Game Day Round 23, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyons, Zorko, Robbo. These are all solvable problems but what do we do about Andrews? As the number one key defender he has really struggled all year.

if you think you're mentally on the f**king roopes right now....just gear yourself up for the reality of what kays before us in a forntibht. whern dusty martin and co knock us out first round of the god damn finals.

bring on preseason + ashcroft + buddy (?)

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not want to hear about ‘Melbournes pressure’ - we stood flat footed at the first bounce and just rolled over in every aspect of the game. This says nothing about Melbourne going forward (just like the last game), they will likely return to being average.

Might be the grittiest game I've seen Bailey play tonight, has really covered the ground, worked hard both way and has gone back with the flight a couple times, one really memorable one in front of May in the first half. One of the few that can hold his head up

How many are walking wounded?

We wouldn't know because the medicos allow them to play when they shouldn't be.

Could be the case tonight. JBerry a perfect example. Has probably stuffed up his ankle more than it would've been.

Also probably won't be able to walk on it when drugs wear off.

Andrews has been far from our worst defender tonight
Its another game where I'm not convinced it's our defence's fault. The problems are more up the field. The midfield and forwards are just slow and don't work hard enough.

Its been the same problem for a long time but we just refuse to change things

Other:
Zorko to give up the captaincy
A bigger emphasis on developing younger players in the senior team rather than reverting to the same old over and over again.
Andrews was our “captain in waiting”… but is this still the case? Either through a change in the way the ball is coming in, or through a big drop in his form this year, he’s not the player he was! Hopefully he’s been carrying something…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back