Toast Round 23 = Collingwood 79-78 Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane will be absolutely devastated.
sorry not sorry entitled to an opinion GIF

That was such an enjoyable win! We may not play finals but geez I'm proud of the boys today. Happy for Schultz to have his moment after a tough year. Now to finish off the Dees next week and then, with a little luck, we might just make an appearance in September after all.

Floreat Pica!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You bloody little rippers😀. Would have been a travesty if we’d lost by less than a goal with that “umpire contact”call gifting Brisbane a goal. Lachie Schultz, so happy for him, that’s why we got him. Thankfully he doesn’t drop his bundle like some on here when things aren’t going to plan. Beau “fumbles” McCreery another glimpse of stoppage/midfield potential too for the critics.
Go Pies❤️❤️❤️

I’m actually so stoked for Shoota. Not the year he, the club or the fans would’ve hoped for but we needed a match winner and he stood up.

While I’m here, Isaac Quaynor, take a bow. Game saving tackle in every sense of the word!

Last edited:
Like many of us I've been disappointed with the Schultz trade this season, but credit where it's due... not only did he have to contend with the hate from the public and the media, he had to contend with his own loss in self confidence after missing a couple of opportunities in the first 3 quarters today... to stand up and deliver when it counted took true mental strength.

Upwards and forwards shoota!

Billy Frampton, take a bow.

With four minutes on the clock he took the best contested mark he’s had for the club - against 2 opponents. Not exactly an outcome you’d bet your house on. Actually, probably his only contested mark, I don’t remember him taking too many others? Then he gets it to Noble …

John Noble, take a bow.

Gets the ball from Frampton, puts the jets on, and takes a Nick Daicos-esque kick across his body on the run and hits Shultz lace out 25 meters directly in front …

Lachy Shultz, take two bows.

One for kicking the set shot to bring us within 2 goals.

One for kicking a reverse banana on the run on his right from the right pocket to bring us to within 1 goal. Exactly the type of kick the commentators were mocking Brisbane for botching in the second quarter suggesting Eddie Betts was the only one who could kick them.

Isaac Quaynor, take a bow.

The chase down tackle from miles behind in Brisbane’s F50 with 3 minutes left in the clock won us the game as much as any other play.

Beau McCreery, take a bow.

You legend for kicking another one of the inside out checkside kicks on the run to put us in front and making it look oh so easy.

Our last four minutes - our best players put their feet up and let many of our usual whipping boys put on a show.

Last edited:
Still the biggest choke of the year
1st to 10th
3 in 70 years and counting
Haha
Brother, you’re embarrassing yourself so badly here, please seek help.

I’d say things will get better for you, but considering your team of choice, I think we all know that’s not true.

Anyway, I’m here if you need to talk xoxo

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 23 = Collingwood 79-78 Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back