Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter Clark’s skills were important. Everytime he got it he seemed to hit a little bullet pass.

Ok my reality check.

We ARE a finals team, we are good enough with some really great kids and a master coach
We were written off for 2023 and if we don't even make it, we have exceeded expectations.
Last two teams are tired and old, both Richmond and Geelong are on the downward slope.
Can we beat Brisbane up there? Unlikely so we just need to hope results go our way.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of the most pleasing things about that win was our young players stepping up, Owens, Windhager, Nas, Sharman and Phillipou all crucial for us.

Love their composure and will to win.

Jesus Brad Crouch is a ******* player and a half. For a bloke no one but us wanted he has been fantastic.

Yeah he was great again when it counted, winning so many crucial clearances and laying the big tackles.

Stepped up again with Ross going off injured again and Steele struggling again.

He has been one of our best recruits along with Mason Wood, great moneyball picks.

Ok my reality check.

We ARE a finals team, we are good enough with some really great kids and a master coach
We were written off for 2023 and if we don't even make it, we have exceeded expectations.
Last two teams are tired and old, both Richmond and Geelong are on the downward slope.
Can we beat Brisbane up there? Unlikely so we just need to hope results go our way.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We play okay against the Lions.

One free was reversed, so that's actually three free kicks for the entire game. It was a bit like a black comedy in the second half, not getting a free kick at all ...

St Kilda was dominant, so hearty congrats. That atmosphere in the final moments must have been electric ... nothing like knocking out a hated opponent, too.

Good luck for the rest of the year.
Only joking mate. Cheers for a good game. Enjoy the very novel experience of not playing finals. I wonder what you lot will do with your time.

An exceptional team performance, even if we didn’t take all our chances.

Shout out to:
  • Sinclair (38 disposals, 550 metres gained, 11 score involvements)
  • Marshall (24 disposals, a goal, 28 hit outs, 3 contested marks)
  • Wilkie (21 touches, 13 marks, pocketed Cameron)
  • Hill (31 disposals and a heap of run)
How good to end Geelong’s season, we have been in the 8 ALL *ing YEAR, and our youth looked soo good tonight too, it’s a great feeling.

A statement game for RTB, for our players, and for our club in our 150th year.

We sure did verse them good, GO SAINTS, BRING ON FINALS.

Once Hill found out he could just run away from just about any Cats player he was on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I’ve been fairly reserved all season.

looks like finals are a so close. we might win a final but we are no threat - but we are on the improve. We might even have to go backwards next year to go forward.

We have a great bunch of kids coming through and Windy & Owens look like leaders who are sick of mediocrity.

If we can draft smart & a few astute trades (difficult) we are going places.

Absolutely sick of the crap I read on here criticising RTB and the coaching group - they are an excellent group who have lifted the standards.

I’ve been to training for a few years and this group are light years ahead of the 3 previous coaches. For all those numpties - get down to training and have a look at the professional drills rather than be keyboard warriors.

Rant over!

ps I thought Cordy was a spud - we look more settled with him down there than Howard - I was wrong!

pps assuming we are a lock for finals we will probably put the cue in the rack next week and get hammered by the Lions - don’t read too much into the result

Ok I’ve been fairly reserved all season.

looks like finals are a so close. we might win a final but we are no threat - but we are on the improve. We might even have to go backwards next year to go forward.

We have a great bunch of kids coming through and Windy & Owens look like leaders who are sick of mediocrity.

If we can draft smart & a few astute trades (difficult) we are going places.

Absolutely sick of the crap I read on here criticising RTB and the coaching group - they are an excellent group who have lifted the standards.

I’ve been to training for a few years and this group are light years ahead of the 3 previous coaches. For all those numpties - get down to training and have a look at the professional drills rather than be keyboard warriors.

Rant over!

ps I thought Cordy was a spud - we look more settled with him down there than Howard - I was wrong!

We could trouble any side with that type of performance. That was Lyon footy, choke hold them and chip away at the scoreboard.

Higgins joking around after the game, he wouldn't be joking around if we lost that game, he needs to learn to kick straight, one of our worst offenders.

He's a joyous bloke though. He's got a real spark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong *HIGGINS 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back