Game Day Round 22, 2024: Carlton v Hawthorn, Sun 11 August, 1.10pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great individual performances so far
  • Ginni's been hiding those guns during the winter. He's looking strong and playing more like that. Decision making improved a lot that quarter
  • Watson really good in traffic through the corridor
  • Dear - everything he touches, it just happens around him
  • Chol, aside from a bad miss - taking some marks and it just makes Weitering have to play defensively
  • Newcombe and Nash playing so strong in the air and on the ground

Scrimmers pinpoint accurate torp to Gunston just changed the game.

We aren’t in position to take the foot off the gas. Get the % up and belt the day lights out of them. They look out on their feet completely, chasing tail all day isn’t easy
There will be no let up. If the margin gets close it would be because Carlton have lifted their game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great first half.

I was at Manuka Oval a week ago though, so no chicken counting is going on.
That's fair, but I think GWS looked pretty good in large parts of that game, despite us being up. Today, Carlton don't look nearly as good as they did. But yeh, need to keep going hard here.

Not getting carried away after last week.

It'll be tight. Real tight
I can't see Carlton getting back in it. They could get on us in the midfield and tall forwards but we are on top of them everywhere at the moment.

But more importantly, they have 3 players injured and out of the game, no sub boost coming for them. They were really struggling to run with us already. Lots of head wobble going on and us out numbering them.

What a great quarter and with them 3 down couldn’t possibly be run over again could we.

Exciting times for the Hawks but we have to just keep going with this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back