Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup
8120d7e60ffc68467a63e3123a58a5ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s maximum speed. What it doesn’t tell you is that it takes Long 5 minutes to get there.

Long was clocked inside the top 5 fastest players last night.
yeah, definitely think the app or algorithm or radar gun 'broke' after naming the top 3!!

Frampton wouldn't out-run his own shadow on a dark night

"No doubt they will come out breathing fire after the performance against Port."

I took that to mean you thought they'd play with more intensity next week.
Yes I expect they will come out with more intensity next week. I mean, It wouldn't be hard! Good teams do after they cop a humiliating hiding. They are a good team. If you expect them to not turn up again like they did against Port I'd say you're being very hopeful.
Expecting a response to a flogging is nothing to do with the effects of training loads. Two seperate lines of thought.

Not many peoples saying joey Richards to come in ..seems a bit forgotten

For me mcinnes replaces de goey
Bytel out for Richards
I also want Krueger in guess for long

To me it's one of Harrison/Krueger/Richards as sub, Lippa into the 22 for JDG and then toss a coin between Long and Sullivan

yeah, definitely think the app or algorithm or radar gun 'broke' after naming the top 3!!

Frampton wouldn't out-run his own shadow on a dark night
Billy is fast once he gets going - which can take a fair while - both due to reaction time and wind up time. Long is a massive surprise. I'm skeptical - possible error.

Billy is fast once he gets going - which can take a fair while - both due to reaction time and wind up time. Long is a massive surprise. I'm skeptical - possible error.
No error. Fast and can run all day. Still a kid.
As is our Edward.
I'd bring in Ed against Sydney.
I realise most of you don't think he's ready.

Inside midfielder that has played outside the last couple of VFL seasons.
In his breakout game last weekend he was played inside.
Bull

Yes I expect they will come out with more intensity next week. I mean, It wouldn't be hard! Good teams do after they cop a humiliating hiding. They are a good team. If you expect them to not turn up again like they did against Port I'd say you're being very hopeful.
Expecting a response to a flogging is nothing to do with the effects of training loads. Two seperate lines of thought.
They are either playing poorly due to increased training loads or they're not.

Not sure how that will be automatically rectified in one week.

You'd expect most top sides to have some sort of response after a flogging like that. Unless something else is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Perhaps they've been drinking their own bathwater, peaked too early, who knows at this point.

There's nothing predictable about this season.

To me it's one of Harrison/Krueger/Richards as sub, Lippa into the 22 for JDG and then toss a coin between Long and Sullivan
haven't watched the replay yet but how much time to JDG play forward vs on-ball?

if he played predominantly forward then i wouldn't mind either Kreugs or Reef replacing him as a forward (albeit SCG warrants consideration for playing all of Cox, McStay & Kreugs as forwards on smaller ground)

i would replace Bytel on a wing with either Lippa / HH / Richards or even Markov, with the latter offering flexibility to play high-back, allowing Josh to roll back onto a wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port’s marking forwards had a field day against Swans’ shaky defence. I think we need to follow that example and bring in Kreuger to really stretch them.

No doubt Sydney will be better at home but after their past month, they will be filled with self-doubt. If we bring Finals-like pressure and jump them early, the Swans wheels might just fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They are either playing poorly due to increased training loads or they're not.

Not sure how that will be automatically rectified in one week.

You'd expect most top sides to have some sort of response after a flogging like that. Unless something else is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Perhaps they've been drinking their own bathwater, peaked too early, who knows at this point.

There's nothing predictable about this season.
Confidence could have taken a real dent after the PA game.
At 71-0 and then to lose by 100 points could be telling.
I suspect PA tactics against them will be heavily scrutinized by Fly.

Confidence could have taken a real dent after the PA game.
At 71-0 and then to lose by 100 points could be telling.
I suspect PA tactics against them will be heavily scrutinized by Fly.
That's a super big confidence dent. Almost unheard of from a team sitting on top of the ladder at this stage of the season.

Personally, I don't think lack of confidence is their problem. I would have suggested it was 'over' confidence 🤪

haven't watched the replay yet but how much time to JDG play forward vs on-ball?

if he played predominantly forward then i wouldn't mind either Kreugs or Reef replacing him as a forward (albeit SCG warrants consideration for playing all of Cox, McStay & Kreugs as forwards on smaller ground)

i would replace Bytel on a wing with either Lippa / HH / Richards or even Markov, with the latter offering flexibility to play high-back, allowing Josh to roll back onto a wing
Jordy was mostly forward with some stints in the middle.

With Checkers out, we've had to play whe forward and he's been good, but without him on the outside and the form of Lippa, Markov, Noble we're a few runners short. Then JDG and Titch leave us an inside mid short.

It's all just deck chair shuffling really.

I think they'll just play the blokes most able to do the KMs and get to the right spots. Bytel and Long will probably hold their spots.

That's a super big confidence dent. Almost unheard of from a team sitting on top of the ladder at this stage of the season.

Personally, I don't think lack of confidence is their problem. I would have suggested it was 'over' confidence 🤪

That was a historically significant flogging.

"
Q - What is the biggest loss by a team on the top of the ladder?
A - In Round 13 1983 North Melbourne sitting in 1st spot lost to Fitzroy in 3rd by 150pts. North dropped to 3rd but ended up back on top at the end of the season, so this is also the biggest loss by a minor premier.
Q - When was the last time a team lost by 100pts on top of the ladder so late in the season?
A - The above game is the latest in a year this has happened so Sydney set a new record for biggest loss in the last few rounds by a team on top. The previous highest was 96pts when Geelong def Collingwood in Round 24 2011.
Q - What is the biggest loss by an eventual Premiership team?
A - Carlton in 1945 lost to Essendon by 100pts in Round 3 before going on to claim the flag. This means Sydney would break they record if they recovered to claim the 2024 Premiership.
Finally assuming Sydney don't drop out of the 8 this will be the 19th 100pt loss by a team who made finals. It will be the 9th highest. The last team to lose by 100+ in Round 21 and make finals was Essendon in 2019 by 104pts to the Western Bulldogs and we all know how that turned out.

"

1722745130874.png

Facebook link

No error. Fast and can run all day. Still a kid.
As is our Edward.
I'd bring in Ed against Sydney.
I realise most of you don't think he's ready.

Inside midfielder that has played outside the last couple of VFL seasons.
In his breakout game last weekend he was played inside.
Bull
He is so far from a 'bull' it isn't funny. He isn't a bash and crash, bottom of the pack type at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back