Game Day Round 21 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:30pm Saturday 03/08 #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every one of us on here discusses this exact thing yeah?
I’m quite sure the same discussions happen within the club.
This year, we have no draft picks to draft a decent kid as a KPF.
Free agency is another avenue but I’m not sure there’s any around this year but correct me if I’m wrong.
This may not be a need we can fill this year. It’s a frustration we all share.
We'll need one for the future, but McStay and Mihocek are a great value combination.

Every one of us on here discusses this exact thing yeah?
I’m quite sure the same discussions happen within the club.
This year, we have no draft picks to draft a decent kid as a KPF.
Free agency is another avenue but I’m not sure there’s any around this year but correct me if I’m wrong.
This may not be a need we can fill this year. It’s a frustration we all share.
True. Forget the 1st. They just refuse to draft anyone. Possibly a strategy. In that the games going smaller and faster. And with head knocks you can't afford big clunky guys. But then why all the rucks?
Anyway I reckon 1 tall 1 resting tall to keep weitering busy and the 4 smalls get it done Saturday.

I was responding to a post. God forbid anyone has a different opinion to the ****ing cult this board is becoming.
*ing debate if you think my opinion is shit rather than calling me a smock whatever the * that is
Do you honestly think you’re the only poster who everyone else disagrees with?
Every time I state my opinion, I’m met with the same response - some agree with me and some disagree with me.
It’s impossible to please everyone so just argue your point back without calling everyone a dickhead.

True. Forget the 1st. They just refuse to draft anyone. Possibly a strategy. In that the games going smaller and faster. And with head knocks you can't afford big clunky guys. But then why all the rucks?
Anyway I reckon 1 tall 1 resting tall to keep weitering busy and the 4 smalls get it done Saturday.
We have to get it done for Pendles.

For weeks I’ve been fantasising about us winning and Pendles selling candy whilst kicking the sealer. It’s sad that this feels like our ‘Grand Final” but I don’t even care. Dent Carlton’s top 4 chances and give Pendles the win he deserves please.

For weeks I’ve been fantasising about us winning and Pendles selling candy whilst kicking the sealer. It’s sad that this feels like our ‘Grand Final” but I don’t even care. Dent Carlton’s top 4 chances and give Pendles the win he deserves please.
Take a gander at the Blues board.
Equally, they are fantasising about ruining Pendles 400th and eliminating the Pies for 2024.
That said, they know what’s coming this week and that it’s a certainty we get up for our GOAT.

Lose this game and it is definitely curtains on our season. Every game is a must win from here.

3/4 wins gets us to 52 points and we'd have to pray on a lot of other results going our way.

Win all our remaining games and we end up on 56 points which should sneak us into the bottom part of the 8 - we'd still need a sniff on percentage which isn't great.

Let's see how hungry the boys are.
Would be an absolute Fairy Tale and I reckon the biggest comeback of all time (without fine combing the shadows of History).

But we’d have to win the next 8 games in a row to guarantee we go Back to Back.

Would be great. Realistically won’t happen.

Just wasn’t our year (pre-empting missing finals or bowing out quickly if we make it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long will be important this week against Carlton IMO - wouldn’t be dropping him personally. We’ve seen the blueprint against Carlton is stopping Cripps and Walsh wheeling from stoppage, we’ll need Long’s size and tackling ability to quell them. Drew and Wines (10 and 12 tackles respectively) were so vital on Friday night against Carlton on limiting the chances they get to freely exit stoppages and get the ball moving dangerously.
You’re not wrong, if Daicos is getting 42. Long and the other VFL players aren’t doing too badly, blocking and making space for Daics. Good pount re. Cripps, could be a good chance to tag him.

More likely we will need to win all 4. Even then have to rely on other results given our percentage. The games today guaranteed that. Didn't help us at all

How many more wins do they need to play finals? Small chance they’re safe with three, definitely safe with four

Look, they’re in the hunt mathematically, especially if they only need 12 wins to make the eight (which would require quite a few teams falling over). But realistically they’ll need 13 and probably a good percentage too - this current version of Collingwood doesn’t have the latter and, unless it beats two top-four teams, won’t have the former.

It's certainly a race to the line. Hopefully we can knock off the Blues and continue their slide. Even Freo and Port have a tough run home. We really want the Dogs and Hawks to drop a game or two.

What s wrong with barracking and wanting the team to win? Read the board today and the last 10 years. My opinions are some of the most tame. I don't think Schultz is best 22 and I think mcstays deal is very very risky.
I also reckon season is alive.
And I've given my opinion on the side same as anyone else
McStay was a free agent, meaning he will be a free agent when he is next out of contract. If he was out of contract now, we'd have to give him more than the 3 years at 600,000 that he has left - if the reports were accurate. It was an excellent contract.

Dean’s been good and on course. He just needs games.

I honestly don’t understand the posters writing him off.

It’s hard for him to improve and be consistent when he’s out of the team so often and only gets one game.

I’m sure if he had a string of games it would boost his confidence and help him grow and learn as a defender

What s wrong with barracking and wanting the team to win? Read the board today and the last 10 years. My opinions are some of the most tame. I don't think Schultz is best 22 and I think mcstays deal is very very risky.
I also reckon season is alive.
And I've given my opinion on the side same as anyone else

Totally agree on Schultz. I doubt he'd still be in the side if we hadn't paid such a ridiculous price for him.

McStay I was unsure on when we did the deal but was willing to give the Football Department the benefit of the doubt and I'm fine with the McStay deal.

Last finals series we saw exactly why we got McStay but the poor bastard hasn't had a chance to really have a run.

Dude barely got injured at Brisbane and suddenly becomes injury prone at Collingwood. Typical. I'm completely ok with McStay. I reckon he and Kreuger can be a good combo going forward. Both players just need a consistent run at it.

3 will get it done. 4 a home final.
From there luck of the draw and match ups
I don't know about that - I think we need all four. We are two games out of 8th spot right now (and 8th is the only one we can realistically achieve). So if any of the four teams above us competing for 8th spot just win 3 of the last four, we are toast.

Totally agree on Schultz. I doubt he'd still be in the side if we hadn't paid such a ridiculous price for him.

McStay I was unsure on when we did the deal but was willing to give the Football Department the benefit of the doubt and I'm fine with the McStay deal.

Last finals series we saw exactly why we got McStay but the poor bastard hasn't had a chance to really have a run.

Dude barely got injured at Brisbane and suddenly becomes injury prone at Collingwood. Typical. I'm completely ok with McStay. I reckon he and Kreuger can be a good combo going forward. Both players just need a consistent run at it.
Crazy to say Schutz would not be in the team if not for the trade deal signed off
Shows a lack of understanding of the role we want our forwards to play

I'm not having a go at mcstay. But that deal was insane. Unless you think the Grundy and treloar deals were good management
All I know is we have just come through a period of 6 years in which we played in two grand finals and 4 preliminary finals with what some claim is a poor list with no KP players. Not bad.

How would Long go tagging Cripps. I feel this would help free up others a bit more which would help while we are down on numbers in the middle.

Crazy to say Schutz would not be in the team if not for the trade deal signed off
Shows a lack of understanding of the role we want our forwards to play
Been our best all round forward this year. It's close between him and Bobby but he has just been a bit better defensively. The fact some can't see this is just ignorant. He has been slowly getting better as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back