Game Day Round 22, 2024: Carlton v Hawthorn, Sun 11 August, 1.10pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haha just trying to work out what time to leave to get a decent seat. 90,000 and it's bit of shit fight, where 70,000 makes things much more relaxed
Still a reasonable amount of walk up GA available

Nerves are hitting now
CMON BOYS GET IT DONE
Fight Battle GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been to a few Blues v Hawks games live the last few years and it's usually been Wietering, Saad and Walsh who have cut us up.

Weitering in particular is a problem as whoever he plays on in our forward line (Dear, Gunston,next) he will have a big strength advantage so we should be wary of his presence when directing ball to his opponent.
He will go to Dear as he will view him as the least threatening of our forwards so he can wander around intercepting. Gunners goes to him forcing him away from Dear as much as possible, even if all he does is make dummy leads to get him out of the area. We need to isolate Chol/McGovern and Dear/Kemp. Those 2 can cause problems without Weitering around to support.

I don't usually like playing a forward in a negating role but today is probably one of those times when it is necessary.

I would use Gunners in that role as he has shown the ability to keep a key back accountable as he still has the smarts and ability to get loose and kick multiple goals.
This is the play. Id be pushing Chol up a bit too where he can use his athleticism. If we can force their talls out from where they need to be our smalls will cause serious damage if we bring it to ground often enough.

Sorry for CJ and hope he recovers quickly.

Harry is very reliable and will be trying his heart out. Has been in terrific form in the VFL so I'm happy to see him coming in.
We may lose a bit of speed across the ground but Harry gets into good spots regularly and is a smart footballer. He's also in ripping form. Knows the system and structure it shouldn't affect us too much.

Haha just trying to work out what time to leave to get a decent seat. 90,000 and it's bit of shit fight, where 70,000 makes things much more relaxed
Tried booking tickets on Thursday and member replacement seats were exhausted, as was GA. Should have just done a walk up, but will watch on Kayo instead. What a perfect day. Hope Hawks are switched on from the start and can deliver us a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back