Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Massimo was once again superb today. Some of his kicks and also defenseive efforts were insanely good.

That one play (at about 1:55 on the highlights) where he collected, stepped by someone and then drilled a kick from between two Richmond players was superb. The kick hit Moore on the tit with some velocity. It was a worm burning lazerbeam.

Tough crowd in here.
Round 5 : can't see where out next win comes from
Round 23 : that was an average 10 goal win

Here's our reality. We have a bunch of kids running around and are still developing. As Sam always says "not a finished product".

To constantly have the expectation we are going to trounce opposition en route to a flag is unrealistic. For many of us, the season has been a raving flippin success Even on the off chance we lose to North and miss finals.
Some posts in this thread smack of entitlement. We still have a long way to go. Mitch is building this team to not just win 1 flag but repeat the dynasty he helped lead 10 years ago.

I think the best thing about the win is it’s clear where we were good and where we need to put the work in. If we can get 10% more out of a few players then we are really hard to beat. Biggest concern is young minds over the finals bye. I’m pretty quick to make some big statements after a poor performance but I reckon all we can do is get behind this team and give them everything we got. Get to the training sessions if you can. Keep positive in the comments. Turn up to the games. Keep your scarfs on. We have been fast tracked to finals by a great coach and willing young team. We are at the foot of the mountain range. This is about the next decade now. Go Hawks!

Tough crowd in here.

Here's our reality. We have a bunch of kids running around and are still developing. As Sam always says "not a finished product".

To constantly have the expectation we are going to trounce opposition en route to a flag is unrealistic. For many of us, the season has been a raving flippin success Even on the off chance we lose to North and miss finals.
Some posts in this thread smack of entitlement. We still have a long way to go. Mitch is building this team to not just win 1 flag but repeat the dynasty he helped lead 10 years ago.
Yep ure right and I am guilty of it myself. It's expectation after that scintillating first qtr. I apologise to everyone that was sitting in my location. We need to appreciate the monumental season from our boys

Yep ure right and I am guilty of it myself. It's expectation after that scintillating first qtr. I apologise to everyone that was sitting in my location. We need to appreciate the monumental season from our boys
Unfortunately very few sides that earn a 50 point lead after the first quarter end up winning by 200 points 😋

Tough crowd in here.

True but it’s human nature. In life we spend up to our income as it increases we expect better as we receive better treatment or results. Add to that how average the sides in the finals are and we have a chance this year. If we don’t that’s fine we are on the right path. I’m daring to dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough crowd in here.

Still need to cement a spot in finals. If/when we secure the 4 points this week then we can dare to dream. Sitting 7th in round 23 no matter how tight it all still is speaks volumes after a 0-5 start.

Yours is post of the day for me though.

I’m quite happy knowing that if we get beat in the finals it will take a great game to do it. The boys won’t roll over and pee on themselves for any side. But until I have to test that conviction, I’m thinking that…

athletics-win-streak-090419-getty-ftr_1lmgxat9c7yfa1wy0g5vj3v5f4.jpg

Unfortunately very few sides that earn a 50 point lead after the first quarter end up winning by 200 points 😋

Have a look in the gameday thread. There's expectation and then there's idiocy.

There were posters saying our second quarter was the worst football they'd seen this year (!). The reality is Richmond tried a few things and I think Sam let it ride to see how the team reacted. In the third we adjusted and then ran over the top of them.

True. However booing a player that was let go from the club is a bit rich. Chol and Dear are certainly huge upgrades.

Geez, how good will Dear be for us!?!
Right on MtGHawk, last year our forward line consisted of Fergus Greene, Denver, Chad and Kosi in the main forward positions. We had nothing coming through when Mitch Lewis was injured. In 12 months the transformation is incredible, but there’s still more to do.

That second qtr is how Geelong got us at their home. Contested marking around the ground. It is our weakness. It can be used against us. We are building I wasn't annoyed by the second qtr the opposition came in with a plan and executed and we had to adapt and we did in the 3rd. We had so many chances in the last qtr but we still took some. Its Meek monday and a 10 goal win. We hold destiny and finals in our own hands. What's there to be upset about. Can't wait till next week. Excitement for finals is building

Tough crowd in here.

You’re 100% right. I still describe yesterday as a frustrating day at the footy because of all the circumstances - Day going down and West Coast failing dismally combining with our second and third quarters was a bit annoying. Definitely felt more philosophical about it all once Day was confirmed as no break.

Ginni has missed many sitters this year unfortunately.

Another year of Breust would be invaluable for Ginni and Watson. If they could be as reliable as prime Breust was then they’d be formidable.

We beat North regardless, just takes the cut throat factor out of it knowing we've made it and can rest a few who might be underdone and at risk of further damage. Not worried about Bris, haven't beaten us since 2019.
It's a nice stat but how many of those games since 2019 have been at the Gabba? None.

Brisbane are a completely different proposition at home and I wouldn't take them lightly, especially in a cut throat final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back