Round 22 (Grand Final) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2068 all out, I've had an absolute shit trick of a month. It was probably for the best I got knocked out of both of my cash leagues prelims last week.

I was just outside the top 500 five weeks ago and now will be lucky to be top 3000.

I'll be on the 2016 planning board. :cry::cry:

Edit: dropped down about 1000 places to 2976

2308, won $300 from my cash league! Even after jelwood spudding it up as one of my uniques.

Finished 16,282 overall. Not bad for my first year back after taking last year off. Thanks for the tips fellas!

Last edited:
2308, won $300 from my cash league! Even after jelwood spudding it up as one of my uniques.

Finished 16,282 overall. Not bad for my first year. Thanks for the tips fellas!

Still one round left for the overall.

LOL !!! Its nor like that aii !!

Seriously it was just strange that a predominantly US forum that Soccer Fans Network was where I might have possibly run into a fellow member of an old website i used to frequent........as i have said, he has a very unique username :D
Ha ha just havin a lend lol :p

Now 2041 overall. So stoked!

Even with such mistakes as

1. trading out cripps --> van berlo after rd 2
2. not starting with swan
3. trading out nicnat after 5 straight 70s in rd 7
4. flip flop sloane, rocky trades.
5. Choosing average rookies in Anderson, mason cox who didn't let me loophole shit, Dumont
6. Getting stuck with hamling, Pearce and lever and newnes in the midfield for months.

Successes
1. No Ablett at any point
2. Goldy from day 1
3. Sticking with newnes despite all negativity
4. Good captain choices 90% of time.

First year taking it seriously, here's to bigger and better things next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managed to win 2 my two main leagues which I'm pretty stoked about.

Yes I decided they were my two main leagues after I had won them :cool:

EDIT: You are all looking at the BF Div 17 champion though, no biggie. I'll be here answering questions for all the rookies and gerries out there

Managed to win 2 my two main leagues which I'm pretty stoked about.

Yes I decided they were my two main leagues after I had won them :cool:

EDIT: You are all looking at the BF Div 17 champion though, no biggie. I'll be here answering questions for all the rookies and gerries out there

That's lucky. I was going to ask Asho about strategies for quickly getting a finished team together. However he seems to have disappeared so I suppose you'll have to do.

That's lucky. I was going to ask Asho about strategies for quickly getting a finished team together. However he seems to have disappeared so I suppose you'll have to do.
Well I can't speak for Asho, as I was hardly top 1000 in the first week like he was, but from observing him, it seems you should ask the same question over and over again in different threads. Then the next day, repeat again, but this time bold and underline different words. Repeat until the end of the week, until you decide to do whatever people suggest you don't. It is important to ensure you use every trade every week though, as there is no way you will need them at the end of the year when players start getting injured

2233 and down 142 places to 3347.

My season has really gone off the rails in the last month and half, have dropped in rankings 6 straight weeks and went out in straight sets in every league :cry:.

Carnage of a round - Fyfe, Hodge, Mitchell all out with only 1 trade to use.

Gray, Swan, Martin, Selwood, McDonald, Gibson, Goddard, etc all putting up poor scores.

Yet somehow won the premiership in all leagues!! - including BigFooty Div 5 (funnily enough the bottom 8 runner up even scored more than me).

Dropped to 753rd overall.

Thanks to all who gave advice on here and those who shared Supercoach scores - couldn't have done it without you and you made the year great.

Can't tag on this device but special thanks to the regulars - Jiksa, TheOz, Gingy, hairy lasoo, big booootah, etc (and apologies as I probably asked for advice more than I gave).

See you all in 2016.

3 leagues, 3 GFs and 3 wins, including my cash league, $700 win!!

All despite 2301 this week, my worst score in weeks.

Currently 710th overall so lookin good to stay top 1000 for the first time :)

Well done mate - look like you crept past me right at the death.

I was 703rd last week (top 500 week before) and scored a paltry 2263 to drop to 753rd. Those 40 odd points has you in front. Be interesting to see what happens next week.

2233 and down 142 places to 3347.

My season has really gone off the rails in the last month and half, have dropped in rankings 6 straight weeks and went out in straight sets in every league :cry:.
I Liked this for your higher score than mine as I do with everyone, not because I take some morbid delight in your misfortune of late fwiw.:rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back