Autopsy Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting Gres kicks a few and Clark is the scapegoat today.
Thought Gres was as bad as ever, his disposal was as terrible as ever, except he kick some goals.
Nice of Butts and Higgo have a day off against their old team. In saying that nice to see us kick fourteen without them contributing.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

NWM - Had me thinking future brownlow winner. He is not far off being a star of the game.
Ross - We are a better side when he is fit and firing. I felt like he set an example too early on for those around him the intensity required.
Gresham - Got a rocket this week? Pressure level looked a level above his general standards. If only it could stay this way.
Cordy - Safe in defence. I like safe.
Owens - Things he can do already... Can't wait to see him again after another pre season.

Similar game to last week, it's just that Richmond are far off Carltons pace at the moment. We finished in same manner which is bad. On the plus side the teams better football is as good as anyone right now.

Cordy was good today, even if Howard is fit to play next week, I would stick with Cordy.

Our defence looks better without Dougal's brain fades costing us goals.
Cameron is in the hottest of form, can Cordy match it with him though,? Doogs has done well on him in the past.

Thought Gres was as bad as ever, his disposal was as terrible as ever, except he kick some goals.
Nice of Butts and Higgo have a day off against their old team. In saying that nice to see us kick fourteen without them contributing.

Pretty tough on him, if we can find a player better than 22 and 3 snags I’d be stoked, but that’s unlikely.

Might have been my mind playing tricks on me, but Clarke looked to grab at his left hammy / glute going through the center pretty early on.
Worked hard got 5 possessions 4 tackles and presented enough to have have had 10+ imo. Robert Harvey looked gassed all the time yet still managed to cover big distances and get to contests. I’ve posted the stats on Clark from 2020 and he was our number 1 for distance covered and compared well with the leaders at other sides.

Doesn't get a pass from me today, either.

Fortune contributed to his stats today.

Might have been my mind playing tricks on me, but Clarke looked to grab at his left hammy / glute going through the center pretty early on.
I thought his knee, had a slight limp after when jogging, but appeared ok in middle of pack about 5 min. later

I thought his knee, had a slight limp after when jogging, but appeared ok in middle of pack about 5 min. later
Yeah, was just before he fell and turned over all on his own.

Think it was the second center bounce after he won the clearance against Martin to start the quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game and should get some much needed confidence.

But FMD he needs to get moving on the defensive side of his game. Is basically a lamp post once the opposition has posession.

I looked up his stats - 62 tackles in 68 games. By comparison Naughton has 335 in 120 games and Lynch 225 in about 140.

Max really needs to work harder at times. Good teams will exploit him.

Cannot agree more, it's so noticeable watching the games on broadcast

Hunter Clark is useless. Weak and every kick grubs along the ground.

Any chance Coffield can come back next week? He could give us some great drive off half back Sam Fisher style.

Good win but obviously few things to polish up. Last quarter lacked polish but sure boys were spent. Hopefully we can drop the fats and seal our spot. Go Saints!!!!

I reckon Gresham has been better for about a month. He had maybe 3 poor kicks that turned over out of 22 touches and 3.1. Sometimes you are primed to see someones bad side. I reckon Sinclair had about three shockers today as did Nas. If we get that out of Gresham every week we probably make finals.

Butts and Higgins were terrible. Particularly Butts. Can't remember him winning one contest. Overall it was a very even performance and our rebound game was as good as it's been all year.

Jade roof it Gresham.

One day the ball will come back with ice on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back