Game Day Round 21 - A welcome visit to the MCG. ESS vs FRE @13:20 AWST.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This game, as with last week is part of an excellent lead up to finals. A bunch of critical games with the pressure on to win against motivated opposition.

Also, being at the G is well timed for us.

And I'm thinking Fyfe missing is a plus. Gives him a rest and gives someone else a scarce-as-hens-teeth taste

A rare 3:20pm FTA Sunday game in Melbourne.

Normally twlight or 1:10pm.

Essendon are the only side remaining that we haven't beaten at the MCG that we have played against.

Only 2 Vic teams St Kilda and Dogs we have never played there. The rest we have won a game against.

So let's do it.

In all my time living in Victoria I think this is the first time I’ve seen us play Essendon live. LFG!!!!

Yep same, hope we keep our form. I suspect the Bombers have seen the writing on the wall.
Yep, backs against the wall areas for them. Won’t be easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have seen plenty of purple over the weekend here, beautiful day so far
Just saw someone in the Freo Christmas jumper.

IMG_0522.png

EDIT: and shorts!

IMG_0518.jpeg

We’re massively flying under the radar and there is a golden opportunity for a top 4 or even top 2 finish, and from there a flag can well and truly be pinched.

Huge game today. Win, and we are one step closer. Lose, and I think we’ll know that we’re not good enough to seriously contend just yet.

Hopefully we find ourselves in a virtuous circle with some belief-building wins in the second half of the year and key players committing for the long term, creating a positive feedback loop. A young team and coaching group growing together and just starting to understand what is possible.

It’s Wharfie Time. LFG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back