Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

It's 18 years and two weeks since we last beat Geelong by more than 5 goals.

Round 19 2005. Sammy Hamill 4 goals, 8 contested marks, 3 Brownlow votes. Dal 25 touches and a goal, 2 Brownlow votes. Rooey 3 goals.

Actually was that the game where Stevie Powell smashed Ling? Or was that a pre-season game?

I love you and him and everyone
happy homer simpson GIF

Love you too

Hang on a minute! It’s not guaranteed yet!

If we lose and Giants, Swans, Dogs win next week we’re out!
Don't Giants need to win by a bunch, and we have to lose by heaps to do so? I did the ladder predictor earlier and it seems like a 10 goal loss by us would cost us finals, but it doesn't seem likely.

Can smarter people than me give it a shot? It seems like that 98% chance of finals is still in play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't Giants need to win by a bunch, and we have to lose by heaps to do so? I did the ladder predictor earlier and it seems like a 10 goal loss by us would cost us finals, but it doesn't seem likely.

Can smarter people than me give it a shot? It seems like that 98% chance of finals is still in play.
Giants gain 1.6% and we lose 1.5% and they’re in and we’re out!

Can Carlton do us a favour for once!

I've tried doing the maths a few times, hard to work out exactly but basically needs either us or Carlton to collapse. If Hogan kicks 9 again then I reckon we might be in some trouble.

RTB keeping a lid on it in the presser, he's like us, it would have been nice to lock in finals, I don't think he would be much different though if we had.

We still have work to do either way and need to get better, Ross is all about the process and the results look after themselves.

That goal umpire at the Adelaide Oval can GAGF though, that was a goal, we were robbed, I'm sure that's what Ross wanted to say but can't say it.

We need to use that anger to fuel us for a win against Brisbane next week and lock in a finals spot, we don't have to rely on the umpires if we win.

Yep.

They took 4 points off us against Freo! They need to do the same

There was time to play for the Swans to win. Can't do that. Would need to replay it.

There was time to play for the Swans to win. Can't do that. Would need to replay it.
What I don’t understand, is if there’s a goal kicked and no review called, they still review it anyway. If it’s touched it gets called back.

I’d almost rather a soccer VAR penalty type situation where they can call it and bring it back if they realise the decision was wrong

Results have gone our way all year, I bet they go against us next week and Sydney will take our finals spot.
The AFL will be so chuffed.
Tin pot organisation.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We'll be right. I reckon we'll play finals. Carlton at home are a serious side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back