Preview Round 21 - Essendon VS Fremantle - MCG - Sunday 4/8/24 - 3:20pm AEST

Should Windyhill go to his sons prelim or Ess vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench hope: Parish, Hobbs, Bryan, Roberts. Sub Davey

Reality: Parish, Wright, Heppell, Menzie. Sub Hobbs

Seriously, if we want to make a point, Heppell, Wright & Menzie not in the mix for mine. Parish gets a free pass for being underdone.

B McGrath McKay Laverde
HB Redman Cox Roberts
C Durham Hobbs Duursma
HF Merrett Caddy Martin
F A Davey Jones Stringer
R Draper Caldwell Shiel
INT Bryan Langford Parish Gresham
SUB Kelly

It's a PR squad. Expect those cut to be byran, roberts, hobbs and davey.

Think if byran plays we go the dreaded 2 ruckman plus Wright or make him a sub or some other dud move.

Be shocked if roberts plays, outside chance to be sub as well.

Kelly and heppel will both play.

Hopefully 35,000 at the game this weekend! That would be massive overs for mine..
Hopefully 100 there and all Freo supporters. Essendon supporters don’t tend to bandwagon which would make a mass no-show all the more impactful as to how we were affected by last week’s team no-show. **** em, they owe us.

Hopefully 100 there and all Freo supporters. Essendon supporters don’t tend to bandwagon which would make a mass no-show all the more impactful as to how we were affected by last week’s team no-show. **** em, they owe us.

I agree they owe us. And what they owe is unconditional effort. I can somewhat forgive lack of talent or IQ as it takes time to turn a list around.

But if the players and club want us to care then they have to show us that they care as well. And if there are some players that cannot put in that effort then they should be dropped for someone else who will. Stop being mister nice guy Brad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree they owe us. And what they owe is unconditional effort. I can somewhat forgive lack of talent or IQ as it takes time to turn a list around.

But if the players and club want us to care then they have to show us that they care as well. And if there are some players that cannot put in that effort then they should be dropped for someone else who will. Stop being mister nice guy Brad.
Exactly.

That third quarter last week when our effort should have been manic was abysmal. Sucked the life out of our supporter base. I can handle losses if the effort is there.

It is absolutely between the ears with this playing group IMO and up to the coaches to change the mindset. When we get behind the negative vibes take over and the whole team panics and our energy is gone. Opposition clubs then walk 10 feet tall and it becomes a training drill.

I get as a club expectation is an issue. Blues suffer from it too. Pies are more hardened but also have stronger on field leaders.

This is why I want Caldwell in the leadership group, leads by example, not just words like McGrath. Duursma too.

Going to buck the trend here. How many clubs haven’t had a run of poor form this season? It’s not what’s going on right now that has everyone melting, it’s what people think it means based on previous years. The question is whether we are better than that now and whether we can finish the season with some dignity. I’d actually back the players to do that, but it might not equal many more wins given the quality of the opposition. If we play (mostly) competitively from here on then I’m reasonably happy with the season. The 93’ dream was fun while it lasted but realistically I think our percentage throughout the year has been telling. We just didn’t want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back