Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn’t very confusing at the time come on now.
It wasn’t confusing we signed him after the year he had, what is confusing is if JL didn’t rate him why we gave him a long deal to freeze him out at Peel. Raz, at least, has had a run in the 1sts more than Brodie has.

Not advocating for Brodie to play over Rax, just still genuinely puzzled.

It wasn’t confusing we signed him after the year he had, what is confusing is if JL didn’t rate him why we gave him a long deal to freeze him out at Peel. Raz, at least, has had a run in the 1sts more than Brodie has.

Not advocating for Brodie to play over Rax, just still genuinely puzzled.
I mean it’s very obvious that JL and the club did rate him…that’s why he played every game in 2022 and that’s why they signed him.

It’s possible for players to regress in form. Happens all the time. Extensions aren’t signed with it in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean it’s very obvious that JL and the club did rate him…that’s why he played every game in 2022 and that’s why they signed him.

It’s possible for players to regress in form. Happens all the time. Extensions aren’t signed with it in mind.
Fair.i haven’t watched much peel so can’t comment about what’s regressed in his game. I always thought the knock on him was that he didn’t have a good tank and has low TOG relative to our other mids.

Still confused as to why we signed Brodie for a few years if JL was convinced he’s no good.
It's only confusing because you're using hindsight instead of accounting for what the situation was at the time. It's irrelevant anyway, Brodie got us Johnson, so who cares if his contract is longer than it should be. Brodie can have the extra years for that alone and being great depth.

Would have been serious doubts over Fyfe getting back. Mindy’s last year. JOM wasn’t even on the horizon at that stage. Young was still a half back as well.

It happens.

Brodie had leaped Erasmus in recent times, was emergency for the last few games (Erasmus hasn't been emergency since round 16)

So I'd say its Brodie coming in, unless we are changing it up and going with Coops (who has also been emergency the last few games over Erasmus)

Brodies handball game is also a lot closer to what Fyfe has been bringing, Fyfe very handball heavy this year.

Fair.i haven’t watched much peel so can’t comment about what’s regressed in his game. I always thought the knock on him was that he didn’t have a good tank and has low TOG relative to our other mids.
I have only watched him in bits and pieces and (just from the little I have seen) I felt he might not be strong enough yet to take on players at AFL level. There's such a huge gap between WAFL and AFL, but look at how much Draper is improving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back