Preview Round 21 - Essendon VS Fremantle - MCG - Sunday 4/8/24 - 3:20pm AEST

Should Windyhill go to his sons prelim or Ess vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Perkins, Laverde, Heppell, Gresham, Ridley
In: Hind, Weideman, A Davey, Roberts, Wanganeen

McGrath - McKay - Cox
Redman - Weideman - Wanganeen
Martin - Caldwell - Duursma
Menzie - Caddy - Davey
Langford - Wright - Hind
Draper - Merrett - Durham
Roberts - Jones - Parish - Shiel
Stringer
Wouldn't mind seeing Weideman get one last shot. Has he been playing back, in the VFL?

Wouldn't mind seeing Weideman get one last shot. Has he been playing back, in the VFL?
I think that’s fair based on the meek performance of our defence against the Saints. He’s done his time and deserves one last crack at it. I personally don’t think he’ll make a big enough impact to warrant a list spot next year but he’s deserving of filling a current void. In fact, with Ridley likely out I’d bring both he and Hayes into the team. It’s a risk from a cohesion perspective but it can’t be any worse than what we’ve been seeing.

Last edited:

Out : everyone except Merrett, Durham, Martin, Duursma

In : Andrews, Duckworth, R Merrett, T Watson, Dunnell, Neagle, Madden, T Daniher, A Daniher, van der Haar, D Williams, and the other guys in the Essendon I first knew (ie, that would run through brick walls for fun 🤩 )

If we have any guts Mass changes need to happen.

In- A.Davey, J.Davey(Debut), Tsatsas, Hobbs, Setterfield, Hayes(Debut), Roberts(Debut), Hind

Out- Perkins(Omit), Ridley(Inj), Langford(Managed), Laverde(Omit), Heppell(Omit), Parish(Managed), Menzie(Omit)

B- L.Hayes B.McKay A.McGrath
HB- A.Roberts N.Cox M.Redman
C- Z.Merrett W.Setterfield X.Duursma
HF- D.Shiel H.Jones N.Martin
F- A.Davey P.Wright N.Caddy
FOLL- S.Draper S.Durham J.Caldwell
I/C- B.Hobbs, E.Tsatsas, N.Hind, J.Stringer
Sub- J.Davey
We don't have any guts.
So it will just be the standard

In. Kelly, Goldstein
Out, Ridley,perkins

Out: Wright, parish, perkins, ridley, menzies.

In: byran, hobbs, setterfield, davey, roberts.

Langford agility and pressure has been poor for a month. Him or stringer should really be dropped.

Cox or Jones play ridley role.

If we somehow win this game, it will be more damning on the player group than anything. Obviously I want us to win, but I would questioning how our players approach each and every game.

Last edited:
Last week, on paper, we were probably the closest to full strength we've been all year.
And it was ****ing atrocious.

A team's top 6 players set the pace.
What have we gotten out of our top 6 post bye?
Merrett: plays through a tag 9 times out of 10
McGrath: form has dropped off
Langford: fell off a cliff
Ridley: playing a role he doesn't seem suited for
Redman: SFA
McKay: form patchy, gets led up the ground
5 of those 6 players are letting us down and not leading by example.

Below them we've got senior players who are straight up passengers in Stringer, Wright, Gresham, Perkins.
A severely mentally deficient ruckman in Draper (though he has been taking more marks)
And half a bottom 6 who just aren't up to it in Hepp, Menzie and Laverde.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Perkins, Laverde, Heppell, Gresham, Ridley
In: Hind, Weideman, A Davey, Roberts, Wanganeen

McGrath - McKay - Cox
Redman - Weideman - Wanganeen
Martin - Caldwell - Duursma
Menzie - Caddy - Davey
Langford - Wright - Hind
Draper - Merrett - Durham
Roberts - Jones - Parish - Shiel
Stringer
Showing some slight bias eth .
At least Gresham had 4 tackles inside 50 and put some pressure on . What did Menzie do other than play the small forward role like a KPF 😎

Showing some slight bias eth .
At least Gresham had 4 tackles inside 50 and put some pressure on . What did Menzie do other than play the small forward role like a KPF 😎
Gresham has been shit for 2 months. Give Menzie some air without him.

So we drop one of the few actually did put some pressure on . Makes sense .

So we drop one of the few actually did put some pressure on . Makes sense .
But he doesn't. His pressure is very poor. That's my biggest issue with him.

But he doesn't. His pressure is very poor. That's my biggest issue with him.
Most tackles inside 50 for both sides on Saturday. Was the only one who chased with any consistency as well.

Most tackles inside 50 for both sides on Saturday. Was the only one who chased with any consistency as well.
And in the previous 10 weeks he had 1.

And in the previous 10 weeks he had 1.
Who cares . He did not dog it last week. Plenty of others did .
The previous form is irrelevant for this week . You do not drop one of the very few who actually gave a **** .

Who cares . He did not dog it last week. Plenty of others did .
The previous form is irrelevant for this week . You do not drop one of the very few who actually gave a **** .
It is relevant. He's deserved to be dropped for a while. One okay week in this regard shouldn't save him.

It is relevant. He's deserved to be dropped for a while. One okay week in this regard shouldn't save him.
It does when you need to drop players who did not try and make a statement .
You can not go with Gresh sorry maté you’re form has been average for a few weeks but you where one of a few who tried last week however your out and we are keeping in a few that had no impact. No pressure.
Yeah. Nah.
Was one of the few weeks he was inside 50 more often. Hard to make tackles inside 50 when you are an extra at the contest.
If they play with some heart this week and he doesn’t do much then okay but this weeks statement need to be about those who just dogged it from the start .

No, Menzie does not deserve to be playing at AFL level and is the prime example of the uncompetitiveness that is ravaging our team.

At this point I’m dropping Redman, Laverde, Stringer, Wright and Parish to make a statement that names won’t get you a game. Stringer wasn’t our worst by any means but it is now at the point where we have to stop ****ing about with mediocrity. I’m dropping Menzie because he offers nothing. If Ridley is out that makes seven changes. That’s a lot but who cares at this point.

In Weid, Hayes, Hobbs, Tsatas, Roberts, Davey Jr, Setterfield.

No, Menzie does not deserve to be playing at AFL level and is the prime example of the uncompetitiveness that is ravaging our team.

At this point I’m dropping Redman, Laverde, Stringer, Wright and Parish to make a statement that names won’t get you a game. Stringer wasn’t our worst by any means but it is now at the point where we have to stop ****ing about with mediocrity. I’m dropping Menzie because he offers nothing. If Ridley is out that makes seven changes. That’s a lot but who cares at this point.

In Weid, Hayes, Hobbs, Tsatas, Roberts, Davey Jr, Setterfield.

Edit: Perkins needs to go too so maybe bring in Wanganeen. Eight changes 😲

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back