Preview Round 22, 2024: Carlton v Hawthorn, Sun 11 August, 1.10pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I think that's a very wide held ranking amongst Hawthorn supporters.

Personally I also detest the Bombers, I also begrudgingly respect the Cats but I've always had a soft spot for the Blues as my Grandfather used to support them so for me second on the list of hated teams is Collingwood (don't think I need to explain that one).
If you grew up in the inner Northern suburbs in the 80’s and 90’s, Carlton is on top of the hated list. Subsided for a couple decades but now hate is back. Nothing would make me happier than to end their chances of making the finals this year. Only thing that would come close is rain on friends European holidays while I’m stuck at work.

Essendon then Geelong for me though I have a begrudging respect for the Cats. Zero respect for the Bombers. So maybe Carlton are second as I have zero respect for them either.

I have no respect for them. Since 2007 both their supporters and their club have been self entitled morons. Through having Dank and co, the constant sooking, the ducking and such, they really are insufferable. It’s also their past culture as well. Sacking Ayres because of GAS not giving a crap, the 89 grand final where they deliberately tried to hurt our players, the sooking of the Neville Bruhns incident among others.

So nope, I have no respect for them, they are just half a rung from the scum.

I personally know too many loud mouth arrogant supporters who have been in hiding for twenty years telling me they don't watch or care about footy, especially in our threepeat years but everytime they win a couple of games in a row, you won't hear or get more obnoxious, self entitled, big headed, loud supporter group, I hope it never happens but just you wait till they win a premiership!!! You'll see that pies, tigers etc.. supporter bases are actually lot better than them. Let's hope though, that Carlton just die, shall we!!! 😆.

They will. They have been irrelevant for a long time. Can’t see it changing soon.

I have no respect for them. Since 2007 both their supporters and their club have been self entitled morons. Through having Dank and co, the constant sooking, the ducking and such, they really are insufferable. It’s also their past culture as well. Sacking Ayres because of GAS not giving a crap, the 89 grand final where they deliberately tried to hurt our players, the sooking of the Neville Bruhns incident among others.

1723026586413.gif

We need Finn to become a permanent fixture in the 22. Nash has been good at blanketing mids but we need another tough physical body in the side that can physically hurt the opposition.
For me I want Finn playing half forward interchanging with Moore or MacDonald as a HHF. The lad is finding the goals, can blanket a player like Toby Green or Whatfield, pinch hit in the middle or take out a half back oppo player like a Saad. He could be our everywhere man. Plus has the tank to go all day. Finn is busting his arse to be relevant to our footy team. Bleeding Brown and Gold.

Yep it’s the handbaggers for me and I am old ! Lived thru every flag since ‘61. I hate the cats. There I fell better already.
The Bombers and the Blues are irrelevant in comparison. The rest I hate because they are the enemy. But I have a special place for Geelong, it wouldn’t be very PC of me to say where but it is south of my glutes!

Yep it’s the handbaggers for me and I am old ! Lived thru every flag since ‘61. I hate the cats. There I fell better already.
The Bombers and the Blues are irrelevant in comparison. The rest I hate because they are the enemy. But I have a special place for Geelong, it wouldn’t be very PC of me to say where but it is south of my glutes!

So in layman’s terms just a stain on well used public toilet bowl!

Weddle v Curnow will be a ripper.

Their small defenders v our small fwds is just as fascinating. Good luck to them.
Carlton's small defenders and small fwds are worse than GWS'. I thought those two roles have been big strengths of ours in this run but were a bit nullified on the weekend (except maybe Amon). But guys like Impey, Amon, Ginni. Croc could all have big games

God I hope we bounce back and bounce back hard. I'm not so stressed about missing finals if we do, but I'd hate to go out of our final two "really important" game with whimpers. I wouldn't know what to think going into next year!

Weddle v Curnow will be a ripper.

Their small defenders v our small fwds is just as fascinating. Good luck to them.
Would prefer Frost on Curnow. I just don't have the confidence in Weddle as a lock down defender, doesn't play the percentages for mine and usually takes a while to get going.
Think he is better suited up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward on the weekend didn't impact in fourth when we needed him too. Is bruest carrying an injury? Looks stiff and sore.
Out- ward, bruest.
In-mackenzie, Morrison
Finn very unlucky to miss out box hill boys doing really well this year.
Ward had zero CBAs.

His impact as a winger when the ball is being played ping pong is a hard one. Same as to why Jiath was poor all game and Massimo faded in the last.

I heard from a guy on X who is always watching closely both gamedays, trainings and such, and is apart of Hawks insiders. That Ward was also running with Finn Callaghan who didn’t have an impact. Whilst I didn’t see it myself a lot, they played on the same wing a fair amount.

But people charging for his omission after a poor game where he was joined by many despite his two prior being good games is an odd attempt.

He may or may not but the clear want for him out is intriguing to say the least.

Would prefer Frost on Curnow. I just don't have the confidence in Weddle as a lock down defender, doesn't play the percentages for mine and usually takes a while to get going.
Think he is better suited up the ground.
Frost will play deepest and Weddle with whoever plays higher. Scrimshaw floating between the two.

It’s simple.

Frost and Weddle playing on McKay and Curnow is interesting. Who does our clear best CHB in Scrimshaw go to?

He hasn’t really played the spare back role much all year, not sure this week against the team with two Coleman medal winners is the week for it.

Sis and Weddle are more likely to be the floaters. They don’t have a third tall, Weddle could go to Martin and play off him. Martin is not going to chase him.

Carlton’s small forwards aren’t completely horrible. A few are more pressure than skill but are quick, but hollands, Martin, Williams (if fit) can kick goals. Risk we go too focused on the talls.

Been thinking about the team a lot this week. The only option if we want to win the game is this:

In: McKenzie; Maginess
Out: Ward; Gunston.

No point having a run with player between the arcs that can’t hurt the opposition the other way. May as well bring back Hartung or Scully if that what we want. We have Ambrosio and CJ between the arcs. Mackenzie can chop out.

Gunstons game was great last week but we need more pressure to hold the footy in our 50 once it gets there. Obviously Mackenzie and Maginesss can rotate through the middle and Maginess can use his tagging/pressure skills up forward. Mackenzies clever ball use and field positioning causes headaches up forward for the oppo, especially in tandem with Croc.

Physicality at the contest and solid rotations on the ball will be the difference this week. And if the ball enters our 50 it has to stay in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back