a link man which is great for DT. His spot will be fine for this week with Mooney, Motlop and Scarlett all out, but Mooney and Scarlett will be back in the following week along with Rooke I assume. Varcoe and Stokes are still about 5 weeks away though so maybe he will be able to scrape through and remain in the team until then?

Duncan is probably the safer better, while job security is probably much of a muchness Peterson is at risk of hamstring injuries which apparently have followed him most of his career.

That said he'll score better than Duncan and if you're looking at getting rid of him around rounds 6 or 7 to pickup say Harvey he maybe a better option.

Duncan is probably the safer better, while job security is probably much of a muchness Peterson is at risk of hamstring injuries which apparently have followed him most of his career.

That said he'll score better than Duncan and if you're looking at getting rid of him around rounds 6 or 7 to pickup say Harvey he maybe a better option.

Yeah I'm looking to offload him as soon as he's reached his peak in price, probably somewhere between round 6-8 depending on how he scores. Ideally, would trade him down to another rookie who has just started playing and also use cash from another cow to pick up Chapman or Brown

It's hard to tell. I would most likely agree with you get trid of Tippett. although at the moment Hall is being double teamed, I was initially going to trade Tippett, but now I think I will just tough it out...fingers crossed.

Also what are your guys thoughts of Gray? Will he be back this week, I've read he is going to have a fitness test but don''t like the sound of it. If his not named should I go Gray to Ballantyne? Thoughts???

Cheers

Im in the same boat with Gray, im really worried about how well his body will hold up through the season. Thinking maybe just cutting my losses now and Ballantyne certainly looks the goods.

i would go with peterson. both look to be delicious!! prospects but you would think peterson has a bit better job security.

im thinking about offing ball for a rook. that would mean im starting 3 rooks but not too concerned as most people seem to be doing that. im just confused as to who i should trade ball for (already have barlow,shuey, bastinac, martin)

so for me its either
trengove
jetta
howlett

price is indicative of risk with these 3 dudes. can howlett last long enough to bump his price up 150k? that is the question.

with the spare cash would then go wright (why the ****..i know) to higgo or SJ or someone.

thoughts?

I am contemplating getting rid of Goodwin this week. Has been average to say the least and now looks as if he might miss 1 - 2 weeks. What are people's thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would go with peterson. both look to be delicious!! prospects but you would think peterson has a bit better job security.

im thinking about offing ball for a rook. that would mean im starting 3 rooks but not too concerned as most people seem to be doing that. im just confused as to who i should trade ball for (already have barlow,shuey, bastinac, martin)

so for me its either
trengove
jetta
howlett

price is indicative of risk with these 3 dudes. can howlett last long enough to bump his price up 150k? that is the question.

with the spare cash would then go wright (why the ****..i know) to higgo or SJ or someone.

thoughts?

Tell me about it...

I'm just trying to decide if the trade is worth it. At worst, as long as Wright plays, he will maintain his price there or thereabouts given his current average. Having said that, he has been absolutely hopeless the first two weeks so it isn't unreasonable to expect that he could improve his performance up to 60-65. If he does this, Peterson will only really make me an extra 60K at best. So the net result will be an extra 100K from trading down to Peterson plus around 150K when Peterson hits his peak = 250K. Then I will still have to burn another trade on another cow to have enough money to upgrade Peterson to a Didak/Chapman/Brown, depending on how they all go in the next few rounds of course. Grand total of 3 trades burnt.

If I keep Wright and get a best case scenario of him maintaining his spot in the side and actually pulling his digit out and doing something, he might be able to increase his value to 250K. Then I could trade out either Martin, Bastinac or Trengove hopefully with a profit of about 170K by which time one of the previously mentioned forwards would be down to around 420K.

The more I look into it the more logical it seems to just bide my time and take some short term pain for a long term gain. I could switch either Gumby or Pods if he plays this week onto the field. Hmmm.....

I am contemplating getting rid of Goodwin this week. Has been average to say the least and now looks as if he might miss 1 - 2 weeks. What are people's thoughts?

If you have decent cover it might be worth holding off, especially as he might miss a few games. His price won't change whilst he's out and you can get a longer read on some of your intended targets.

If you haven't got decent cover then maybe it's worth doing but I don't think I would.

Having said that I'm thinking of;
Hunt->Silvagni
Ball->Ablett

Really don't want to trade but just prior to the price changes might be the best time to do this swap. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Im in the same boat with Gray, im really worried about how well his body will hold up through the season. Thinking maybe just cutting my losses now and Ballantyne certainly looks the goods.

If I had Gray......I'd ditch him now.....these types of injuries occuring early in a season doesn't look promising as the season wears on....these injuries are often recurring, regardless of how elite/conditioned the athlete is, especially if they have had similar problems previously......cut your losses now.....

I'm thinking of trading, just to rectify the structure of my team. I went in with 2 mid rookies starting but feel I can make more money with 3 starting...

Mackay - > McKenzie or similar......to be honest I know little about this guy so I'm not sure there. This will net me about $120k

Hall -> premium.....I also have Tippet but I think/I hope he will improve. His ordinary start reflects on the Crows as a whole....I have Sandi/Ottens....with Warnock/Lobbe.....so I might just hold onto him if I need to utilise the DP function later on.....Plus I did get him initially as a 'keeper (potential obviously)' as such.....

Any advice/thoughts appreciated.......any McKenzie fans out there...who is this bloke???

I am thinking Mooney will get off but Duncan was playing when all three of Moons, Motlop and Scarlett were in the team anyway. Gillies will probably come in for Scarlo and Djekurra for Motlop. When Max comes back (next 1-3 rounds) he will take Djekurra's spot and obviously Scarlo to come back in for Gillies.

Until Varcoe and Stokes are available for selection, I suspect Duncans spot in the side is safe (unless his form falls drastically). This will give plenty of time for him to fatten up with cash!

Tell me about it...

I'm just trying to decide if the trade is worth it. At worst, as long as Wright plays, he will maintain his price there or thereabouts given his current average. Having said that, he has been absolutely hopeless the first two weeks so it isn't unreasonable to expect that he could improve his performance up to 60-65. If he does this, Peterson will only really make me an extra 60K at best. So the net result will be an extra 100K from trading down to Peterson plus around 150K when Peterson hits his peak = 250K. Then I will still have to burn another trade on another cow to have enough money to upgrade Peterson to a Didak/Chapman/Brown, depending on how they all go in the next few rounds of course. Grand total of 3 trades burnt.

If I keep Wright and get a best case scenario of him maintaining his spot in the side and actually pulling his digit out and doing something, he might be able to increase his value to 250K. Then I could trade out either Martin, Bastinac or Trengove hopefully with a profit of about 170K by which time one of the previously mentioned forwards would be down to around 420K.

The more I look into it the more logical it seems to just bide my time and take some short term pain for a long term gain. I could switch either Gumby or Pods if he plays this week onto the field. Hmmm.....

Same problem with Wright, but think it might be time to bite the bullet and trade. I'm strongly considering the trade of Wright to Peterson, because it will net $104,500 from the trade and then I think according to FF Genie, if Peterson plays the next 3 games, which IMO he is a good chance to do going by Hawthorn injuries and suspensions and Peterson's form, Peterson will get up to $212,000 and thus increase in price by $117,500. Thus I see the trade netting at least $222,000, which I think is worth the trade.

In comparison to Wright, who this week has a BE of 58, which going by current form, he is highly unlikely to do (He only scored above 58 in one of his preseason matches, where he scored 75). I alo don't rate Wright's job security and he could be one of the scape goats following North's embarrasing loss against the Saints.

I also think that Peterson will outscore Wright by IMO 10 - 20 ppg, so the trade has added scoring potential as well. I just from watching Wright don't rate Wright's scoring, whereas Peterson seems to be more of a natural DTer. The big issue however is Peterson's job security, but even if he only plays the next 2 games, he will still increase in price by about $89,900.

Anyway, I think as long as Peterson is named, I will be doing the Wright to Peterson trade, because I think in 3 weeks it should net me about $222,000 and also increase my scoring by 10 - 20 ppg. I really can't see much justification to keep Wright.

Thinking Clark out and Sandilands in? I'm not keen on burning a trade this early but surely this one won't come back to haunt me.. Thoughts?

If you have decent cover it might be worth holding off, especially as he might miss a few games. His price won't change whilst he's out and you can get a longer read on some of your intended targets.

If you haven't got decent cover then maybe it's worth doing but I don't think I would.

Having said that I'm thinking of;
Hunt->Silvagni
Ball->Ablett

Really don't want to trade but just prior to the price changes might be the best time to do this swap. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Just bumping from the bottom of the last page. I notice questions at the bottom of pages get missed and I am really torn on this trade idea.

Considering Clark --> sandilands
Then maybe a straight swaw hille for cox later in the year. Wishful thinking but Cox is too good not to come good eventually.

Thinking Clark out and Sandilands in? I'm not keen on burning a trade this early but surely this one won't come back to haunt me.. Thoughts?

Yeah I am considering a similar option but instead of Clark it is Tippett...
I have/just about to do Gray --> Ballantyne, depending on the teams this week, then doing tippett --> Sandilands, could be a decision that makes or breaks my season I reckon but really am not sure, I feel it is either really smart or really dumb :eek:

Some thoughts would be really appreciated

Just bumping from the bottom of the last page. I notice questions at the bottom of pages get missed and I am really torn on this trade idea.

Sorry Docker forgot to answer your question in my question...I think that is actually quite smart a trade but it come down to whether or not your keen on burning trades early but it could definetly shape the year but I don't know what the rest of your team is like..but go for it i reckon :thumbsu:

Ok, I'm trading Hurn for Malceski and R.Tarrant for Duncan. That gives me about 100,000 left over. Then in a few weeks downgrade a rookie with a decent profit and then either upgrade Watson to Ablett or Tippett to Sandilands.

I don't trust Seaby and I'd like to keep Kreuzer, so that's probably the best way to go about getting Sandilands.

Same problem with Wright, but think it might be time to bite the bullet and trade. I'm strongly considering the trade of Wright to Peterson, because it will net $104,500 from the trade and then I think according to FF Genie, if Peterson plays the next 3 games, which IMO he is a good chance to do going by Hawthorn injuries and suspensions and Peterson's form, Peterson will get up to $212,000 and thus increase in price by $117,500. Thus I see the trade netting at least $222,000, which I think is worth the trade.

In comparison to Wright, who this week has a BE of 58, which going by current form, he is highly unlikely to do (He only scored above 58 in one of his preseason matches, where he scored 75). I alo don't rate Wright's job security and he could be one of the scape goats following North's embarrasing loss against the Saints.

I also think that Peterson will outscore Wright by IMO 10 - 20 ppg, so the trade has added scoring potential as well. I just from watching Wright don't rate Wright's scoring, whereas Peterson seems to be more of a natural DTer. The big issue however is Peterson's job security, but even if he only plays the next 2 games, he will still increase in price by about $89,900.

Anyway, I think as long as Peterson is named, I will be doing the Wright to Peterson trade, because I think in 3 weeks it should net me about $222,000 and also increase my scoring by 10 - 20 ppg. I really can't see much justification to keep Wright.

Even though it nets you around 220K, then what will you do when it comes to upgrading Peterson? Presumeably your going to want a gun which means that you'l probably have to trade out another cow to get the adequate funds. Like you mentioned, it is all going to come down to whether or not Wright maintains his place in the side. Given where the Roos are at, I think Scott is inclined to stick with his younger players because he needs to find out who can cut it and who can't. Realistically, even if the Roos have their most experienced side on the park, they probably aren't good enough to make the 8, although no doubt they would be much mroe competitive. If Wright is named, I'll stick by him, but if he's given the chop then I will think long and hard about the Peterson trade. The problem is trades are like gold yet it's so easy to burn them early on by making knee-jerk reactions

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back