Preview Round 22, 2024: Carlton v Hawthorn, Sun 11 August, 1.10pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't usually get too hung up over selection, but dropping Ward annoys me. Getting the boot over one bad game is pretty piss poor, especially when everyone else gets a free pass for bad games. I feel he can be a very good player for us and this kind of shit only hurts his development.

Maybe there were specific game instructions he just didn't follow, rather than just poor form, that caused the ommission...?
Agree with you I'd love for him to get a solid run at it.
Unlike others, reckon his left peg and quick direct attacking style is a strong trait and not vanilla at all.

It's all patterns of play and knowing exactly where he's going to find the ball or be included in a chain that will make the difference for Wardy. Don't think he gets settled enough in a role to get used to being in the right spots often enough and he's not instinctive enough to find it while getting shifted around the ground.

If Curnow plays, which I think he will, we will be in a bit of trouble against the tall forwards. We couldn’t contain Hogan last week, now we are against two very good key Fs.

Serong for CJ would’ve made sense imo

Interesting who goes where.

I would normally say Sic will take the deepest fws but he is playing with 1 shoulder.

Frost on Curnow. Scrimshaw on McKay?

Weddle would be my pick to play the highest up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just can't concede the same amount of inside 50s as we did last week. We've been consistent all year, great at keeping it out, average when it gets in. Could get ugly if Curnow and Mckay get enough supply. That's not a slight on our boys just the reality. Luckily we've been great at winning it in the middle since Day has been back.

Hopefully our boys in the middle dig in. Cam in for Ward is the right call. Right now just has that extra bit of class. I still think Ward makes it long term though.

more changes on the day?

I’m crossing my fingers and toes for Curnow bring a late out. Scrimshaw on McKay scares me. He isn’t strong enough for a body like that. They’re going to need to play frost on him with Sicily dropping back also.

Really? I've never questioned his appetite for the contest, i'm more concerned with his low disposal count overall. Not quite sure why so many bang on about this, don't think he is soft at all.

There were a few times last weekend when it was his turn to 'go' and he hesitated and got to the contest late which he lost. That was a big no-no under Clarko.

But he isn't alone.

It’s not as though his form doesn’t warrant a game. Has played well when given the chance and for mine has been our best sub this year.
Agree. After watching every BH game this year he’s been consistently deserving. Comment wasn’t about an individual tho

Getting closer to Sunday’s contest, it was only chatting to a Carlton mate about the game & something he said which filled me with a lot of confidence (more than I have had all week honestly).

Obviously watching the Hawks and loving them every week, I am one to kind of get swept up in it, but taking small step back and taking the emotion away.

Since Round 8, we’ve lost 3 games and 2 of them have been a total of 3 points. We were the last team to defeat Brisbane & we’ve beaten some good opposition.

It beyond stacks up & when objectively looking at Carlton’s form in comparison, we should be going into Sunday knowing we’re every bit of even money against last years Prelim Finalists.

Bring it on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back