Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

If we base the odds simply off Sportsbet we are a 93%+ chance of finals.

In reality, I reckon it is probably a fair bit less. Cats at 1.49 is way too short against Dogs, as is 1.46 Blues v Giants.

I would put it closer to 80% personally. Still highly likely we play.

If we don't get in from here, I can actually stomach it. We showed up last night, and didn't sh*t the bed. This is something new. Performing under expectation has not happened for a decade.

Cordy doesn't look like he's going to trip over his own feet either.

Sent from my CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
You mean he doesn’t try baulk the man on the mark and do a 360 before kicking on his opposite foot and turning it over once a week?

The thing is, out of all the games we need to go our way, only our opponent has something to play for.

Brisbane are playing to 100% lock in a top 2 spot
Carlton will probably rest some against GWS
Chris Scott said in his presser that they will look to get guys into surgery asap so they will probably have a bunch of people out as well.

Incredible.
I don’t necessarily see it like that.

You don’t mess with form. When you have it as Carlton does. It’s like lightning in a bottle.

Melbourne similar.

They will go out to win. Because that’s what you need to do. Just churn out the wins.

For either clubs point of view, it’s a good tune up for finals with no repercussions if they do shit the bed. But they shouldn’t.

What about the moment in the last quarter when Geelong were getting on a bit of a run, Sincs with the absolute silk pick up in D50 and incredible delivery. At that moment I knew we couldn't lose.

Sincs is legitimately in the top ten players in the comp.
Would be awesome if he could drag his mate Billings into the upper echelon of league players next year😊

How good has Mason Wood been for the club?

An amazing recruit, not only for his onfield performances (one of the better wingmen in the comp), but also for the example he sets at the club.

Another 23 disposals and 11 marks tonight, and some clutch efforts when we needed them.

Thing with Wood too is that his form dropped a bit after he was injured during a game, as he was probably playing slightly hampered. It looks like he is back fully fit and back to being the Full Wood again.

Last edited:

In reality, I reckon it is probably a fair bit less. Cats at 1.49 is way too short against Dogs, as is 1.46 Blues v Giants.

If we don't get in from here, I can actually stomach it. We showed up last night, and didn't sh*t the bed. This is something new. Performing under expectation has not happened for a decade.

Geelong at home playing what might be the last game for some of their favourite sons is not going to be an easy night especially with the flakiness of the Dogs.

I don’t necessarily see it like that.

You don’t mess with form. When you have it as Carlton does. It’s like lightning in a bottle.

Melbourne similar.

They will go out to win. Because that’s what you need to do. Just churn out the wins.

For either clubs point of view, it’s a good tune up for finals with no repercussions if they do s**t the bed. But they shouldn’t.

Yeah, jostling for position in the top 4, playing returning players into synchronicity etc aren't something you rest for. The finals bye round makes resting players in the final round stupid. You could sit them out so long they get rusty.

Call me crazy but Sinclair might win the Brownlow

$151 odds
  • Second leading disposal winner in the comp
  • Teams won 13 maybe 14
  • Would say he stands out, not just the hair but how fast and clean he is to the rest of our squad
  • No one really to take votes off him, Crouch a few big games, Max a few bags but very even team effort
  • Daicos injured, plus I reckon he misses some early people expect him to vote in
  • Don't discount how many Libba might snake from Bont
  • Butters is fighting with one of the best midfields in the game for votes
  • Trac's a bad man

I want to win the flag

This year

We made the blues look ordinary for over a half... dominated them. We learnt from that drop-off.

Let's go to Brissy and win and then roll on.

Team balance looks good

Ross m'f'k'n Lyon

Let's go

Actually done a bit of a Bulldogs and got a lot of players back just at the end of the season when others are losing them. Pies hardly had an injury all year and now look banged up. Ross has been sharking too. Kept his cards close to his chest all year. we are playing braver more direct and attacking footy. We've stopped slow boundary hugging and are moving it fast again.

The thing is, out of all the games we need to go our way, only our opponent has something to play for.

Brisbane are playing to 100% lock in a top 2 spot
Carlton will probably rest some against GWS
Chris Scott said in his presser that they will look to get guys into surgery asap so they will probably have a bunch of people out as well.

Incredible.
No way Carlscum rest any they will bring players back and lock in home finial

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me crazy but Sinclair might win the Brownlow

$151 odds
  • Second leading disposal winner in the comp
  • Teams won 13 maybe 14
  • Would say he stands out, not just the hair but how fast and clean he is to the rest of our squad
  • No one really to take votes off him, Crouch a few big games, Max a few bags but very even team effort
  • Daicos injured, plus I reckon he misses some early people expect him to vote in
  • Don't discount how many Libba might snake from Bont
  • Butters is fighting with one of the best midfields in the game for votes
  • Trac's a bad man

Should have polled well last year. HBFs get disrespected in the votes.

Zaine Cordy is my Pa

The dogs haven’t won at Geelong in 20 years and only once in the last 30 years.

Also we’ve played north twice and west coast once for a grand total margin of 46 points.

If we miss from here we’ve really got no one to blame but ourselves

13 wins for the year is pretty solid (though I guess need to take into account there's an extra game now).

I've been watching footy for about 35 years. In that time we've only had 10 seasons with 13 or more wins. Gotta appreciate these times when you've got them!
But we have won 13/22

Next week is a chance to win 14/23. So nothing to take into account until next week

13 wins for the year is pretty solid (though I guess need to take into account there's an extra game now).

I've been watching footy for about 35 years. In that time we've only had 10 seasons with 13 or more wins. Gotta appreciate these times when you've got them!

It sucks that we actually look to have hit our straps and played some really good footy the last few weeks - made the hawks look second rate (they've been a top 8 side the second half of the year), totally controlled two other sides fighting for their seasons, and apart from a capitulation against the Blues took it right up to the form team for 3 quarters.

Yet we could somehow still miss finals.

Brutal business.

But wow, some great signs last night and if everything goes wrong next week I don't think it should take away from what's been a far better season than most of were hoping for.

Glad you can stomach it, but I can't.

To have the final eight significantly shaped by one arrogant turd of an umpire who put personal pride ahead of professionalism is pathetic. Yeah, I know, chances blah, blah, blah. It's supposed to be a professional sport FFS and we have part time officials. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back