Review Round 22,2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. GWS

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We've seen this loss before. Miss easy shots early, get stresses, start fumbling and the misses and fumbling cascade.

Sigh.

Joe and Charlie both missed what must be easy set shots in Q1. Would have started an improvement cascade.

Can't win one point at a time.

Unreal to think our season might derail because of a Charlie Cameron goal celebration

What can really be said? From the moment Charlie missed the sitter you just knew things were going to go bad. Kick the goal next time mate instead of going the flex, especially given your form in front of the sticks this year.

The coaches have been rightly lauded for our form the last 2 months, but whatever it is they were trying to do with Harris wasn’t it. We completely took away his strengths by our own accord. That wasn’t a good move.

Hopefully that doesn’t mentally screw the group, but it’s probably top 2 gone and if we lose 1 of the next 2 you’d assume top 4 could be in trouble too. Disappointing but the shit start to the year really gave us no room for poor kicking games like today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrating to say the least. I can’t believe how many players we have that are a 50/50 proposition directly in front. And the midfield group was pretty average after qtr time.

Joyce is a real issue. Don’t have much else though.

Bad kicking is bad football. Daniher was terrible today when it mattered. Just doesn’t dig deep enough when we really need leadership. Should have won that one. Hipwood back would help. Shallow entries inside 50 were too cute in the second quarter and cost us, because we let them back into the game.
I thought Starcevich, Lester, Ashcroft, Zorko and Berry were our best for mine.

What can really be said? From the moment Charlie missed the sitter you just knew things were going to go bad. Kick the goal next time mate instead of going the flex, especially given your form in front of the sticks this year.

The coaches have been rightly lauded for our form the last 2 months, but whatever it is they were trying to do with Harris wasn’t it. We completely took away his strengths by our own accord. That wasn’t a good move.

Hopefully that doesn’t mentally screw the group, but it’s probably top 2 gone and if we lose 1 of the next 2 you’d assume top 4 could be in trouble too. Disappointing but the shit start to the year really gave us no room for poor kicking games like today.
Harris can’t do much when his fellow KPD is a liability

Fagan will point to the stats and say you don't lose often when with those numbers and he wouldn't be wrong in doing so. Except this is not the first or second time it's happened.

I'd rather we lost by being comprehensively beaten but the truth is we were the better team. The better team for 80% of the day, the better team around the ground and should have won. The expected scores result on twitter is going to be horrific to look at. The reality is we were better and lost, that's just a bitter pill to swallow.

We did a lot right today, the 1st quarter was incredible and we should have been 40-50 points in front. While we started slow in the second, we responded and got the game back on even terms which lasted until the 4th. Then we just got ran over at the end when we should have been 30 points up.

I actually thought a lot of players played well today, that's the harrowing aspect. Usually in a loss you can point to a lot of the team struggling but in reality it was only a select few who were quite poor today.

Bad kicking is bad football and we did a lot of that today unfortunately. While this game will be the catalyst of us losing Top 2, it's probably more to do with our 2-5 start catching up to us.

Bad kicking for goal was the problem obviously . Was disappointed that Oscar wasn't take to able advantage of his match up, I think Smith actually did better on the ruck than he did. Ah well, move on to next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22,2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. GWS

Back