Game Day Round 20, 2024: West Coast vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven’t been keen on how Duffield has been pushing on his radio programme all week and also in questioning to Schofield at the Derby press conference that this game is our “Grand Final”. We’ve actually played in, and indeed won, multiple real ones unlike the jetty lickers.

A thinly veiled swipe from a purple leaning journo that is normally better than that but it’s hard to argue with him when we’ve loaded up at the selection table including a borderline desperate looking naming of McGovern in the initial squad only for him to be unsurprisingly pulled out yesterday.

Hate the Darling selection both from a team balance and reward for WAFL effort perspective. One game (against a team that is arguably the worst in the competition this year) and a bye then straight back in. Brought in for forward pressure on the back of zero I50 tackles last week; let’s bring in a 32yo undersized KPF who has lost any semblance of pace that he had as a young man and also only had a single tackle in that last WAFL outing.

Assuming we get pumped tonight I want the club to get dinkum on this so called “list exploration” in the last four games. Hall, A Reid and Baker all need to be given debut games. Even Burgiel in Round 23 or 24 once he’s had his 3 to 4 week hamstring recovery. Rotate senior players out of the respective lines to fit them in. Results do not matter at this stage of the year. In fact we’re better off getting the best draft picks we can.

Unlikely Freo will get jumped like that again. Quite likely they'll jump us. Also didn't they lose two key players during the game? Freo home game, different atmosphere. Just don't know what to expect? If we somehow pulled this off, would be hilarious!!
But anyhow, go the big chooks!!

Happy Jonah Hill GIF
Happy Lets Go GIF by NHL

Oh No Omg GIF by LAIKA Studios
Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

That Thing Head GIF
452947100_496445276088149_4121124953757790557_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just watching those highlights , wtf happened that night? Besides the Melbourne game there hasn’t been one performance since then that we’ve performed anywhere near that level. Pretty depressing considering where we are at now. Footy can be a strange old game.

I have a funny feeling Fyfe will go to Yo to tag.
If so I hope Yo immediately goes to Serong.We can’t let them dictate to us how the midfield will be run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy is gunna walk in; stand still; hold off BW and tap to whoever and wherever he wants.
BW needs to be aggressive and our mids need to be on the move.

Hoping they chucked away the all best friends veil on Monday and had some hard conversations with one and other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back