Game Day Round 21 - A welcome visit to the MCG. ESS vs FRE @13:20 AWST.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please finish us off

Give us the OL HEAVE HO
Come Let Me Love You GIF

Our record after winning a Derby is not particularly flash, our record in crunch games can be erratic. This time I am confident but definitely not cocky.

Our team has plenty of motivated and focused players who are getting a handle on performing well week in and week out.

Essendon will be up for this game so I am expecting they will be right in it. Freo by 10 points 🤞

Big game. Probably the 'easiest' of our last 4. I'm scared. Will tell us a lot though. If we can't get this one done probably not our year.

Its a situation that before the season I didnt really expect us to be in. I thought we would be fighting it out for 8-10th spot. Happy with how the season is panning out. I think this will be a tough game.....Would have actually preferred them to win last week so they arent going into it after a week of disappointment. They will come out firing to try to show that last weeks loss was an anomaly. But was it? Maybe they just arent as good as everyone told them they were.
This is a must win for us really. We need to show the rest of the comp (and ourselves!) that we are the real deal and are into this season up to our eyeballs.
I think if we get some decent run thru the middle and link up chains with our forwards, we have enough talent and a decent enough game plan to kick a decent winning score.
Us by 52 points after a close first half before we kick away in the 3rd :)

I think the outcome will be determined by how well we absorb their initial pressure. They will throw everything at us, and if we absorb , we should come out on top. See this game similar to the weagles games first and second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we're all glad Ras is getting a full game, but geez I'm nervous. Midfield has been humming and it's not like in previous years where we can just "see how he goes", we need to win. Backing him in but Fyfe is a big loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back