Preview Round 23, 2024 : Hawks v Tigers, 3.20pm Sun 18th Aug, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for CJ this is footy and the problem with having a good team. He could have risked himself, been subbed out and potentially missed a month through selfishness (or have gotten through unscathed) but he took the correct option and did the right thing, however the guy replacing him played a ripper so now he's going to have to wait his turn.

I'd go no change unless anyone is injured. Hopefully can sub Sis halfway through the third.

Ginnivan is suffering from post-haircut camouflage, statistically his last two games are in line with his season averages.
Given he has had plenty of focus after destroying the pies I'd say that's a decent result.
He would still have been in our top 10 best players yesterday, whoever replaces him wouldn't.

Ginni had an awesome game defensively and scored a couple of good goals. If he has a niggle or is upset about CJ being rested then he needs to be managed carefully as he is so important to us.

Respectfully, I'd suggest that if Ginni decides to not put 100% in because his photoshoot buddy has been replaced by a guy who is bang in form, then I would be stunned.

Ginnivan is a bit of a loose unit off-field sometimes (not bad, but a bit silly) but I have seen zero indication that he wouldn't give 110% for this Hawthorn team.

If anything he'd be encouraging CJ to improve, not sulking with him in a corner - and I'd say he'd be the first bloke to tell Harry 'well played mate' on Sunday.

Strange take - unless you know different, in which case, please share!

Ginni has been nothing but a model pro since getting to Hawthorn.

Respectfully, I'd suggest that if Ginni decides to not put 100% in because his photoshoot buddy has been replaced by a guy who is bang in form, then I would be stunned.

Ginnivan is a bit of a loose unit off-field sometimes (not bad, but a bit silly) but I have seen zero indication that he wouldn't give 110% for this Hawthorn team.

If anything he'd be encouraging CJ to improve, not sulking with him in a corner - and I'd say he'd be the first bloke to tell Harry 'well played mate' on Sunday.

Strange take - unless you know different, in which case, please share!

Ginni has been nothing but a model pro since getting to Hawthorn.

Ginni's personality issues are very over played IMO. He is not a bad person at all. If he was playing in the 80s -2000 era he would barely be getting any negative kickback & would have been wildly popular on "The Footy Show".

in 2024 we live in a time that everyone complains the players are like robots, and when given a guy who doesn't act that way, people act like he is a problem.

Plays with passion, pride and a cheeky side. thought he was a good pick-up at the time & still think that today.

23 goals/23 behinds from his first season with the club is a strong return - he will likely have a few, if not more, seasons where he kicks 40+ as a small forward if he plays another 7-10 years

Ginni had an awesome game defensively and scored a couple of good goals. If he has a niggle or is upset about CJ being rested then he needs to be managed carefully as he is so important to us.
This is right up there with DGB must have ADHD because he gave away a 50m penalty in the random leaps of logic stakes.

I was responding to the earlier comment from another poster that he ‘looked off’ and that he didn’t look happy during the song.

My view is he is absolutely critical to us and I want to him to play so that chemistry of the forward set up continues to improve.

Maybe what I wrote was a little ambiguous or clunky.

This is right up there with DGB must have ADHD because he gave away a 50m penalty in the random leaps of logic stakes.
There is an ‘if’ in the quote.

He’s critical to us and so far we seem to have managed him really well and he has delivered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why anything would change, just keep the side as is unless someone is sore.

Keep Morrison in for his 100th, great reward for his consistent effort.

If CJ is back in then I’ve no clue who would be taken out, everyone played their role well.

I'd like to see CJ as the sub. Can come on and provide a spark with his run. Breust can have a rest for a week.

I believe this idea was mooted earlier in the year by Sam, due to his history of soft tissue injuries. I don’t think he would have changed his mind.
Playing against a struggling Richmond might allow CJ to play like his old self. That is, at 100%. As mentioned by others, it looks like he has been holding back somewhat.

I was responding to the earlier comment from another poster that he ‘looked off’ and that he didn’t look happy during the song.

My view is he is absolutely critical to us and I want to him to play so that chemistry of the forward set up continues to improve.

Maybe what I wrote was a little ambiguous or clunky.
That was me and was curious if anyone had some inside info, i too think he is crucial for the team balance and a lock in our starting 22. No dispersions cast on his performance or his importance to the team. Apologies if it read like that.

There is an ‘if’ in the quote.

He’s critical to us and so far we seem to have managed him really well and he has delivered.
Sure, but you've still come up with a specific theory seemingly out of nowhere as to why he was looking unhappy during the song when we don't even know for sure he was. If he was actually down about something (and admittedly it does look like his mind was elsewhere) then it could have been over just about anything. He might have just been dehydrated from running around in the sun for a few hours, or in need of the toilet.

For what it's worth he was all smiles on the club's socials as the players were leaving the ground and in the photos in the rooms after the song.

Need to win big to make sure of finals. No resting anyone unless they are genuinely injured. Richmond would love to end our season and we shouldn’t be taking them lightly.

If Day is injured then CJ comes back in and Ginni, CMac and Moore get some more midfield time.

Morrison more than earned his spot for this game.

For what it's worth he was all smiles on the club's socials as the players were leaving the ground and in the photos in the rooms after the song.
Collingwood didn’t manage him with the respect I hope and believe we are.

He’s worth more to us than his statistical output - the conversation we’re having over the other points would be better over a beer than nitpicking in print. I hope we get to do that one day.

Hawthorn push when times are tough on field and I’ve watch our small forward quartet do that time and again - no coincidence that since Ginnivan and Watson joined and under our VC, this has happened.

Keep this momentum rolling no change barring injurys! We are not in a position to go lightly, full steam ahead to stay in the 8!

There is a bye post season if we are good enough the boys get a well earned rest then!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back