Preview Round 21, 2021: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 7th August, 7:40PM AEST *PRIDE GAME* *COFFIELD 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Swans

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we're in tank mode with us resting players with any injury issues, not that resting Billings hurts our chances of winning with how he's been going, he looks like he's been playing injured for the last couple of months. Paddy out is a big loss though, hard to see us beating Sydney without him.

May as well? Not like we're making the finals so might as well make 2022 the mission.

Would much prefer to see Joyce or Clav provide ruck support than Hunter

Or Max Heath, not sure if he's ready yet but he couldn't be worse than Hunter and unlike Hunter he has the potential to be a long term player for us.

I actually don't mind Joyce.

Think he could still be a player and worse case good backup.

I agree. I don't understand why we haven't tried him more. His last game, GC, I think he was huge late. Did some nice things.
I mean, what do you want out of a KPD that's been playing the game for 4 years or so? About what we've got so far.... Throw in that he can't get a run at it due Covid and now the disjointed VFL seasons.. he's serviceable. If we'd given him a longer run we'd know more, from the outside at least.

If anyone knows Professor Sutton’s mobile number I have some very urgent, and disturbing, information regarding a player’s private training session.

Gw7Q87B.jpg

According to Ratts, our “wellness numbers” (measured multiple times a week, through a survey) were the worst they’d been in about a year last week, after returning from Perth and being quarantined over there.

Reminded me of when Collingwood went over there for the finals last year and likewise quarantined for the week and came back and were flat af the next week, and never fired a shot.

Last edited:
According to Ratts, our “wellness numbers” (measured multiple times a week, through a survey) were the worst they’d been in about a year last week, after returning from Perth and being quarantined over there.

Isn't that when they get taken to the movies? Oh, previous coach.

The fact that Battle played 14 games this year and wasn't selected at CHB tells me that they don't think he's a chb. I've seen nothing to make me think they've got it wrong.
Battle did play down back, against West Coast and then Richmond the following week and had a bunch of goals kicked on him.

He’s very good at intercepting but I don’t think he’s very good at defending a man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually don't mind Joyce.

Think he could still be a player and worse case good backup.
The Swans will run with Hickey and Reid as back up so Marshall and Darragh might be good option.

Only problem I thought he was the "best" option left for Buddy.

Clav in the ruck?

Looks like we're in tank mode with us resting players with any injury issues, not that resting Billings hurts our chances of winning with how he's been going, he looks like he's been playing injured for the last couple of months. Paddy out is a big loss though, hard to see us beating Sydney without him.

Que sera sera - going for pick 3 at this rate.

Battle did play down back, against West Coast and then Richmond the following week and had a bunch of goals kicked on him.

He’s very good at intercepting but I don’t think he’s very good at defending a man.

I was going to say this too.

I think one of the issues for Josh is he's not that quick but he does have great endurance.

The speed is needed as a defender and a forward

I was going to say this too.

I think one of the issues for Josh is he's not that quick but he does have great endurance.

The speed is needed as a defender and a forward
It’s especially important down back I reckon, unless you’re really tall like Carlisle, or super-strong like May.

Having two slow guys back there in Wilkie and Battle would be far from ideal.

I think his best chance of making it is in the role Membrey is playing, or the role Wood was playing. The Tom Lynch (Adelaide version) type role. Using your endurance to roam far and wide.

With the news on Ryder and Billings I think we can now say our season is officially cooked. Pity because I gave us a chance this week and had pencilled in a win against Freo. Looks most likely 0-3 now. Let's hope we at least see some effort.

Sydney have 1 guy on their injury list (Naismith), we have 10 (plus Hanners, who’s not considered match-fit enough for senior footy yet).

And every one of those 11 would be picked this week (not as a collective, but individually) if they were fit, available and in any sort of decent form.

So it’s fairly reasonable to say we’ll need Sydney to be off their tucker. Probably unlikely, given the mental/emotional boost they’re likely to get from reuniting with their families today.

Reminded me of when Collingwood went over there for the finals last year and likewise quarantined for the week and came back and were flat af the next week, and never fired a shot.
All he does is give them excuses , poor babies need to get some mental strength , plenty of people worse off than them

All he does is give them excuses , poor babies need to get some mental strength , plenty of people worse off than them
That’s just trash. Some of you are living in la-la land, where you think that just because they’re well paid or something that that makes them some sort of machines, or robots, who aren’t affected by mental or physical fatigue and so-on.

I’m sure others are worse off, but they’d almost certainly perform even worse, as a result of the affect being worse off would have on them.

Our guys handled being away from home and in a bubble for 100 days extremely well last year, but sometimes things just take a toll.

Except on the super-humans like your good self of course.

That’s just trash. Some of you are living in la-la land, where you think that just because they’re well paid or something that that makes them some sort of machines, or robots, who aren’t affected by mental or physical fatigue and so-on.

I’m sure others are worse off, but they’d almost certainly perform even worse, as a result of the affect being worse off would have on them.

Our guys handled being away from home and in a bubble for 100 days extremely well last year, but sometimes things just take a toll.

Except on the super-humans like your good self of course.
The dogs done a similar thing to us I'm pretty sure this year, having had to quarantine against the Eagles. How did they go the following week? Serious question as I can't be arsed looking it up.

I do however think that this group is a bit mentally fragile. There is enough proof over the year when we turn to water as soon as some heat is applied to us when it comes to crunch games and when we are in the spotlight.

The dogs done a similar thing to us I'm pretty sure this year, having had to quarantine against the Eagles. How did they go the following week? Serious question as I can't be arsed looking it up.

I do however think that this group is a bit mentally fragile. There is enough proof over the year when we turn to water as soon as some heat is applied to us when it comes to crunch games and when we are in the spotlight.
Well if you can’t be arsed looking it up I’m sure as shit not going to do it for you, but I didn’t say that doing what we did last week (or what Collingwood did last year) had to have a detrimental effect on the team the following week, but in years past plenty of teams didn’t go well the week after playing in Perth, and that didn’t involve quarantine.

I agree that this team seems to lack the ideal mental strength, but that’s different from being off physically, or simply low in energy.

It’s hard to just manufacture energy out of thin air when it’s simply not there.

It’s one thing for the mind to be willing, but if the body’s not able, the body’s not able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back