Autopsy Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Remove this Banner Ad

NWM - Had me thinking future brownlow winner. He is not far off being a star of the game.
Ross - We are a better side when he is fit and firing. I felt like he set an example too early on for those around him the intensity required.
Gresham - Got a rocket this week? Pressure level looked a level above his general standards. If only it could stay this way.
Cordy - Safe in defence. I like safe.
Owens - Things he can do already... Can't wait to see him again after another pre season.

Similar game to last week, it's just that Richmond are far off Carltons pace at the moment. We finished in same manner which is bad. On the plus side the teams better football is as good as anyone right now.
To me, we put the game on ice. Why bother going for the jugular when the 4 points are banked?

An important win - but gees we are a mentally soft team! If this group want to play finals they need to win one of the next two games. So you would think the club would want to take some real momentum into next week and grind Richmond into the ground. Instead they went back into their shell and cruised like they do when things arent going their way. There are far too many players who are not prepared to work hard enough for 120 minutes in games.
Unreal stuff

I would still have Billings over Clark as sub personally. Not a star, but he is s nice kick, and covers the ground well.

Clark looks proppy. Not the most athletic bloke at the best of times, but looked so slow today. Doesn't look 100% right.

I think we were worried about losing the midfield this week.

Yeh Geelong had a 200cm kid in the goalsquare on Friday. Cordy is well positioned to play on him.

Given Geelongs forward line I wouldn’t hate Battle on Cameron, he’ll like have a couple kicked on him but he’ll also scrag and scrap all game. If Wilkie has Rohan or Henry as his opponent he’ll have a ****ing day out.

Yeh Geelong had a 200cm kid in the goalsquare on Friday. Cordy is well positioned to play on him.

Given Geelongs forward line I wouldn’t hate Battle on Cameron, he’ll like have a couple kicked on him but he’ll also scrag and scrap all game. If Wilkie has Rohan or Henry as his opponent he’ll have a ******* day out.

Rohan looked done on Friday night.

Was destroyed in the running early preseason, was 20 metres behind in all drills. Looked aerobically unfit AF.
Must have put in because by end of preseason he was back with the pack.

Like to single out some of our lesser lights.
Stocker, Wood and Titanic.
Stocker is a beautiful user off halfback, he also has a bit of mongrel.in him as well. One of his best games.
Always liked Wood at North but has been terrific on the wing for us and was very good again today
Sharman continues to improve and his gield kicking into the 50 is second to none.

Also Hill has improved his defensive game this season.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Ross must of loved Sharmans performance so much he subbed him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So GWS look like their percentage is going to take a whack and we've got about 8% on Essendon. They both play each other next week but then the week after Essendon play Collingwood and GWS play Carlton. So one of them can only win 1 more game, and there's a decent chance they both only win 1 more game, meaning outside of a drubbing on our end we could still lose the next 2 and scrape home on percentage.

The Cats and the Dogs also play each other in round 23, so neither one of them can win the next 2. Ideal scenario we beat the Cats next week (playing them at Marvel not down at GMHBABCEDFG) and they beat the Dogs.

The Cats, Dogs and Swans seem like our most likely top 8 competitors, I think GWS and Essendon are kind of cooked now with percentage taken into account.

Clearly well played well tonight....but Richmond were absolutely woeful. Take the 4, the percentage and the confidence boost though.....

Intrigued to see what RTB does with Clark and Membrey for the rest of year. Clark can barely run out at quarter and skunk looks miles off it. He'll be better for the run but at 30 with a degenerative knee, he looks like he's lost a yard and a bit of his spring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2023: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIE'S MATCH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back