Game Day Round 21 - Essendon v Freo, MCG, 4/8/24, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round21.jpg

Form Line.jpg

ESSENDON

Disgusting.
Arguably the worst performance we've seen this season.
Finals are off the table unless we pull the biggest turnaround in footy history.
Bad recruiting.
Bad selection.
No effort.
No desire.
Once again, we fall away, badly, in the second half of the season, leaving success-starved supporters desperate for any answers.
Exactly why we've been stuck in an evergreen spiral of constant mediocrity for two decades.
I suspect that it will continue today.

ST KILDA 17.6 108
def.
ESSENDON 8.7 55

BEST:
****ing NONE OF THEM
GOALS: Shiel 2, Stringer, Merrett, Draper, Duursma, Jones, Durham

-----------

FREMANTLE

I was so angry after our game that I didn't watch this one.
Purple team won.
And will win again today.

FREMANTLE 17.8 110
def.
WEST COAST 11.9 75

BEST:
Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Clark, Treacy, Darcy
GOALS: Frederick, Emmett, Treacy 3, O'Meara, Switkowski 2, Brayshaw, Serong, Amiss, Sturt

LineUps.jpg

Round21.jpg

ESSENDON OUTS: Jordan Ridley (Injured), Archie Perkins, Dyson Heppell, Peter Wright (Omitted)
ESSENDON INS: Archie Roberts, Jake Kelly, Nick Bryan, Alwyn Davey Jr

FREMANTLE OUTS: Nat Fyfe (Suspension)
FREMANTLE INS: Neil Erasmus

Debuts.jpg
robertsdebut.jpg

milestones.jpg

langford150.jpg

Last Time.jpg

ROUND 15, 2023
Optus Stadium
24/6/2023

FREMANTLE 14.9 93
def.
ESSENDON 9.7 61

---------

FREMANTLE GOALS: Jackson 3, Walters, Frederick, Amiss 2, Brayshaw, Switkowski, Schultz, Serong, Johnson
ESSENDON GOALS: Stringer, Merrett, Langford, Parish, Guelfi, Caldwell, Hobbs, Martin, Menzie

FREMANTLE BEST: Henry, Serong, Jackson, Ryan, Brayshaw
ESSENDON BEST: Ridley, Merrett, Martin, McGrath, Hobbs

----------

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

FREMANTLE OUTS:
Henry, Fyfe, Johnson, Hughes, Schultz, Walters, Pearce
FREMANTLE INS: J. Draper, Chapman, Wagner, Sharp, Banfield, Emmett, Aish

ESSENDON OUTS: Hobbs, Heppell, Ridley, Perkins, Snelling, Guelfi, Phillips, Weideman, Zerk-Thatcher, Wright
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Cox, Shiel, Duursma, Caddy, Jones, Gresham, S. Draper, A. Davey Jr, Roberts

tip.jpg

I look forward to seeing Archie Roberts come on as sub with 15 minutes to play and then being dropped next week despite having no chance to impress. I'm sick of this shit. We are stuck in mediocrity and will fester at this level, because 20 years of this is apparently not long enough.

I don't know what the answer is, but it's becoming clear that the people in charge of our club don't either.

At least we're playing Bryan and ADJ.

Fremantle by 74.

Good changes. Sends a message to the group. I hope VelvetSledge isn't correct in his analysis and we actually come out and make a game of it. Would love to win but ultimately I just want to see all the players putting in 100%.

I think they’ll respond for about 45 mins then freo will just go another gear.

Seeing the other thread is closed, I'd like to make a public apology to windyhill. It was a poor attempt at humour, not meant to be serious. The joke was about the dumb judgment that people make about other people without knowing the details. In the end, I came across as the sort of douchebag I was attempting to mock.

That sort of judgment is not what a keyboard warrior should be making seriously.

We can finish bottom 4 still, which is what needs to happen.

Better job at the selection table, need another debut in the next few weeks and another look at Tex. Keep pushing senior players out who have already had their chance to do something this year and failed.

A win today would be the biggest upset i can recall

Freo by 46

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back