Game Day Round 21: Collingwood v Richmond @ MCG - Sat 22 Aug 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pies had 20 I50 for 0.7 while we had 8 I50 for 3.2. So while we managed to keep them goal less it wasn't like they didn't have their chances. However like a good side should we were able to soak up the pressure and when the opportunity presented we hurt them on the scoreboard. Need to finish off the game like last week and just continue to grind them into the ground.

Anyone who thinks Maric isn't that important to this side and he's cooked needs watch the 10mins of football when he was off injured.

Maric goes off the ground Pies kick 3 in a row.
Maric comes back on we kick 6 in a row.

The half has been good, but they have kicked a lot of points, which would make a difference. They have had more rebound f50 entries which we haven't so that really needs to be fixed. Just stupid decisions or the players ahead of the ball not providing a good target. We had another 3 or 4 goals in that quarter. need to fix this kicking out and getting it fwd from a stop play in the backline. We give the ball back far too much.

yeah I get that but we're not going to control the game the entire time. I think they've fired their shot...did not kick a goal that quarter despite all the play. Would have burnt a lot of energy with that effort, now its our time this quarter, put em away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colonwood have no forward structure. The ball will continue to be mopped up by our back 6 and our mids will keep working hard and the forwards will continue their accuracy in front of goals. If the umpires stopped being the center of attention, we would be at least 10 up and coasting to a percentage booster.

Lloyd was good in the first, Vickery in the second, so expect Jack / Edwards / Lids to impact the scoreboard in the third. Lennon will be a great sub in the last.

GWS doing us no favours.

**** You!

Gonna throw something out there. Granted, expansion club I get it. But we had to turnover a list during the compromised drafts during that time. I'd argue we're coming from a long way back, further than the expansion teams in terms of draft talent over that time. The expansion clubs had the same trading rules we did and now free agency has come in can take advantage of that as well. For GWS, four years in (how did we go fours years in to Dimma's re-build?) they should be performing better than what they are. FFS with that talent, there's really no excuse, especially if they miss the finals again next year.

Anyway enough about those campaigners, how about big Ivvy getting his nose smashed and coming back on and playing like a warrior? Thats the Ivvy I love

highlight lol norf and rod stroker crying on main board

Kinda sad the entire Norf supporter base are on there whinging about umpiring in a Pies Tigers game.

yeah I get that but we're not going to control the game the entire time. I think they've fired their shot...did not kick a goal that quarter despite all the play. Would have burnt a lot of energy with that effort, now its our time this quarter, put em away.
Yeah no doubt but I just think we give the ball back far too much between the arcs. So many times when a poor choice results in turning the ball to then concede an I50. We need to be better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back