Preview Round 21, 2024: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, Sun 4 August, 1.10pm AEST @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at open training at Manuka, there's about 500 or so here with me.

Interesting contrast, GWS played soccer for their open training, our boys are doing full on drills.

I had my whole day planned around watching this game until I realised it's on tomorrow and not today
That must have been some disappointment turning on the TV and seeing Richmond and North!

I had my whole day planned around watching this game until I realised it's on tomorrow and not today
Strangely, I made exactly the same mistake. I came back from Richmond market, got my lunch ready, popped open an Aftemath double IPA and got ready to watch the Hawks and to my horror it was Norf and Richmond. I am a stupid old fool. Though I did see that great leap by Dursma.

Harry Morrison is the travelling emergency for tomorrow's game.

ROUND 21 TEAM
GWS GIANTS v Hawthorn
Sunday 4 August
Manuka Oval, 1.10pm

In:
Jack Gunston
Out: Finn Maginness (omitted)

B: Blake Hardwick, Sam Frost, Jarman Impey
HB: Jack Scrimshaw, James Sicily, Josh Ward
C: Karl Amon, Jai Newcombe, Dylan Moore
HF: Luke Breust, Will Day, James Worpel
F: Connor Macdonald, Mabior Chol, Jack Ginnivan
R: Lloyd Meek, Conor Nash, Changkuoth Jiath

INT: Nick Watson, Josh Weddle, Jack Gunston, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Calsher Dear

EMER: Harry Morrison, Cam Mackenzie, Jai Serong
This team will win it easily tomorrow.

I'm at open training at Manuka, there's about 500 or so here with me.

Interesting contrast, GWS played soccer for their open training, our boys are doing full on drills.

Arrived at 3:25 to find the autograph session was nearly over, despite it saying the training session ran from 3-4.

Unlike Gather Round where the boys started about 20 minutes late.

Great arvo though. Plenty of autographs on my young blokes footy. Got a photo with Nashy.

Wished Frosty all the best with the bub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the the feeling that Gunston and Weddle or even Sicily may swap positions at some point in the game.
I wouldn’t be putting Gunston near the backline. Especially if he’s struggling to get involved ahead of the ball.

I assume we might see someone swing forward if Gunston is subbed off. Would depend on how the games going though.

What a crazy week with Swans loosing, Cats barely beating Crows etc etc.
I have a sinister feeling we will win this and get the 4 points.
Most top of the ladder teams are struggling at the moment and we need to keep the winning form going - ladder will take care of itself.

This is probably a make or break game for us to hit the finals. Even if we win, an 8 spot is unlikely on percentage. I am thinking the players will be fired up.. Lets be honest, the laughing stock of the first 5 rounds is a force to be reckined with.. at least we hit our straps earlier than other seasons.

The above is a long-winded way of saying I am as nervous about this game as a pyke on a spike. I think we are better than the current odds which have as even @ 1.90. But after watching the Swans games, I hope the umps aren't going to make the difference.

Go Hawkers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back