Game Day Round 21: Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 10/8/19, 7.25PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's sort of my point. Play Ham and/or Mynott and push McGrath or (a not 100% fit) Heppell forward. See of there is any improvement at this level from Long (not likely). Play Hartley or Zerk and adjust somewhere else.
Don't just go "small for small" when there's more to the game than just height. See what some of the depth we hope we have can actually offer
A couple of pages back I was saying I'd like to have seen Ridley or Zerk Thatcher in tonight. But ruck, midfield and forward there isn't a lot left to choose from.

Ham could have come in but I don't see how throwing kids to the wolves would have proven anything about them either way. The support around them isn't there, most of the experienced team is on the injury list.

No excuse for the lack of effort but little shout out to the guys we're missing;

FB Francis - Hurley - Saad

CHB **** - **** - ****

C: Smith - **** - ****

HFF: **** - Daniher/Stewart - ****

F: **** - **** - Fantasia (fully fit)

R: Bellchambers - Parish -

No team with any of Baguley, Z Clarke or McNeice is going to win a game and we’ve got all 3. Terrible effort, tackling like turnstiles again. The manpower out is significant, especially when your coach only believes in talent not system.
What talent?

We have seen this type of performance before. There is a stench to it that is familiar. Le Cras kicked 10 or 12 Ive deleted it from my memory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched Laverde this season? He isn't remotely AFL standard.

That said there is a fair few that fit into that category.
He’s been shit house. Still his AFL and VFL form has been better than bags but he’s out there tonight.

A couple of pages back I was saying I'd like to have seen Ridley or Zerk Thatcher in tonight. But ruck, midfield and forward there isn't a lot left to choose from.

Ham could have come in but I don't see how throwing kids to the wolves would have proven anything about them either way. The support around them isn't there, most of the experienced team is on the injury list.

Agree but for mine you play the guys who might make so that they hopefully get something out of it, and it shows that there's a bit more creativity within the coaching and selection committee. Neither option wins us the game, one option may help in the future

As I politely pointed out in the Adrian Dodoro thread but we don't even have kids to hang our hats on. Nor the guys we paid a premium on are performing to the top dollar I would have expected. Stringer probably the closest. Saad has been ok considering what we paid but Smith (2019) and Shiel have been underwhelming

No excuse for the lack of effort but little shout out to the guys we're missing;

FB Francis - Hurley - Saad

CHB **** - **** - ****

C: Smith - **** - ****

HFF: **** - Daniher/Stewart - ****

F: **** - **** - Fantasia (fully fit)

R: Bellchambers - Parish -
That's the best 22. And then we've lost a lot of the depth as well. We're down to third string players, out of form second string players, and **** all else.

Hooker is basically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back