Game Day Round 20 - St Kilda v Essendon, Marvel Stadium, 27/7/24, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone remind me why we chose Brad Scott over James Hird.
I loved James Hird as a player.

But James Hird the coach oversaw the biggest black mark in our history as a club.

The fact that people want him anywhere near coaching again is an indictment of our club,

This will present a lot of wake up calls hopefully not just for the players but also any hard-headedness in the coaches box. Situations like this are blunt-lessons for any arrogance or inability to change course.
what lesson will brad learn?

we need more senior leadership on the field, so heppell retains his spot in the side, goldstein comes back in for caddy and menzie stays in to provide some run and dash in the forward line

This will present a lot of wake up calls hopefully not just for the players but also any hard-headedness in the coaches box. Situations like this are blunt-lessons for any arrogance or inability to change course/develop differently.
How many times have we said this in the last 20 years?

Yeah this will be the week the coach drops the under performing spud who never gets dropped.

But James Hird the coach oversaw the biggest black mark in our history as a club.

The fact that people want him anywhere near coaching again is an indictment of our club,
He's done his time, I would not be surprised if he ends up becoming a great coach at another club in the near future.

Is anyone really surprised by this performance? It’s the second half of the season and the slide they promised wouldn’t come already came when they made that promise before the bye lol.

When you consistently scrap it out against bottom teams, it means you’re also one too.
So what do you reckon. Are we 14th best team now?

The biggest stitch up in the history of Australian sport

Last edited:
Most of the guys out there don't give a ****.

Assuming the season is done, I want Bryan, Daveyx2, Tex, Hayes, Luol and Roberts to play and see if they've got anything to offer for the rest of the season.

exactly

i called this out when we barely beat West Coast, North and Richmond.

We are a shit side who got lucky being in the ladder position we were.

i am vindicated!
Yep. As soon as the Geelong performance came the season was over. Sitting top 4 that late in the season with a sub 100% showed exactly what a loser club this is. At least the ladder is correcting itself to avoid another EF thrashing because I’m not interested in making finals. The club is too soft to compete in one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back