Review Round 21 - Freo Edged by the Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

4th time this year we've lost the game in the final few minutes of the match - that's the difference between being a contender and not. One classy win against the Swans doesn't make up for all of that.

Really dreadful outcome when you consider the situation - most beatable opponent in the last 4 games, 25pts up at quarter time and completely bottled it. Top 2 contender back to the bottom edge of the 8 with other contenders pushing through, real chance of missing now as I'm only hopeful of one more win for the season out of our next 3.

I’ll be Freo till I die but I’m thinking a 6 yr spell till Darcy’s contract is up

I don’t like hating Freo players but that bloke is getting into Rory Lobb territory as far as I’m concerned

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Darcy? Look at Jackson first…

Bombers were tearing apart Draper, their ruck, for being useless and then he went and made Sean Darcy look like Sean spent last night on the beers

That last clearance. What happened?

Dominate clearances all year and lose the most important one - comprehensively, like not even a dirty clearance for them just acres of space for a clear shot at goal.

Absolutely sucks man. The year is now on a knifes edge. It’s more over than open now. ****

TBH I reckon we set up to win the game, no defensive structures at all.

Would have been nice to tell Darcy though who seemed to have no idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield got taken to school and we couldn't get any structure there. Essendon made so many mistakes that one point makes it look better for us than it was.

Our forwards barely missed until half time. Our defense looked disorganised.

Chapman was involved in enough Essendon goes, but it should have been far more.

I don't know why Clark was handballing twice back there. Oh well.

Cause Draper & Bryan put it on a platter the whole game.
We sharked any of the clearances we won.

Essendon brought their A game.
Ras has nothing on Fyfe.
Chappy has had a couple of poor games, this was is worst.
Not a fan of Emmett and wags.
Emmet takes far too long to move the ball.
Another close loss is not a good look, we will start getting on top of these as we mature.
Number 2 spot would have been nice but not to be.

Never as good or as bad as it seems

That one hurt though. In the context of the game, results around us and the way Essendon were talked about last week

I was worried about this one until we went 25 up and I began to relax. This club, man.

It’s the hope that gets ya

Biggest positive was the fwd line accuracy which made it look closer than it actually was. Amiss has his mojo back.

Like vs the Hawks, it's concerning they crumbled under pressure in the last. They made the same mistakes vs the Eagles in the 1st half last week. I shudder to think that's how we approach finals, which are no certainty any more.

Midfield mix looks unbalanced without Johnson and Fyfe. Erasmus was bizarrely subbed when delist fodder Emmett was doing nothing. Merrett waltzing out of the centre in the last minute sums it up.

That puts away any flag talk. Can't beat a gettable bombers side at the MCG. We'll do well to make finals at this rate with our draw.

Had them on class most of the game but clearly they wanted it a lot more, which arguably worse because we all knew how much they were going to want it. I'm still trying to figure out what the **** that was from Darcy.

And fact after everything we've put together this year we could miss finals is gutting. Next week is an absolute must win.
did he get injured in the derby? I am wondering how many are carrying injuries and in denial

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21 - Freo Edged by the Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back