Game Day Round 21 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:30pm Saturday 03/08 #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point being, I have never seen Cripps play a bad game against the pies. On most occassions he is the difference. If you nulify him, the rest of the flock are clueless and lost. We have a much better chance of winning.

He's only 3-12 against us in his career.

I feel like for all of the Schultz knockers, and in spite of all of Schultz’ defensive pressure, because we still suck anyway, it must be due to him and not the rest of the team.
And it won’t matter how old Ginnivan gets, he just won’t provide what Schultz can.
Keep in mind, Ginny was contracted this year. He wanted to go to the Hawks and we didn’t fight to keep somebody who was struggling to conform and didn’t want to be here.
👍👍👍👏👏👏👏

We'd have to be wary of being too tall in wet conditions taking all of Cox, Cameron, McStay and Kreuger into the game.

It's supposed to be dry all week and then rain Saturday.

We've already had issues with the ball coming out of our F50 the last month, taking Kreuger, McStay and a resting Cox into the forward 50 on a wet night might exacerbate that issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krueger meant to be our CHF; whatever that entails. Will kick at least 2 from that position. Pays his way minimum.

Not sure I agree on Long

I like what I’ve seen so far and he can only get better with more experience and support around him

He also needs to be given the right role which I don’t think we’ve been doing thus far

He’s a 194cm inside mid. Like…use him in that role.

He’s our potential wish.com version of Cripps.

Why not send him to lock down on Cripps next week? He’s certainly got the physical stature to go toe to toe with him
Cripps gathers damaging possessions rather than lay tackles. Surely we want a midfielder who wins the pill and causes damage with his possessions? Tom Mitchell lays tackles and also wins the pill multiple times.

Did they impact the game? I often notice when a player is laying effective tackles. I can't recall a turnover caused by one of his tackles or tackles which in some way impacted the game. Ten effective possessions might be more valuable next time.
Personally I wish more of our players would tackle. It's the one thing that has been glaringly missing from our game this year. Imo.

And if Long was tagging a midfielder, and stopped him by tackling. Great. Keep it up, I say.

Personally I wish more of our players would tackle. It's the one thing that has been glaringly missing from our game this year. Imo.

And if Long was tagging a midfielder, and stopped him by tackling. Great. Keep it up, I say.
Fair comment, tackle numbers have been down in our recent losses.

Tackle first attack second, or tackle win ball then attack. Too many players keeping their feet and hoping somebody else will do the team thing and kill the ball…breaking forward early with our poor skill execution doesn’t help either…makes it hard to tackle when you aren’t in the right spot.

I think everything falls into place if you do the fundamentals right, tackle hard and pressure harder. Ensures you aren’t getting ahead of the contest…will be pretty disappointed if haven’t got Carlton in tears by half time…pressure levels need to be extreme.

Ironically, we are playing for Pendles this week…he’s probably the chief offender. You want him on the outside receiving the ball, but when’s it’s your turn to win it or kill it you have to go. Recognise he has an arm issue, but I feel it’s been his approach for a while.

Fair comment, tackle numbers have been down in our recent losses.

Tackle first attack second, or tackle win ball then attack. Too many players keeping their feet and hoping somebody else will do the team thing and kill the ball…breaking forward early with our poor skill execution doesn’t help either…makes it hard to tackle when you aren’t in the right spot.

I think everything falls into place if you do the fundamentals right, tackle hard and pressure harder. Ensures you aren’t getting ahead of the contest…will be pretty disappointed if haven’t got Carlton in tears by half time…pressure levels need to be extreme.

Ironically, we are playing for Pendles this week…he’s probably the chief offender. You want him on the outside receiving the ball, but when’s it’s your turn to win it or kill it you have to go. Recognise he has an arm issue, but I feel it’s been his approach for a while.
When Fly put them on notice about their lack of pressure, intensity & tackling, I think after the Saints game..they turned things around.

But since the bye, it's just dropped off again.

I miss our gang tackling 🥺

After this racism blow I think we as pies fans need to band together even harder and show extra love and support to Pendlebury and the playing group this week. Let's show them the fans are side by side with the players at training. A march to the G would also be a great idea! Let's hope we see some great Pendlebury banners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back