Review Round 21 vs Adelaide Crows @ Adelaide Oval - 05/08/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

7bba82bd0d782e192de17425eba1f54d.jpg

Three from the last four is quite encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

7bba82bd0d782e192de17425eba1f54d.jpg

Three from the last four is quite encouraging.

They clearly somewhat vulnerable
defensively.

Conceding a fair few points historically - this year 10th best team defensively and with their 1st choice talls out.

If the midfield can win their match ups it gives us a good chance.

Their forward line is super potent so will have to play good team defence and impair their quick ball movement.

Tex almost always gets a hold of Sarge. It's a worry, need a good team defence performance and the mids to win the battle.
Stopping Tex is the key to victory for mine. I believe Rachelle will be returning for the Crows in this game and I know he's good but I feel more confident having Lemmens out there to play on him instead of Long who was absolute towelled up in the GWS game (admittedly against probably the best player in the game right now). I think Lemmens, Powell and Macpherson will be able to contain Rachelle for the most part so it's really just Tex that worries me. Collins is actually in outstanding form right now so if he can keep that up then we're a HUGE chance. We've got the superior midfield to them so we should get more attacking opportunities than they do but ultimately I think we need a four quarter effort like we saw against Brisbane in order to seal the win. The Crows know they can't afford any slip ups and will be very determined to win this one, but then again so should we because we're literally in the exact same position as Adelaide right now. It's essentially sudden death every week from here onwards and you know what that means...

This is a Mini GF!

Stopping Tex is the key to victory for mine. I believe Rachelle will be returning for the Crows in this game and I know he's good but I feel more confident having Lemmens out there to play on him instead of Long who was absolute towelled up in the GWS game (admittedly against probably the best player in the game right now). I think Lemmens, Powell and Macpherson will be able to contain Rachelle for the most part so it's really just Tex that worries me. Collins is actually in outstanding form right now so if he can keep that up then we're a HUGE chance. We've got the superior midfield to them so we should get more attacking opportunities than they do but ultimately I think we need a four quarter effort like we saw against Brisbane in order to seal the win. The Crows know they can't afford any slip ups and will be very determined to win this one, but then again so should we because we're literally in the exact same position as Adelaide right now. It's essentially sudden death every week from here onwards and you know what that means...

This is a Mini GF!
Not too worried bout Rachele, he like Humphrey is running on fumes.

Tex is the guy to stop.

Probably
Collins - Walker
Ballard - Fogarty
Andrew - thilthorpe

That makes me pretty nervous.
Don’t know if any of those matchups really suit style wise. I’d say ballard on thilthorpe works but can’t possibly have Mac on Fogarty.

Maybe farrar comes into the starting 22 - can chip in against Fogarty.

Keep Mac on someone like macadam and have him float off and double team the power forwards.

This is the consensus Adelaide side (below)

On paper, they’ve got a cracking forward line but otherwise.. it’s a vulnerable team on paper.

Their defence is paper thin with Milera the only guy to have played more than 25 games.

Their midfield is decent but we’ve beat up on crouch and laird before. Obviously Dawson is one of the best players in the comp at the moment.
I’m confident we can at least take it to them.

I’m bringing in Farrar for Hollands who can be sub. Just gives us more flexibility and reinforcement across the backline which I think we’ll need.

Other option is a shock move and bring in Caleb Graham. He plays on thilthorpe and Ballard on to Fogarty. I would be ok with this too..

B: Michalanney, Borlase, Keane
F: Rosas—-— King —-Casboult

HB: Nankervis, Worrell, Milera
HF: Ainsworth Lukosius Holman

C: Jones, Dawson, Hinge
C: Ellis — Miller — Atkins

HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
HB: Powell Collins Macpherson

F: Fogarty, Thilthorpe, McAdam
FB: Farrar — Ballard — Andrew

R: O'Brien, Rachele, Laird
R: Witts — Anderson — Rowell

I: Smith, Crouch, Schoenberg, Soligo
I: Flanders, Swallow, Lemmens, Humphrey

S: Hollands

This is the consensus Adelaide side (below)

On paper, they’ve got a cracking forward line but otherwise.. it’s a vulnerable team on paper.

Their defence is paper thin with Milera the only guy to have played more than 25 games.

Their midfield is decent but we’ve beat up on crouch and laird before. Obviously Dawson is one of the best players in the comp at the moment.
I’m confident we can at least take it to them.

I’m bringing in Farrar for Hollands who can be sub. Just gives us more flexibility and reinforcement across the backline which I think we’ll need.

Other option is a shock move and bring in Caleb Graham. He plays on thilthorpe and Ballard on to Fogarty. I would be ok with this too..

B: Michalanney, Borlase, Keane
F: Rosas—-— King —-Casboult

HB: Nankervis, Worrell, Milera
HF: Ainsworth Lukosius Holman

C: Jones, Dawson, Hinge
C: Ellis — Miller — Atkins

HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
HB: Powell Collins Macpherson

F: Fogarty, Thilthorpe, McAdam
FB: Farrar — Ballard — Andrew

R: O'Brien, Rachele, Laird
R: Witts — Anderson — Rowell

I: Smith, Crouch, Schoenberg, Soligo
I: Flanders, Swallow, Lemmens, Humphrey

S: Hollands

Embarassing if we can’t beat that backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspended or not, what a joke of a process. AFL clears him, the hypocrite Zorko whines like a b*tch in the media, we train with him in the side all week, the AFL changes their mind and suspends him an hour before teams are due.
Disgraceful and that little turd Zorko thought he was booed in Melbourne a lot after the Petty incident.
The crowds will go nuclear on him now. He's going to cop it big time.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

In other news, I’m excited to see Farrar in and potentially playing further up the ground. Lit up the stadium when he came on last week and I still think he can best serve us as an attacking winger who can also track all the way back and play a defensive role.

Gives us options to free up Powell and Atkins as well.

The original tackle was completely fine.
He was literally flinging around him trying to grab on when first making contact with his groin.

Whether he went on with it after the tackle was complete and they were on the ground.. only Touk is really going to know.

Pretty disappointed in the fact that it severely reduces any chance we had of winning.

Dorko and that whole team he is a “ leader” of are a total disgrace
Embarrassment to professional sport in this country
Sniping peahearted front runners the lot of them
Dorko will want to find a place to live North of Coomera because he’ll find living on the Coast a difficult proposition after this
What a sad little lack of talent tosser he is

Funny thing is that Zorko did not appear in any pain and discomfort after tackle as he claimed to AFL now. The original medical report was clear. Bruises he claimed on Mon could come from any contacts during the game or whatever he did after the game :). If Miller was allowed appeal, I can't see any chance to prove it was intentional. The worst would probably be careless and fine.

What a sore looser Zorko is. He went on SEN radio on Wed and whinged again.

AFL process is a comedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back