Preview Round 22, 2024: Carlton v Hawthorn, Sun 11 August, 1.10pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As I've said I am a big fan of CJs but you have to call a spade a spade and right now CJ needs a spell at Box Hill to get his mojo back.
I know this is completely unintentional, but given the recent legal issues we have, I had to smirk. 😉

Saw Phillips was in Box Hill's best, so wonder if he'll be contention to help out with Carlton's talls? Thought he was pretty good in his one game against Port.

I'm with you i thought he did a reasonable job first up. Frost, Scrimshaw, Phillips, with Sicily sagging off floating in the D50.

Weddle can push up on the wing which would be a luxury. He can get caught out deep in D50 sometimes.

Are carlton pretending McGovern isn't concussed from the knee to the head that caused him to stumble and shank it out on the full?

If we play to our form and Carlton do the same it won’t matter who they put on the field, we’ll win comfortably.

Need to be very wary of them though, their scoring power is enormous and can win them games in 40 minutes. They’ve been average for 6 weeks, but they are still the team that flogged Geelong by 10 goals.

Last week’s loss could be their wake up moment, need a strong start to make them feel it wasn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been a read.

Don’t think people should be coming for Ward, one down game and had a couple good games before this. Will be backed in, Mackenzie needs another good performance at VFL level, like Ward did.

Morrison is close but I think CJ gets backed in, does Morrison come in as sub?

Mackenzie or Morrison may come in for Breust as sub.

Gunston may go out for Scaife or for an extra mid as sub.

Scaife for Dear (rested)?

Serong as an extra KPD?

A little to look at.

This has been a read.

Don’t think people should be coming for Ward, one down game and had a couple good games before this. Will be backed in, Mackenzie needs another good performance at VFL level, like Ward did.

Morrison is close but I think CJ gets backed in, does Morrison come in as sub?

Mackenzie or Morrison may come in for Breust as sub.

Gunston may go out for Scaife or for an extra mid as sub.

Scaife for Dear (rested)?

Serong as an extra KPD?

A little to look at.
Mackenzie over the last two weeks. He deserves a call up.

29 disposals(15 contested) 10 clearances and 32 disposals(12 contested) 5 clearances

Ward wasn’t great on the weekend, but was very good against Adelaide. CJ hasn’t done anything since he came into the side.
This, could go and quote 10 posts. Ward was great against Collingwood, 20 disposals with 10 score inv, and a similar game v Adelaide. His unrewarded running is class, he is able to play inside aswell which is still key in rotation, GWS game the midfielders ran out of steam. He had one off game against GWS without a CBA and people go mad to drop him. Wild.

Mackenzie over the last two weeks. He deserves a call up.

29 disposals(15 contested) 10 clearances and 32 disposals(12 contested) 5 clearances
Has been brilliant. But Ward was doing this stuff for months. He could come up and has earnt it but he also might not.

If you're looking for Scaife to do what Dear currently is (areial comtests and ground pressure) you'll be disappointed. He plays more like Gunston.
Scaife has a 50x better aerial game than Gunston.

His tank isn’t the greatest, his effort around the ball is good and uses his big frame. Crashes packs and is a genuine power forward.

So here it is then, the club I love up against the club I hate the most!! And it's basically a knockout final of sorts! For the first time this year, I'm not confident at all. The bluuz will throw everything at this and with better experienced players will be able to get this one over us. Hogan , Whitfield and Greene were the dangers going into the Giants game and they proved to be the difference! I see something similar playing out on the weekend.

What are we thinking the crowd will be this Sunday? Forecast is for a very pleasant 17C.

Could be a very good chance to break the records for a Hawks v Carlton Home and Away match (no idea what that is though).

I wouldn't be surprised if it pushes close to 90000.
Well they are selling standing room. I'm not sure why the club hasn't come out and said anything given it’s supposed to be a designed members game

Dick comment
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back